Bohl Ball

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Bohl Ball, or 4 yards and a cloud of dust, works against crap defenses. I'll become a believer that this offense can get us to the promise land when we do it against a good team. For now, though, GO POKES!!!!!

Cowboy football is fun again.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:01 pm Bohl Ball, or 4 yards and a cloud of dust, works against crap defenses. I'll become a believer that this offense can get us to the promise land when we do it against a good team. For now, though, GO POKES!!!!!

Cowboy football is fun again.
One word, Chambers. Should have been playing all year IMO.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

This has been a pretty odd year. The schedule was so much harder than expected. Wazzu, mizzu, boise, Fresno, Utah state prob all end up ranked. And over achieving in all cases. Except Boise, maybe Missouri.

Hindsight makes the coaches look so stupid w chambers/tvw but I can almost see how it happened.

This has been so fun to watch a chambers and nico and running like this. Logan Wilson and wingard and a whole bunch of others on defense are doing some of the best work ever.

I feel bad for whatever poop team gets a matchup with a 6-6 Wyoming team.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Had Chambers started the earlier in the year, I'm not so sure that we still don't lose those games with the exception of Hawaii. Chambers helps us greatly in moving the ball but we won't really see him play against a good defensive team this season. He's made the last few games exciting and I am happy we are winning but I just don't see us winning games in the future with Chambers throwing 10 or less times. We are getting away with it now but he's going to have to develop into a passer as well. Not trying to be a downer but good defensive teams won't let him run like that.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Brown and Gold wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:36 pm Had Chambers started the earlier in the year, I'm not so sure that we still don't lose those games with the exception of Hawaii. Chambers helps us greatly in moving the ball but we won't really see him play against a good defensive team this season. He's made the last few games exciting and I am happy we are winning but I just don't see us winning games in the future with Chambers throwing 10 or less times. We are getting away with it now but he's going to have to develop into a passer as well. Not trying to be a downer but good defensive teams won't let him run like that.
I tend to agree. I think we beat Hawaii with Chambers but this simple ass QB power run game we’re doing now wouldn’t beat any average to good team on our schedule.

I will give credit to the staff for changing things up and inserting Chambers, as we were staring at a 2-3 win season as things were. We at least know we can ground n pound the dregs of FBS, NMSU and SJSU.

I don’t think what we’re doing offensively would hold up over a whole season and against average-good competition but it at least gives us a chance to end the year on a good note against the bottom of the MW. We will probably find out next year as this will probably convince Bohl/Vigen we don’t need to make any offensive changes and next season we will run out this QB power run game first game against Missouri.

We’re still going to (or should be) have to do a lot of soul searching this offseason offensively. But today was nice to finally beat freaking SJSU after god knows how many years losing to them.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think next year the offense should look more similar to 2016. Sean is as athletic as Josh and will get important 1sts with his feet but hopefully he doesn’t need to run for 100 yards each game. I think seans passing game looks good so far. Once he grabs more of the offense and coaches are comfortable, I think he’ll do pretty well
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wasn't impressed by anything i braved the weather for amongst a hearty 9000 others today, take the leash off Chambers so we can truly see his full potential, if we don't play better than today Air Force might be ugly, time will tell, esp off a bye
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:20 pm I think next year the offense should look more similar to 2016. Sean is as athletic as Josh and will get important 1sts with his feet but hopefully he doesn’t need to run for 100 yards each game. I think seans passing game looks good so far. Once he grabs more of the offense and coaches are comfortable, I think he’ll do pretty well
Next years schedule looks really nice too. Missouri a tough first game but should be a 3-1 ooc record and looks really likely to be 3-1 or prob 4-0 home conference schedule. 1 easy road game. I think almost anyone here looking at the schedule will see 8 or 9 wins
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:21 am
laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:20 pm I think next year the offense should look more similar to 2016. Sean is as athletic as Josh and will get important 1sts with his feet but hopefully he doesn’t need to run for 100 yards each game. I think seans passing game looks good so far. Once he grabs more of the offense and coaches are comfortable, I think he’ll do pretty well
Next years schedule looks really nice too. Missouri a tough first game but should be a 3-1 ooc record and looks really likely to be 3-1 or prob 4-0 home conference schedule. 1 easy road game. I think almost anyone here looking at the schedule will see 8 or 9 wins
Lots of major questions heading into next year. Mainly replacing much of the D and Nico. We haven't shown yet that we can just reload vs. rebuild positions. Hoping you are right, but I'm not sure if we take a big step forward or not.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

stymeman wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:50 pm Wasn't impressed by anything i braved the weather for amongst a hearty 9000 others today, take the leash off Chambers so we can truly see his full potential, if we don't play better than today Air Force might be ugly, time will tell, esp off a bye
Huh, what game were you watching? That was total domination on both sides of the ball. Without those two costly fumbles, we are looking at a 32-3 type score. It may have only been SJSU, but that was an impressive game missing both a Granderson and Ghaifan.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Sorry i found it very boring, my take, my opinion
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I think we can continue to win without throwing it this year for sure, and possibly in the future, depending on how the running game is without Nico. If Bigelow or Valladay or whoever it will be can be good, I think we can continue. If it turns out like Trey Woods did though, and Chambers legs are our only threat, we're f-word
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Brown and Gold wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:36 pm Had Chambers started the earlier in the year, I'm not so sure that we still don't lose those games with the exception of Hawaii. Chambers helps us greatly in moving the ball but we won't really see him play against a good defensive team this season. He's made the last few games exciting and I am happy we are winning but I just don't see us winning games in the future with Chambers throwing 10 or less times. We are getting away with it now but he's going to have to develop into a passer as well. Not trying to be a downer but good defensive teams won't let him run like that.
Tough to say. The Pokes have done a 180 since Chambers started playing. USU couldn't stop him. Just think if he played more than a couple plays in the first half.....or at the very least the final drive? I'd have to think the Pokes would have been able to move the ball better in all the other games too. Hindsight is 20/20, but what could have been.

Go Pokes!!
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

We may have moved the ball a little bit more but I don't see how we win any of those games. Maybe USU but in terms of points.....Chambers didn't do much vs USU.....he had yards and a big play by Nico.
wstrnthndrdad
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am Sorry i found it very boring, my take, my opinion
Wow, I thought only Alabama and NDSU fans could say that, that a win is boring. I, for one, am thrilled! A young team that was struggling in every phase of the game (albeit against some strong competition) has started to learn and improve and WIN (albeit against some not-so-strong competition). These things make the college game special to me, when a team (MY team!) that had very little going for it starts to get their confidence and swagger and play better football. Super fun!!

styme, I'll take your tickets if you don't want to use 'em...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

wstrnthndrdad wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:55 am
stymeman wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am Sorry i found it very boring, my take, my opinion
Wow, I thought only Alabama and NDSU fans could say that, that a win is boring. I, for one, am thrilled! A young team that was struggling in every phase of the game (albeit against some strong competition) has started to learn and improve and WIN (albeit against some not-so-strong competition). These things make the college game special to me, when a team (MY team!) that had very little going for it starts to get their confidence and swagger and play better football. Super fun!!
+100
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...