TVW and Chambers running ability

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

On the press conference, and I've heard him allude to it before, Bohl spoke
about Chambers' being the better runner because he was bigger. He said Chambers' is 6' 4" and 220 lbs.

Chambers is listed as 6' 3" and 218 lbs on the roster and TVW listed 6'4" and 214.

Just found it interesting that he keeps making such a small difference
sound so significant.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Chambers is a hell of a lot faster. TVW is not a bad runner, though.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

I’ve seen nothing that shows me that TVW is anything other than a below average runner. Literally every qb we’ve faced is a better runner. There was several instances he should have kept the ball on a read option and handed it off.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 228 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:42 pm I’ve seen nothing that shows me that TVW is anything other than a below average runner. Literally every qb we’ve faced is a better runner. There was several instances he should have kept the ball on a read option and handed it off.
I agree. He runs like a statue. That said he can get a couple of yards when he needs to but he will never break big runs like Chambers.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I think it is interesting that the pro style offense in Vigen's system is evolving to be predicated upon a running QB. Maybe just my faulty memory. It'd be interesting to see the number of designed QB runs has gone up over the years? Could just be because we don't have a great passer on the roster.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 228 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:57 am I think it is interesting that the pro style offense in Vigen's system is evolving to be predicated upon a running QB. Maybe just my faulty memory. It'd be interesting to see the number of designed QB runs has gone up over the years? Could just be because we don't have a great passer on the roster.
The QB run has always been a major part of the Bohl/Vigen offense. Look at what Brock Jensen did at NDSU (and Wentz). Bohl came from the Osborne offense at Nebraska. The quarterbacks while Bohl was at NE were Tommie Frazier and Scott Frost (huge QB run components). The only time that the QB run was not a part of the offense was when Bohl/Vigen inherited Kirkegaard from the prior regime.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:40 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:57 am I think it is interesting that the pro style offense in Vigen's system is evolving to be predicated upon a running QB. Maybe just my faulty memory. It'd be interesting to see the number of designed QB runs has gone up over the years? Could just be because we don't have a great passer on the roster.
The QB run has always been a major part of the Bohl/Vigen offense. Look at what Brock Jensen did at NDSU (and Wentz). Bohl came from the Osborne offense at Nebraska. The quarterbacks while Bohl was at NE were Tommie Frazier and Scott Frost (huge QB run components). The only time that the QB run was not a part of the offense was when Bohl/Vigen inherited Kirkegaard from the prior regime.
Predicated meaning the success of the O relies on the success of the QB run. Josh I'll bet averaged 3 or 4 carries fewer than Chambers but Chambers' running contributions are more vital to the offense. TVW averages fewer carries than both I would imagine. It will be interesting to see how the O performs without significant QB rushing yards over the next few games.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

Below average runner if not bad. First drive was a prime example.
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah. TVW is a QB that can run, but really shouldn't be used like a dual threat QB.