The War, CSU, Canvas Stadium..

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I am not a big fan of the design of Canvas stadium, but it is a huge upgrade from the War. I dont know how Bobo cant get it done there. If Bohl had a dome or nicer stadium..just imagine. I think a big mistake was made when the IPF was built. The athletic dep. should have had more ambition and had a dome built. The dome could be use for a lot more things than just football, There could be a lot of events held in it in the offseason as well as classrooms and for other academic stuff. The War has character, but it is nothing great. Pokes are lucky that the rest of the Conf. stadiums are just as bad or worse. Also our home uniforms get worse every year. The yellow pants are ugly, especially without the shine of the old material(they need a full stipe at least). I wish the pokes would go with white pants at home and brown or white on the road. They could use the yellow pants for homecoming or once a year. Why cant they darken the brown, If you look at the unis from the 90s, the brown seemed a little darker. Just some thoughts on the off week.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

You are actually comparing an IPF to a dome?!?! One cost $10 million, the other would cost easily over $100 million. Might as well hire Nick Saban while we're at it...
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

The IPF was like what, 5-10 million?

A new domed stadium would be 200 million minimum. Not exactly like they were comparable choices to make.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Also our home uniforms get worse every year.
Man I'm getting sick of hearing your obsession against the uniforms.

It's time to give it a rest.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

I think the unis look great!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:53 pm I am not a big fan of the design of Canvas stadium, but it is a huge upgrade from the War. I dont know how Bobo cant get it done there. If Bohl had a dome or nicer stadium..just imagine. I think a big mistake was made when the IPF was built. The athletic dep. should have had more ambition and had a dome built. The dome could be use for a lot more things than just football, There could be a lot of events held in it in the offseason as well as classrooms and for other academic stuff. The War has character, but it is nothing great. Pokes are lucky that the rest of the Conf. stadiums are just as bad or worse. Also our home uniforms get worse every year. The yellow pants are ugly, especially without the shine of the old material(they need a full stipe at least). I wish the pokes would go with white pants at home and brown or white on the road. They could use the yellow pants for homecoming or once a year. Why cant they darken the brown, If you look at the unis from the 90s, the brown seemed a little darker. Just some thoughts on the off week.
You are absolutely correct, had the University of Wyoming simply won the mega-millions $1.6 billion dollar drawing, then it should have built a multi-purpose dome rather than the IPF.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Really? yeah thats what I meant. Im not comparing the price of a dome to the IPF. I am stating that with dome, there would have been no need for an IPF. People of the state have an archaic mentality on everything. The old CSU AD went into and got a stadium built when everybody was saying they had no funds. He got it done Period!! All we did was put duct tape on the stadium in the form of the wildcatter suites and the new HAPC.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:09 pm Really? yeah thats what I meant. Im not comparing the price of a dome to the IPF. I am stating that with dome, there would have been no need for an IPF. People of the state have an archaic mentality on everything. The old CSU AD went into and got a stadium built when everybody was saying they had no funds. He got it done Period!! All we did was put duct tape on the stadium in the form of the wildcatter suites and the new HAPC.
It isn't done though, they got something called payments which will take a bite out of their budget for some time. Maybe it will work out for them in the end, but many more seasons like this one for CSU and you will be looking at a lot of unhappy taxpayers who are not CSU fans in that state.

By the way, ever wonder why those big schools out east tend to go with the "duct tape on the stadium" approach?
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Looks done to me. I physically walked into it last week and watched a game there. With one 4 year Univ. in the state our facilities could and should be better. I mean our motto is One Wyoming. Ambitious people find a way to get stuff done. It all starts from the top. Look at the AA (inside bowl) remodel, it looks horrible. I have not heard any person say they liked it. We get what we pay for I guess. My friend had a talk with Burman a few years back and he came away very disappointed in Burman's expectations for athletics and his excuses for certain things.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:09 pm Really? yeah thats what I meant. Im not comparing the price of a dome to the IPF. I am stating that with dome, there would have been no need for an IPF. People of the state have an archaic mentality on everything. The old CSU AD went into and got a stadium built when everybody was saying they had no funds. He got it done Period!! All we did was put duct tape on the stadium in the form of the wildcatter suites and the new HAPC.
You also need to factor in the fact that no one in a position of authority wants a dome. The administration, coach Bohl, none of them want it, they like the advantage that playing outside in the elements brings. Why even think about that when it's a non-starter for those in charge.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Unless you can build a dome on the highways in the state of Wyoming I don’t think a dome is going to do much for increasing attendance.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

calpoke25 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:30 pm Unless you can build a dome on the highways in the state of Wyoming I don’t think a dome is going to do much for increasing attendance.
Yup, this is the real issue. I don't mind sitting and watching Pokes in a snowstorm. I mind being stuck with roads closed, or driving 5 mph because of zero visibility.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

If I had one the mega millions, you all would have been pleasantly surprised
W-Y, Until I Die!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

WyoVaquero wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:17 pm Looks done to me. I physically walked into it last week and watched a game there. With one 4 year Univ. in the state our facilities could and should be better. I mean our motto is One Wyoming. Ambitious people find a way to get stuff done. It all starts from the top. Look at the AA (inside bowl) remodel, it looks horrible. I have not heard any person say they liked it. We get what we pay for I guess. My friend had a talk with Burman a few years back and he came away very disappointed in Burman's expectations for athletics and his excuses for certain things.
I like the AA remodel. Course is was only me and however many hundreds more but I enjoyed my first game since it was renovated. Ridiculously sad they couldn't get more than about 40-50 students to less than half full the little spot at end of the court
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:17 pm Looks done to me. I physically walked into it last week and watched a game there. With one 4 year Univ. in the state our facilities could and should be better. I mean our motto is One Wyoming. Ambitious people find a way to get stuff done. It all starts from the top. Look at the AA (inside bowl) remodel, it looks horrible. I have not heard any person say they liked it. We get what we pay for I guess. My friend had a talk with Burman a few years back and he came away very disappointed in Burman's expectations for athletics and his excuses for certain things.
There's a difference between getting it done, and getting it done RIGHT. You're either too young or too dim to know the difference. CSEwe is jacked to the fun bags to the tune of 60% of their total endowment for something that is not exaclty burning up the ROI meter.

Besides, football is an outdoor sport. Domed stadiums are for kitty and urban cowboys.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I like it.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

The AA remodel was / is a disaster. Lipstick on a pig. Burman's ass should be held to the fire for that debacle alone in my opinion. Like putting "new" wood paneling in your single-wide for $100,000 that you don't own. It is going to take another 20 million to make it right, at least.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:35 pm If I had one the mega millions, you all would have been pleasantly surprised
I was joking about the exact same thing. Someone asked me what I would do with my winnings and my response was to "Buy Wyoming a national championship" Go out and buy Nick Saban and the best assistant coaches possible. Build a palace of a stadium with facilities nicer than Texas. It only takes money!
I'm good for 3!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

castlerocker wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:51 pm
Also our home uniforms get worse every year.
Man I'm getting sick of hearing your obsession against the uniforms.

It's time to give it a rest.
That being said, he's not wrong
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

My god you're dense