Fire Vigen

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Seriously. Last week was a fluke. When is Bohl going to wake up and get a real offense? 5 (6?) years of this crap is wearing on my soul.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Only way we get rid of Vigen is to get rid of Bohl.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:55 pm Only way we get rid of Vigen is to get rid of Bohl.
They've been working with each other for a long time, but I seriously believe there are only so many chances Bohl is willing to give even somebody close to him.

The time has come.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:16 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:55 pm Only way we get rid of Vigen is to get rid of Bohl.
They've been working with each other for a long time, but I seriously believe there are only so many chances Bohl is willing to give even somebody close to him.

The time has come.
I know but still....
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Fumble recovery Pokes!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

You could not call a more predictable game if you tried. Talk about not putting your players in a position to succeed.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:39 pm You could not call a more predictable game if you tried. Talk about not putting your players in a position to succeed.
Right because Vigen dropped the deep throw into the end zone.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:40 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:39 pm You could not call a more predictable game if you tried. Talk about not putting your players in a position to succeed.
No he didn't. But on the 2nd drive in the game down by 7 with no momentum he called 3 run plays by the running back up the middle and then a punt to give the ball immediately back to Texas st. The exact same as we did last week.... Predictable

Why do we do that because obviously our game plan in first quarters are no passes, no qb keeps, no outside runs, because in 2 games so far this season the first quarters have been full of runs up the middle by the running backs. Pretty predictable and I detect a pattern, I wonder if opposing defensive coordinators can see the pattern?
Last edited by WyomingAg on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

That was a difficult catch, but he should have made it. However, the coverage was spot on, the DB was riiiiight with Ismail.. almost like he know what was coming
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Eerily similar to Glenn Cockhill, year 6, (not saying Bohl will get the axe, but similar
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:44 pm
That was a difficult catch, but he should have made it. However, the coverage was spot on, the DB was riiiiight with Ismail.. almost like he know what was coming
Defender was there, but that ball literally dropped into Ismail's hands. I'm thinking extra toss and catch reps this week for things like that.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Again it’s not just Vigen. It’s Bohl’s game plan. The announcers said on the broadcast that Bohl told them before the game that he thought Wyoming’s O-line could enforce its will on Texas St. defense. Which means run run run. Bohl and Vigen are attached at the hip as far as the offensive game plan goes.

Also another reason there isn’t as many pass plays is because Chambers is having a hard time being accurate. He throws fast balls sometimes like Allen did.

Glad we pulled off the win though. That’s all that matters. Think we were flat in the first half and the Texas heat was getting to us until it cooled down a bit.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Our strategy on offense isn't going to beat decent teams without our defense getting turnovers and defensive points. Our scheme is not fooling anyone. I am happy to be 2-0 but we could easily be 0-2.....every pass play is thrown to a covered WR. We aren't getting open in space but other teams do it with ease.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I thought he had a good gameplan the first game with a 1 dimensional offense. Love Chambers but so far doesn't have touch or accuracy to really threaten. 1 dimensional offense is hard to coordinate.

Honestly, at this point, I do think we need at least a QB coach. I'm not trying to be hard on Vigen, but I don't think the QBs develop under his tuelidge.

With that said, he didn't do that bad as OC with the limitations he was dealing with.

Good win, nonetheless.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:48 pm I thought he had a good gameplan the first game with a 1 dimensional offense. Love Chambers but so far doesn't have touch or accuracy to really threaten. 1 dimensional offense is hard to coordinate.

Honestly, at this point, I do think we need at least a QB coach. I'm not trying to be hard on Vigen, but I don't think the QBs develop under his tuelidge

With that said, he didn't do that bad as OC with the limitations he was dealing with.

Good win, nonetheless.
To play the devil's advocate here, Carson Wentz and Josh Allen would disagree with you.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:46 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:48 pm I thought he had a good gameplan the first game with a 1 dimensional offense. Love Chambers but so far doesn't have touch or accuracy to really threaten. 1 dimensional offense is hard to coordinate.

Honestly, at this point, I do think we need at least a QB coach. I'm not trying to be hard on Vigen, but I don't think the QBs develop under his tuelidge

Good win, nonetheless.
To play the devil's advocate here, Carson Wentz and Josh Allen would disagree with you.
Their QB coaches, and NFL coaches, would disagree with you.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Good win, nonetheless.
The narrative, at least with Josh, has been that he'll take time because of lack of coaching, talent, competition, etc. Josh is hardly a ringing endorsement of Vigen's coaching... quite the opposite really. For Wentz, I'll have to defer. I never really paid attention to his development or who was involved.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:27 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:44 pm
Defender was there, but that ball literally dropped into Ismail's hands. I'm thinking extra toss and catch reps this week for things like that.
There is a reason Ismail is at Wyoming. Stone hands. Yes, he can run, but he can't catch for poop.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:00 pm

Good win, nonetheless.
Vigen was the QB coach for both of them, unless you are referring to their NFL QB coach, but it doesn't seem like that is what you meant.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:33 am
fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:00 pm

Good win, nonetheless.
Vigen was the QB coach for both of them, unless you are referring to their NFL QB coach, but it doesn't seem like that is what you meant.
Are people really contending that Josh did not progress individually in college?? The team was not great his last year here but he was an individual force...unlike his earlier years.