2019 should be an interesting year

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

No announcement out of the football program. Does this mean no staff changes? Is it judgement year, good or bad, for Bohl and company or just another rebuilding year, regardless?

What about bball? Are we searching for a new coach?

Does Nichols begin to pressure the athletic department? New AD?

I'm not advocating anything just thinking out loud that 2019 might hold several key decisions with respect to WYO athletics.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unless something crazy happens, probably won't hear about staff departures until after the February signing period. Basketball will be interesting.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

I, for one, will be at the game against the Golden Hurricane September 21st in Tulsa. That for me is probably the only real exciting thing in 2019...except for maybe...jury duty in 2 weeks.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Still hoping for Vigen to take an FCS head coach job, that’d be the best.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:31 pm Still hoping for Vigen to take an FCS head coach job, that’d be the best.
That'll be for the best for EVERYONE...except for our opponents. :winky:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Things change, but on paper...2019 schedule is pretty weak. Good chance for a bounce back if progression of the program continues.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I see anywhere from 6 to 10 wins at most. I still don't think we pull it off against Mizzou, and we get beat by Boise again. All others we should be favorites and or touchdown or less underdogs.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:50 pm about staff Unless something crazy happens, probably won't hear departures until after the February signing period. Basketball will be interesting.
So there's still hope..
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:39 pm
MrTitleist wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:50 pm about staff Unless something crazy happens, probably won't hear departures until after the February signing period. Basketball will be interesting.
So there's still hope..
I honestly got a better shot of meeting a adult tv than Vigen leaving for another job! :roll:
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

The National Football coaches convention starts Sunday and runs through mid-week. If there are any coaches leaving for other jobs, that's likely when it will happen. I honestly don't think they would wait until February to let anyone go, hard to find a good replacement that late; but you never know.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

You are crazy if you think Burhman would be going anywhere. He is great at fundraising and has done a lot in terms of facilities and getting/keeping most programs competitive.