Chambers in Utah States Offense

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Can you picture Chambers in an offense similar to Utah State?

David Yost Utah State OC would be the best hire possible.

Bohl and Vigen went and found themselves a spread qb. We can't watch three years of them trying to get chambers to fit vigen offense. If Bohl wants to succeed he gets someone to build a real offense with this guy. It's not like Vigen can't stay around as Associate HC or whatever title needed.

UW needs to spend a half million or so and bring in an offensive mind like Yost.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

You do realize you are advocating for bringing in a guy that learned his offensive philosophy under Dave Christensen...to run an offense coached by Craig Bohl. Talked about water and oil.

Having said that, it wouldn't be the worst idea. Definitely would shake things up, but I don't think UW's offense has the right personnel to run this type of O right now.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The perfect fit is coaching Colorado school of mines.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:34 am You do realize you are advocating for bringing in a guy that learned his offensive philosophy under Dave Christensen...to run an offense coached by Craig Bohl. Talked about water and oil.

Having said that, it wouldn't be the worst idea. Definitely would shake things up, but I don't think UW's offense has the right personnel to run this type of O right now.
They have the right personal at qb and RB. Prob is what it is at ol and the wr's jobs are made easier in that system. Wyo doesn't have the wr's to run its own system because they don't beat people
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:02 am The perfect fit is coaching Colorado school of mines.
Wait for who? I assume Vigen?

Mines job I don't want him there.

What's wrong with keeping Vigen as an assistant? Nobody loses their livelihood. Not like he's got a network to reach out for work from
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:16 am Can you picture Chambers in an offense similar to Utah State?
How about receiver depth similar to Utah State as well? Those dudes have 12 guys catching the ball every game.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Nobody wants Yost here or cares how chambers would fit with him. The problem is not the type of offense we have, its the play calling within the offense.. You can have any offense, but if the play calling sucks and lacks creativity then you get what have had the last year or so. Pokes need to recruit better receivers or coach them better. skill positions players are the easiest to recruit, they are everywhere. Every team including FCS and D2 seems to have decent running backs and receivers. I know we are fine at running back, but we some deep threat receivers.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Gregg Brandon.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:09 am
marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:02 am The perfect fit is coaching Colorado school of mines.
Wait for who? I assume Vigen?

Mines job I don't want him there.

What's wrong with keeping Vigen as an assistant? Nobody loses their livelihood. Not like he's got a network to reach out for work from
He meant Gregg Brandon, the head coach at CO Mines, he wants him to replace Vigen.

As for your scenario, I can appreciate the sentiment, but someone would still have to lose their job to make it happen. NCAA only allows a maximum number of coaches, so in order to bring in Yost or someone else and still keep Vigen on staff would require one of the other position coaches to be fired first.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

So, is it implied that all DC needed was Sean Chambers at QB and he wouldn’t have been fired? I hate Utah sts offense. Oregon/Ok st is all the same. Utah sts coach was about to get fired and his team grew up. They’ll be like us and have 1-2 good years and then need to reload.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

No, DC had a better QB than Chambers. Should have DC got a shot to coach him his senior year? Probably. DC really needed a Hazelton or a Breske. He also shouldn’t have ran off Gregg Brandon. For that matter why wasn’t Brandon considered as a HC option before and after DC? His Bowling Green team beat up on one of Glenn’s teams right? How many coaching options does Wyoming have where the coach has a winning D1 record ( not D1aa)? He’s off the Urban Myer coaching tree, has Wyoming ties, and already lives in the front range, is he a complete ass or something to not be considered?

The best option I think is to keep with Bohl for 3 more years and see what happens, but his undoing is going to be his offense ( I think he keeps Vigen).
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Shouldn't you be dreaming up a 36 team MWC again?
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

What we really need is a coach that can adjust schemes to our players strengths and figure out how to fill in the gaps on the weaknesses. We are going to have a slightly different set of players every recruiting class, and trying to focus on what they do the best would be the best move.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:40 pm What we really need is a coach that can adjust schemes to our players strengths and figure out how to fill in the gaps on the weaknesses. We are going to have a slightly different set of players every recruiting class, and trying to focus on what they do the best would be the best move.
These are wise words.