JUCOs

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

We very rarely hit the JUCO route. There are some good JUCO states near us. I heard something awhile back about the UW admissions not allowing the transfer of a lot of credits from JUCOs. any truth to this?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I have heard it is hard to get Jucos in here. Even from Wyoming junior colleges.

I noticed that NM's class is pretty much all Jucos. That's a sign of a program on life support
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:37 pm I have heard it is hard to get Jucos in here. Even from Wyoming junior colleges.

I noticed that NM's class is pretty much all Jucos. That's a sign of a program on life support
This info is dated, but it shows what the average each conference recruited from the JUCO ranks (some fairly heavily). As you will see, the MWC (BYU, Utah, TCU were still members when this study was done) ranked near the top as far as filling their rosters with JUCO transfers. It would be interesting to see what those numbers would be today, especially with the addition of BSU, USU, FSU, Nevada, Hawaii, and SJSU. Here's the breakdown:

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/201 ... n_the.html
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:37 pm I have heard it is hard to get Jucos in here. Even from Wyoming junior colleges.

And the demise of Davie after next year
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:08 pm

And the demise of Davie after next year
Maybe...his contract runs through 2021. If they couldn't afford a $1.4 million buyout this year, it won't be much less next year. They might be stuck with him for a bit unless a donor wants to shell out the money. UNM athletics had a $4 million deficit this year...UCF.