Good thing UW didn't get an invite to the First Responder Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

braves84 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:45 pm I get the whole dislike for csu and the rivalry thing, and byu for snubbing the mwc and going independent. but what's with all the hatred for bsu genuinely curious,is It just because they are the flag bearer of the league? Please don't tell me it's because of their fans, all teams have some poop ones.
Are you assuming that is the general feeling of the Wyoming fan base? I root for BSU out of conference and hope our program can achieve their sustained success some day.

The only team I genuinely dislike is BYU.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

BSU's unequal revenue deal bothers me
braves84
Buckaroo

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:05 am
braves84 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:45 pm I get the whole dislike for csu and the rivalry thing, and byu for snubbing the mwc and going independent. but what's with all the hatred for bsu genuinely curious,is It just because they are the flag bearer of the league? Please don't tell me it's because of their fans, all teams have some poop ones.
Are you assuming that is the general feeling of the Wyoming fan base? I root for BSU out of conference and hope our program can achieve their sustained success some day.

The only team I genuinely dislike is BYU.
no, not at all. I just noticed a few on here seem to have a genuine dislike for bsu, I realize its a small sample size. just curious if there was a reason.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I'll chime in, as I fit in that category. Two things really pissed me off about Boise after they got in the MW. First, the field, and more specifically, camouflaging themselves into the field. Second, (and around the same time the MW and NCAA were issuing conflicting rulings on the field and jerseys) they were caught pumping crowd noise through their speakers. Those two things along with a steady diet of kicking our asses was all it took for me. Not saying it's terribly rational, but sports fandom rarely is.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

For me, and i wonder how many others, conference camaraderie went out the window a long time ago.

I couldn't care less about what conference teams do.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:31 pm For me, and i wonder how many others, conference camaraderie went out the window a long time ago.

I'm starting to feel the same way. I like Hawaii and made friends with several of Hawaii fans on Sports Hawaii but for the most part, I really don't care about them. Part of that is our loss to them this year that, for all intents and purposes, prevented us from going bowling. :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:01 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:19 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:48 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:01 pm
Cornpoke wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:03 am
Wyovanian wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:46 am Just out of curiosity, anyone know how many people died in lightning strikes before this "rule" was implemented? How about how many people have been seriously injured or killed by opposing fans? How about how many have been injured or killed while driving to or from a game?
Statically I'm sure it's pretty low. There was a lightning strike not too long ago at a NASCAR race that killed some fans. I had close encounter at a golf course once, since then I don't take any chances. Lee Trevino was struck by lightning during a tournament and was just fine. Odd how some people can just walk away from a lightning strike.
So, in other words, the rule quite possibly endangers people more than it makes safe.
How do you figure?
Seems to me that people entering or leaving a stadium and driving to and from a stadium are at far greater risk than someone sitting in a stadium with lightning within 8 miles. People leaving are more likely to be frustrated and irritable as well, which makes them more prone to poor decisions and bad driving.

I honestly don't believe the number of people killed by lightning in a football stadium before the rule would exceed the number of fingers on a normal human hand.
Ok, I get where you're going now. But allow me to give it to you from the school's point of view. It's the school's liability to protect the players and coaches, not the fans. If a fan dies leaving a game, the school isn't responsible (minus some odd case of gross negligence). But if a player on the field got stuck by lightning and died, the school would be opening their checkbook big time.

In short, when it comes to liability, schools don't care about fans or delays, etc.... they care about players being safe.
I think there would be liability for the fans even at college/NFL game. Same thing with the NASCAR fans killed, the families got a pretty big settlement from NASCAR. Even though printed on the back of the ticket stub you agree to accept the risks of attending a race etc.
I'm good for 3!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Cornpoke wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:07 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:01 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:19 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:48 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:01 pm
Cornpoke wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:03 am
Wyovanian wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:46 am Just out of curiosity, anyone know how many people died in lightning strikes before this "rule" was implemented? How about how many people have been seriously injured or killed by opposing fans? How about how many have been injured or killed while driving to or from a game?
Statically I'm sure it's pretty low. There was a lightning strike not too long ago at a NASCAR race that killed some fans. I had close encounter at a golf course once, since then I don't take any chances. Lee Trevino was struck by lightning during a tournament and was just fine. Odd how some people can just walk away from a lightning strike.
So, in other words, the rule quite possibly endangers people more than it makes safe.
How do you figure?
Seems to me that people entering or leaving a stadium and driving to and from a stadium are at far greater risk than someone sitting in a stadium with lightning within 8 miles. People leaving are more likely to be frustrated and irritable as well, which makes them more prone to poor decisions and bad driving.

I honestly don't believe the number of people killed by lightning in a football stadium before the rule would exceed the number of fingers on a normal human hand.
Ok, I get where you're going now. But allow me to give it to you from the school's point of view. It's the school's liability to protect the players and coaches, not the fans. If a fan dies leaving a game, the school isn't responsible (minus some odd case of gross negligence). But if a player on the field got stuck by lightning and died, the school would be opening their checkbook big time.

