Bowl Projections

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I wanted to keep a running of how the media rates us as the season progresses.

Week 1

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Albertsons Stadium, Boise, Idaho
Jan. 3, 3:30 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Toledo vs. Utah State
Schlabach: Toledo vs. Wyoming

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, Texas
Jan. 4, 11:30 a.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Northwestern vs. Wyoming
Schlabach: Northwestern vs. Fresno State

Week 2

New Mexico Bowl
Dreamstyle Stadium, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Dec. 21, 2 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Marshall vs. Wyoming
Schlabach: Marshall vs. San Diego State

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Bonagura: Western Michigan vs. San Diego State

Week 3

Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, Tennessee
Dec. 31, 3:45 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: TCU vs. Wyoming
Schlabach: Baylor vs. Ole Miss

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Bonagura: Toledo vs. San Diego State
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

To be honest I don't even want to think about a bowl yet. Yeah we've got 3 wins, but there is still plenty of time for the season to go wrong. Remember, we were 6-6 last year and did not receive an invite. AND we needed to win the last four games to get to 6 wins... so let's take it week by week and see what happens. :-)

Go Pokes!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

It's fun to follow. But Liberty Bowl is just silly. I'm pretty sure the SEC will fill the slot.
aranderson
Cowpoke

**Bump**

Projections are all over the map for us.

ESPN:
Schlabach has us in the Potato vs Central Michigan (again 🙄)
Bonagura has us in the Armed Forces vs Maryland

CFN.com
Fiutak has us in the Arizona vs Georgia State

CBSSports.com
Jerry Palm has us in the Arizona vs Georgia Southern

SportingNews.com
Has us in the Vegas vs USC

247Sports.com

Fun thinking of all the possibilities, and if the Cowboys play to their potential what they can achieve. Some are high on them and others not so much. This week will tell us whether we will be a 6-6 or 7-5 team vs a 8-4 to 10-2 type team.
Last edited by aranderson on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

aranderson wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:50 am **Bump**

Projections are all over the map for us.

ESPN:
Schlabach has us in the Potato vs Central Michigan (again 🙄)
Bonagura has us in the Armed Forces vs Maryland

CFN.com
Fiutak has us in the Arizona vs Georgia State

CBSSports.com
Jerry Palm has us in the Arizona vs Georgia Southern

SportingNews.com
Has us in the Last Vegas vs USC

247Sports.com

Fun thinking of all the possibilities, and if the Cowboys play to their potential what they can achieve. Some are high on them and others not so much. This week will tell us whether we will be a 6-6 or 7-5 team vs a 8-4 to10-2 type team.
Thanks for the update. Arizona Bowl is moving to New Year's Eve this year in Tucson. So personally, this would be great.

That said...come on Pokes let's make the Vegas Bowl!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I always like to see how varied these are throughout the year. Vegas against USC would be a lot of fun. We could go beat another LA school in Vegas! I guess this is under the assumption that Boise wins out and goes to a NY6 game?
aranderson
Cowpoke

GoPokes86 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:36 pm I always like to see how varied these are throughout the year. Vegas against USC would be a lot of fun. We could go beat another LA school in Vegas! I guess this is under the assumption that Boise wins out and goes to a NY6 game?
Yes Boise would have togoto a NY6 bowl for the Vegas scenario to happen, plus we would probably only be afforded 1-2 more losses on the season to get that bid.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

aranderson wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:40 am
GoPokes86 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:36 pm I always like to see how varied these are throughout the year. Vegas against USC would be a lot of fun. We could go beat another LA school in Vegas! I guess this is under the assumption that Boise wins out and goes to a NY6 game?
Yes Boise would have togoto a NY6 bowl for the Vegas scenario to happen, plus we would probably only be afforded 1-2 more losses on the season to get that bid.
Not true. Boise State is not crowned MWC champions just because they are Boise State and, as a Wyoming fan, I am not chalking up a loss in Boise just because they are Boise State. We play to win the game. And you know what, Boise has a freshman QB and this Wyoming team has a lot of heart. Anything can happen.
However potentially unlikely, I am not counting out Wyoming to win a conference championship.
aranderson
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:06 pm
aranderson wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:40 am
Not true. Boise State is not crowned MWC champions just because they are Boise State and, as a Wyoming fan, I am not chalking up a loss in Boise just because they are Boise State. We play to win the game. And you know what, Boise has a freshman QB and this Wyoming team has a lot of heart. Anything can happen.
However potentially unlikely, I am not counting out Wyoming to win a conference championship.
Apologies, I wasn't intending to make it sound that way, it was just the short sighted view on my part with winning the championship being the unlikeliest scenario.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Gotta get 7, regardless