UNLV

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:38 pm It's the ______ most attractive coaching job in the mwc.

Boise, sdsu, uhhhhh

Somebody will click there and build a winner.
I know this won't be a popular comment with some on here, but I would think that the csu job would be fairly desirable to coaching candidates. Brand new stadium, good salary, close to a major city but not in the middle of it...which makes it all the better that they can't figure it out and we keep beating them... :rofl: :rofl:
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:38 pm It's the ______ most attractive coaching job in the mwc.

Boise, sdsu, uhhhhh

I know this won't be a popular comment with some on here, but I would think that the csu job would be fairly desirable to coaching candidates. Brand new stadium, good salary, close to a major city but not in the middle of it...which makes it all the better that they can't figure it out and we keep beating them... :rofl: :rofl:
I think you're spot on. I'm honestly not sure how they can keep screwing the pooch so badly. Fort Collins is probably one of the more attractive destinations in the MWC: close to wilderness, there's shopping, international airport is fairly close, it's an active college town with tons of great breweries, job market in the area is great both in terms of diversity and pay, and it's the closest school to Wyoming. ;)

In all seriousness, does any other MWC school have an overall more favorable situation? San Diego's nice and all, but until they actually replace Qualcomm/SDCCU or whatever it's called now, it's a pretty rough sell from the get go.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Boise, sdsu, uhhhhh

I think you're spot on. I'm honestly not sure how they can keep screwing the pooch so badly. Fort Collins is probably one of the more attractive destinations in the MWC: close to wilderness, there's shopping, international airport is fairly close, it's an active college town with tons of great breweries, job market in the area is great both in terms of diversity and pay, and it's the closest school to Wyoming. ;)

In all seriousness, does any other MWC school have an overall more favorable situation? San Diego's nice and all, but until they actually replace Qualcomm/SDCCU or whatever it's called now, it's a pretty rough sell from the get go.
To each their own. Maybe you 2 should go be ram fans, the way you are pumping sunshine up their asses on our own gawd damned message board.

;)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Boise, sdsu, uhhhhh

I think the csu job is in a group with New Mexico and Nevada. A tier below sdsu and unlv.

Boise is clearly ahead of csu
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:51 pm

Boise, sdsu, uhhhhh

To each their own. Maybe you 2 should go be ram fans, the way you are pumping sunshine up their asses on our own gawd damned message board.

;)
Ft. Collins sucks. It a crowded cluster F.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:51 pm To each their own. Maybe you 2 should go be ram fans, the way you are pumping sunshine up their asses on our own gawd damned message board.

;)
I'm just giving the perspective of the average recruit looking in - not my personal preference. It should be easy to build a solid program at CSU, and I don't understand why they fail. I think it's a better destination than both SDSU (because of amenities), and Boise (location).

Whatever's turning quality players and coaches off, it's got to be pretty serious... maybe there really is a requirement to be into things of the ovine persuasion?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:30 pm
McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:51 pm To each their own. Maybe you 2 should go be ram fans, the way you are pumping sunshine up their asses on our own gawd damned message board.

;)
I'm just giving the perspective of the average recruit looking in - not my personal preference. It should be easy to build a solid program at CSU, and I don't understand why they fail. I think it's a better destination than both SDSU (because of amenities), and Boise (location).

Whatever's turning quality players and coaches off, it's got to be pretty serious... maybe there really is a requirement to be into things of the ovine persuasion?
I think the main reason is they are practically irrelevant in their own market. Between CU, Denver Broncos, Avalanche, Rockies, the fairy football MLS team, Nuggets, AF and Northern Colorado, there is too much competition. People just don't care about CSU, which is too funny because they think they are sooo great.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Fort Collins simply isn’t a college football town. It’s more for for people who like to sniff each other’s farts.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:54 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:30 pm

;)

I think the main reason is they are practically irrelevant in their own market. Between CU, Denver Broncos, Avalanche, Rockies, the fairy football MLS team, Nuggets, AF and Northern Colorado, there is too much competition. People just don't care about CSU, which is too funny because they think they are sooo great.
This combined with a lousy Athletic Department that rewards a few 7 and 6 seasons with bowl losses to G 5 teams by giving Bobo a dump truck full of money. His buy out is like six million. Were they really worried that Bobo was going to get poached by a P5 school for beating the bottom of the mountain west a few years in a row.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

LOL @ whoever said the UNLV job is attractive. They are a bottom third MW job. That job is closer to SJSU than SDSU in desirability. Football will always be second fiddle to basketball there. They have no history, no infrastructure, no large alumni support, no facilities, they don’t pay great, they don’t really have a recruiting base (Las Vegas is full of transplants with no allegiance to the area and their top prospects fall under the umbrella of the SoCal schools).
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Boise, sdsu, uhhhhh

Obviously you haven't spent much time in Las Vegas, nor are you very familiar with UNLV Football's history.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Bob Davie had an entire off-season filled with scandal, and just today his best player beat another kid so bad he was put in the hospital. Can't imagine that situation lasts much longer either.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

J-Rod wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:24 pm Bob Davie had an entire off-season filled with scandal, and just today his best player beat another kid so bad he was put in the hospital. Can't imagine that situation lasts much longer either.
For real? Didn't see any news about that...do you have a link?

If true, I think Davie is a goner. And that means, the team will realize he is a goner, and are going to play like the f-word Patriots in their last game.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:35 am
J-Rod wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:24 pm Bob Davie had an entire off-season filled with scandal, and just today his best player beat another kid so bad he was put in the hospital. Can't imagine that situation lasts much longer either.

If true, I think Davie is a goner. And that means, the team will realize he is a goner, and are going to play like the f-word Patriots in their last game.
https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerque-m ... 1563953733

Beat up a teammate.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:35 am

To make matters worse, it was a teammate. The player that is suspended is leading the team in tackles.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1239810/unm- ... mmate.html
Steamboat
Buckaroo

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:45 pm I've never understood why UNLV doesn't have a better program. Vegas is awesome. What kid wouldn't want to go to school there? Can't beat the nightlife and the weather is pretty outstanding in the fall and winter.
What parents would want their kid to go to school in Las Vegas?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Steamboat wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 am
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:45 pm I've never understood why UNLV doesn't have a better program. Vegas is awesome. What kid wouldn't want to go to school there? Can't beat the nightlife and the weather is pretty outstanding in the fall and winter.
SDPoke fan
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

I feel sorry for @DesertCowboy, but I sat through some 1-10 seasons with Wyo and SDSU too...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:27 am
Steamboat wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 am
SDPoke fan
She wanted me to go to Harvard. But I ended up at the Harvard of the Midwest, instead—Chadron St. College.