Cryder named Freshman All-American

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought I'd throw it up.

Last week, Keegan Cryder was named to the Football Writer's Association of America Freshman All-American team. 1 of only 6 OL on the list. Nice recognition for both him and UW.

UW Release: Cryder Frosh All-American

FWAA Release and Full Team
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Nice. Congrats
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Third one in Bohl's tenure with Wingard and Wilson
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Is three freshmen AAs that great of an accomplishment program wise? I can think of 4 off the top of my head under Christensen and that didn’t exactly work out. Cool individual accomplishment though( Smith, Carta Samuel, Blair Burns and Shamiel Gary).
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

marcuswyo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:14 pm Is three freshmen AAs that great of an accomplishment program wise? I can think of 4 off the top of my head under Christensen and that didn’t exactly work out. Cool individual accomplishment though( Smith, Carta Samuel, Blair Burns and Shamiel Gary).
Only one of those might have been elite talent wise (burns)

Wilson is elite talent. Wingard is one of the best football players here ever. I can't vouch for sure on KC talent level but maybe it's more AW/LW level
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I would actually say Burns was the one without elite talent. Brett Smith is arguably the best QB ever at UW. Gary started at Oklahoma State after transferring, and Carta-Samuels was a starting QB in the SEC. Did Josh Doctson end up a freshmen AA? He would certainly be talented. Kudos to Bohl for keeping kids from transferring.