Different Ways of Dealing with Players in Legal Trouble

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

So this just came out and is getting a fair amount of attention now:
https://www.1011now.com/content/news/Un ... 01811.html

Just last week, Bohl and UW got kudos for being up front about things rather than trying to hide it. Nebraska chose a different path and is already today's redheaded stepchild. Best part is that now they've been caught lying about it. Will be interesting to see what NCAA thinks of this.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:44 pm Just last week, Bohl and UW got kudos for being up front about things rather than trying to hide it.
Huh? For possibly violating state statute by revealing the identity of a party accused of the deed assault before the case goes to district court.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:02 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:44 pm Just last week, Bohl and UW got kudos for being up front about things rather than trying to hide it.
Huh? For possibly violating state statute by revealing the identity of a party accused of the deed assault before the case goes to district court.
They may have screwed up partially, but they didn't attempt to Michigan State it, at least.
wyohistoryguy
Buckaroo

Not sure Nebraska should or could have done anything differently. I read today that Coach Frost was notified in mid-September, that a representative from a California police department wanted to talk with his player. Frost exhausted every option as did the Nebraska AD but the two were blocked by client-lawyer privilege each time. Their next notification came in mid_February. Higher-ups at the University were informed at the time. People like to beat up on Nebraska, but in this case, I think they did it right and all they could. Now, wait to see the legal action.
It's been a while, but when my sons played for the Cowboys, not everything was public, wasn't much social media back in those old days of Tiller - Dimel
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

In a way, I find it laughable that the court of public opinion is judge and jury for sports athletes before they’ve ever had a day in court. I’m of the mindset that their employer should treat them the same way the rest of us would be treated by the system, but then again, there’s no virtue signaling bunch of pussy reporters and keyboard warriors calling for a nobody’s head like mine if I f-word up.
W-Y, Until I Die!