In short, when it comes to liability, schools don't care about fans or delays, etc.... they care about players being safe.
I think there would be liability for the fans even at college/NFL game. Same thing with the NASCAR fans killed, the families got a pretty big settlement from NASCAR. Even though printed on the back of the ticket stub you agree to accept the risks of attending a race etc.
Exactly my point. The reason NASCAR was sued and lost was because they continued the race despite the Lightning, instead of doing like they should have and stopping it until the Lightning was clear. Exactly why every school does what they do; if they kept playing and a player or fan was hit, big-time liability. But if they stop the game, clear the field and tell fans to seek shelter, liability becomes much harder to prove.
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:27 pm First, the field, and more specifically, camouflaging themselves into the field.
I don't follow the logic on this one... Has anyone complained about CSU wearing all green uniforms on their green turf?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:47 am BSU's unequal revenue deal bothers me
Yeah, the whole big east thing + this "solution" pretty much solidifies them and suds as conference jackasses. I guess them and byu's partner in crime, usu.

I get that they were doing "what's best for the school" but that isn't an excuse for everyone else to just accept it. That era ended caring about conference teams. Barring a few select years with NY6 implications, conference strength doesn't really matter. TV negotiations are going to be crap regardless. Nobody really wants to be in the MWC; it is just the best option for some and only option for others. It is what it is.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:36 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:31 pm For me, and i wonder how many others, conference camaraderie went out the window a long time ago.

I'm starting to feel the same way. I like Hawaii and made friends with several of Hawaii fans on Sports Hawaii but for the most part, I really don't care about them. Part of that is our loss to them this year that, for all intents and purposes, prevented us from going bowling. :tickedoff:
Lol, true. I've run into a few HI fans and they seem pretty cool. I used to always like the csu, af, and unm stretch, but probably just me but even those games lost a little.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

FarEastPoke wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:55 am
bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:27 pm First, the field, and more specifically, camouflaging themselves into the field.
I don't follow the logic on this one... Has anyone complained about CSU wearing all green uniforms on their green turf?
I maybe be wrong but I can’t recall them wearing green jerseys and green pants. Oregon does I’m pretty sure, but it’s never an exact match. BSU matches perfectly and its blue from head to toe.

Edit: there are a few circumstances where they wore green green from head to toe on the blue turf. Mostly they wore gold or white pants. Blue field is already hard on the eyes for some reason and blue jersey is as well
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:38 am
FarEastPoke wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:55 am
I maybe be wrong but I can’t recall them wearing green jerseys and green pants. Oregon does I’m pretty sure, but it’s never an exact match. BSU matches perfectly and its blue from head to toe.

Edit: there are a few circumstances where they wore green green from head to toe on the blue turf. Mostly they wore gold or white pants. Blue field is already hard on the eyes for some reason and blue jersey is as well
Having been to games in Boise where the Broncos wore the all blue on their blue field, I can tell you there's no real advantage to it.

The problem is with televised games. It's one of the first rules taught in live broadcasting- no blue clothing. This is because most graphics are projected against a blue background. A weather anchor wearing blue may appear to be a floating head and hands. TV cameras have technical issues with the color and are not good at discerning shades of blue. It is really irritating to watch Boise State in blue on their blue field on TV. Basically, a terrible production value.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:04 pm The problem is with televised games. It's one of the first rules taught in live broadcasting- no blue clothing. This is because most graphics are projected against a blue background. A weather anchor wearing blue may appear to be a floating head and hands. TV cameras have technical issues with the color and are not good at discerning shades of blue. It is really irritating to watch Boise State in blue on their blue field on TV. Basically, a terrible production value.
Blue? Every production I've ever been in used greenscreens.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:03 pm Blue? Every production I've ever been in used greenscreens.
Blue and green are both pretty common. Green is usually more accurate, since the shade is a color not often seen in clothing.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

If wearing all blue is of no disadvantage....completely disagree.....why wouldn't they simply agree to not do it?
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

BJC wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:39 pm If wearing all blue is of no disadvantage....completely disagree.....why wouldn't they simply agree to not do it?
I'm guessing its because it is their team color. If the conference asked us to not wear brown, gold, or both, would we do it?

Brown jersey's probably do give us a slight advantage as it is also the color of the football.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

The blue screen was used before the green screen.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

WyoBrandX wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:51 pm
BJC wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:39 pm If wearing all blue is of no disadvantage....completely disagree.....why wouldn't they simply agree to not do it?
I'm guessing its because it is their team color. If the conference asked us to not wear brown, gold, or both, would we do it?

Brown jersey's probably do give us a slight advantage as it is also the color of the football.
Was more referring to all blue..shoes/helmets/pants/jerseys.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

BJC wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:21 pm
WyoBrandX wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:51 pm

Was more referring to all blue..shoes/helmets/pants/jerseys.