WyoNation 5 on 5: Season Review [WyoNation Blog]

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

https://wyonation.com/2019/01/wyonation ... on-review/

Thoughts, opinions, discussion.

Go Pokes
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Thanks for putting these together every week, Connor. Much appreciated!
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Hard to tell much. Got beat up by teams with a pulse and roughed up teams in the bottom 30 or so of CFB. Sorry. Decent run at the end but the competition was upper end FCS at best. I just don't think that is an indication of anything. Good or bad.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:42 pm Hard to tell much. Got beat up by teams with a pulse and roughed up teams in the bottom 30 or so of CFB. Sorry. Decent run at the end but the competition was upper end FCS at best. I just don't think that is an indication of anything. Good or bad.
This is how I feel. Kept the minnows of the conference at arm's length...but the brass of the schedule kept the Pokes at arm's length as well. Not a bad team, but not a great one either. Schedule appears to be kinder next season, but obviously there are some huge losses in terms of key contributors. 6-8 wins likely the hot zone in terms of expectations.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I feel we would have won 8 games if chambers was played. I think 8 is doable next year. Lots to be optimistic about
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

I thought the review was great. As for those of you who were down on this season or that it was hard to tell how good we were, don't think you are looking big enough picture. We took a top 15 Wazzu team to the 4th quarter and lost our RB in the 4th quarter when the put it away.

Also look at the Josh Allen effect. Top 10 overall pick. Comparing us to other teams that lost first round qbs shows that 6-6 was actually a very successful season.
Oklahoma-Followed one Heisman winner with another and made the playoffs. Very rare to do that.
USC-Went 5-7 and almost fired their coach.
UCLA-Started 0-5 and finished 3-9.
Louisville-2-10 and fired their coach.

While people were hard on Bohl and Vigen, the success we had after losing an unrepeatable talent was fairly good. I am excited for next year. Schedule falls well and pieces should be in place to build on the season.