Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBuckeye
Buckaroo

Lots of d-bags in Powell who'll travel all the way to Laramie to watch our hapless Pokes on the grid iron cheering "Go Pokes".

Any other douche bag fan basers from other Wyoming Towns? Green River or Newcastle, perhaps?
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Did your dog die, or did you have money on Maximum Security winning the Kentucky derby? Something pissed you off. Get left by your wife for the third time? Man you need to find a hobby.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:45 pm Did your dog die, or did you have money on Maximum Security winning the Kentucky derby? Something pissed you off. Get left by your wife for the third time? Man you need to find a hobby.
Not going to waste time looking it up but Dino probably got fired from his radio gig again.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

WyoBuckeye wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:02 pm Lots of d-bags in Powell who'll travel all the way to Laramie to watch our hapless Pokes on the grid iron cheering "Go Pokes".

Any other douche bag fan basers from other Wyoming Towns? Green River or Newcastle, perhaps?
I live in the Black Hills. That's close to Newcastle. Does that count?
powellpoke
Buckaroo

Born, raised, wife and I are UW grads, and live in Powell. You probably wouldn’t believe that the amount of diehard Pokes fans that are up here, but there are tons. Lots of kids from kindergarten to hs seniors wear Pokes gear loud and proud. We get to at least one game per year and sometimes two depending on kid activities and how generous the elk God’s are that particular year (19 consecutive years successful) 6.5 hours to Laramie one way - depending on pit stops. It does get old reading about people bitching about how only true Pokes fans go to games, but you fine sir can eat a dick. Damn near every game we are part of a UW game watch party of which you will never be welcome. I am offended that you would brand Powell as a douchebag fanbase. I’d be more than happy to discuss the issue in person. :thumb:
Go Pokes!!! :thumb:
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

powellpoke wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:15 pm Born, raised, wife and I are UW grads, and live in Powell. You probably wouldn’t believe that the amount of diehard Pokes fans that are up here, but there are tons. Lots of kids from kindergarten to hs seniors wear Pokes gear loud and proud. We get to at least one game per year and sometimes two depending on kid activities and how generous the elk God’s are that particular year (19 consecutive years successful) 6.5 hours to Laramie one way - depending on pit stops. It does get old reading about people bitching about how only true Pokes fans go to games, but you fine sir can eat a dick. Damn near every game we are part of a UW game watch party of which you will never be welcome. I am offended that you would brand Powell as a douchebag fanbase. I’d be more than happy to discuss the issue in person. :thumb:
It's just Costa stirring up poop since all he has to do is spew his crap during the middle of the night in some backwards AM radio station in St. Louis with a half dozen truck drivers for an audience. Don't let him get under your skin. The best thing to do for Dino Costa is simply ignore his ass. He's been trolling here under all kinds of aliases since he was banned a while back. Like the turd that he is, he keeps surfacing occasionally, but at some point will sink back into the sewer from which he came.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

It is an interesting topic, however. The two worst towns for Pokes fans, or the towns that support the Pokes the least are probably Jackson and Gillette. Lots of transplants in both places and both demographics are douchy for different reasons. Gillette is getting better as an ever increasing percent of its population is Wyoming-born and support the Pokes, but Jackson is trending in the opposite direction. I would be fine 100% if we gave Jackson and its politics and politicians to Montana or Idaho
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Let me guess rejected for a job in Powell, or maybe a woman? I feel legit sorry for this person, seriously wake up, you are meant for more than this.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Expat_Poke wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm Let me guess rejected for a job in Powell, or maybe a woman? I feel legit sorry for this person, seriously wake up, you are meant for more than this.
I'm assuming that Powell has a radio station. Probably a hard no when Dino expressed his interest :lol:
powellpoke
Buckaroo

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:48 pm
Expat_Poke wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm Let me guess rejected for a job in Powell, or maybe a woman? I feel legit sorry for this person, seriously wake up, you are meant for more than this.
I'm assuming that Powell has a radio station. Probably a hard no when Dino expressed his interest :lol:
KPOW 1260. Scott Mangold’s station. Best radio guy in the state. He’d be an excellent replacement for Dave once he hangs his spurs up.
Go Pokes!!! :thumb:
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Jackson is trending in the opposite direction. I would be fine 100% if we gave Jackson and its politics and politicians to Montana or Idaho
There's lots of good fans in Jackson. Yes, they are educated, more affluent and some probably don't share your political views. Would you also give Idaho the mountains
and natural beauty that surrounds Jackson?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

castlerocker wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:35 am
Jackson is trending in the opposite direction. I would be fine 100% if we gave Jackson and its politics and politicians to Montana or Idaho
There's lots of good fans in Jackson. Yes, they are educated, more affluent and some probably don't share your political views. Would you also give Idaho the mountains
and natural beauty that surrounds Jackson?
If you go by CJC numbers then no there aren't a lot of Pokes fans in jackson. It's the lowest per capita. There might be some good ones, but for the most part no. It's too bad all naturally beautiful places seem to get spoiled
castlerocker
Cowpoke

If you go by CJC numbers then no there aren't a lot of Pokes fans in jackson. It's the lowest per capita. There might be some good ones, but for the most part no. It's too bad all naturally beautiful places seem to get spoiled
You say 'all beautiful places seem to get spoiled' but the fact is that the natural beauty of the place has been preserved and not spoiled, unless you are saying that the place is spoiled because not everyone thinks as do you.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

castlerocker wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:03 pm
You say 'all beautiful places seem to get spoiled' but the fact is that the natural beauty of the place has been preserved and not spoiled, unless you are saying that the place is spoiled because not everyone thinks as do you.
Spoiled by over-development and congestion. Unless you like enjoying the outdoors shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of other people
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WyoBuckeye, the #1 Poke Douchbag (SIC) fan?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:13 am It is an interesting topic, however. The two worst towns for Pokes fans, or the towns that support the Pokes the least are probably Jackson and Gillette. Lots of transplants in both places and both demographics are douchy for different reasons. Gillette is getting better as an ever increasing percent of its population is Wyoming-born and support the Pokes, but Jackson is trending in the opposite direction. I would be fine 100% if we gave Jackson and its politics and politicians to Montana or Idaho
I was in Jackson Hole in 2013 and can say there are too many art galleries there to be considered Wyoming residents. LOL!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:30 pm I was in Jackson Hole in 2013 and can say there are too many art galleries there to be considered Wyoming residents. LOL!
They are from the West coast. They are Californicating Jackson Hole. Twentytwo counties out of 23 vote one party. Teton county votes the other way. Sad, as someone we know would say.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Albany County voted democrat in 2018 for Senator (Trauner over Barasso), House (Hunter over Cheney) and Governor (Throne over Gordon). I guess we should kick the university and it's entire country out of the state since you can't be from Wyoming unless you vote Republican according to some. Reminds me of the South Park rednecks, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU CAN GEEEET OUT!!!!!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson