Vigen has to go

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:52 pm How anyone can continue to defend this offensive scheme is beyond me. It’s a coaches job to make adjustment to allow his players to succeed. Vigen refuses to do anything to put his players in high leverage situations.
At least today I didn't see any BYU fans stating "I'm glad they have the most predictable OC in college football, or they could be good."

Unlike when we played Boise. :tickedoff:
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:52 pm How anyone can continue to defend this offensive scheme is beyond me. It’s a coaches job to make adjustment to allow his players to succeed. Vigen refuses to do anything to put his players in high leverage situations.
X100, and I agree I don't see it ever happening on the offensive side
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

“Joe Tiller just isn’t getting it done”

-everyone in this thread 1996
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:11 pm “Joe Tiller just isn’t getting it done”

Are you just a troll or do you truly think this offense is acceptable?
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Are you just a troll or do you truly think you’re his offense is acceptable?
Total offense was ranked 106 of 130 teams before this game and likely to go down with such low output this game. 5 of 6 years we have been in bottom 25 teams on offense at the end of the season. Also 6 of 6 years where we have lost 5 or more games in the season.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:16 pm
Total offense was ranked 106 of 130 teams before this game and likely to go down with such low output this game. 5 of 6 years we have been in bottom 25 teams on offense at the end of the season. Also 6 of 6 years where we have lost 5 or more games in the season.
Should probably be mentioned that our SOS is like 93rd as well, so we don't exactly have an excuse to not put up points.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

I'd love to see some change on offense.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

WyoBrandX wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:32 pm
jessejames02 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:34 am
WyoBrandX wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:14 am
Add in the injuries, add in a bunch of stuff, and the fact that we aren't losing by much, have our 4th winning season in a row...
You know something I don’t?
Probably. You probably know something I don't as well. Can you be more specific?
I didn't know last year counted as a winning season.
52-56
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The point ( I think) LAX is making is that Bohl and Vigen are the same deal. No one wants Bohl gone so Vigen stays. If he’s not it is completely different from Tiller. If Bohl had an offer for a so called BCS team with a 2.5 million or more salary he is gone tomorrow. He is no different than any of us. He’s done a B+ job at Wyoming ( Would be an A but he’s got to win a championship or else he’s not much better than the last two coaches, for f-word sake Christensen won 8 with a tougher league).
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Just got back from the springs. That offense is just terrible. Running the same effin play over and over. AF sold out to the run up the middle and we did nothing to change it up. Vigen needs to go, and if bohl is tied at the hip to vigen then bohl needs to go too. This team is nothing but mediocre at best. And the fans that continue to support vigen out of fear of having 2 win seasons again are holding us back too. We will never be great if everyone is content with good enough.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:41 pm The point ( I think) LAX is making is that Bohl and Vigen are the same deal. No one wants Bohl gone so Vigen stays. If he’s not it is completely different from Tiller. If Bohl had an offer for a so called BCS team with a 2.5 million or more salary he is gone tomorrow. He is no different than any of us. He’s done a B+ job at Wyoming ( Would be an A but he’s got to win a championship or else he’s not much better than the last two coaches, for [*]f*** sake Christensen won 8 with a tougher league).
You must grade on a curve. Bohl is 35 - 40 at Wyoming, not even average. Until his teams prove it on the field, he's a C at best.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Same crap. Different day
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

No one wants Bohl gone. We want him to make a personnel change, like he has done a few times with great success.
Wicks
Blog Team
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:48 pm

No one wants Bohl gone. We want him to make a personnel change, like he has done a few times with great success.
Spot on.

Bohl fired Standard and now we have one of the best defensive units in the MW.

Bohl fired the OL coach and they made great strides this year.

Bohl can fire Vigen and give us an offense that doesn't rank in the bottom quarter of the NCAA.

If Bohl doesn't make offensive changes Wyoming will be a 6-7 win team who might challenge for a division title once every 5 years. Seems like that's good enough for most people on here which is pretty sad.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

There’s literally people saying bohl should go if he won’t get rid of Vigen.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Except the posters that have said if Bohl doesn’t make a change he can kick rocks??

But this where you’re wrong. Telling Bohl you must get rid of Vigen is the same thing as telling Bohl we aren’t going to let you coach the team as you see fit which would almost undoubtedly run him off. Bohl doesn’t need this job plain and simple. Hell if I were in his shoes, at his age and set for life but constantly being bombarded with the negativity, I’d say fine Wyoming have it your way to hire someone else for the job and best of luck to them.

But overall what it should come down to is if Bohl thinks a change is necessary only he should have that say. If he thinks no personnel change is necessary, then he absolutely should have that right too (outside of coaches committing crimes and other questionable personal behavior). And if Bohl’s way leads to the failure of the program, then it is on him. But my money would be on Bohl bringing this program to a place it hasn’t been in a very long time. So all this Bohl must fire Vigen is nonsense.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Legitimate question for the Vigen butt kissers...

Do you want Conference championships, national rankings, beat actually good teams like Boise State especially on that goddamned blue field :tickedoff: OR do you want crappy average teams who'll never play for conference championships etc...when we don't have NFL caliber talent like what we've been getting with Vigen for 6 f-word years????!!!!!!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Championships or chicken poop?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Except the posters that have said if Bohl doesn’t make a change he can kick rocks??

But this where you’re wrong. Telling Bohl you must get rid of Vigen is the same thing as telling Bohl we aren’t going to let you coach the team as you see fit which would almost undoubtedly run him off. Bohl doesn’t need this job plain and simple. Hell if I were in his shoes, at his age and set for life but constantly being bombarded with the negativity, I’d say fine Wyoming have it your way to hire someone else for the job and best of luck to them.

But overall what it should come down to is if Bohl thinks a change is necessary only he should have that say. If he thinks no personnel change is necessary, then he absolutely should have that right too (outside of coaches committing crimes and other questionable personal behavior). And if Bohl’s way leads to the failure of the program, then it is on him. But my money would be on Bohl bringing this program to a place it hasn’t been in a very long time. So all this Bohl must fire Vigen is nonsense.
I see we’re back to this BS micromanagement argument. It’s nonsense. Bohl is an employee. He has to answer to someone. Burman ABSOLUTELY should tell him that things need to change on the O side of the ball. If that hurts Bohls feelings he probably should retire. Being a head coach means he has to answer when his team fails. There is no complaint when things go good and he’s getting fat bonuses and extensions and praise. Well the blade cuts both ways, when your teams offense is consistently in the bottom 1/4 of college football, you don’t get to hide from the well earned criticism.

And if he refuses to make a change with Vigen, there should be serious questions about his future here. He constantly preaches team over the individual. No names on the back of the jersey because the name on the front is most important. Unless it’s dealing with his pal Vigen... the hypocrisy is palpable...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:28 pm

I see we’re back to this BS micromanagement argument. It’s nonsense. Bohl is an employee. He has to answer to someone. Burman ABSOLUTELY should tell him that things need to change on the O side of the ball. If that hurts Bohls feelings he probably should retire. Being a head coach means he has to answer when his team fails. There is no complaint when things go good and he’s getting fat bonuses and extensions and praise. Well the blade cuts both ways, when your teams offense is consistently in the bottom 1/4 of college football, you don’t get to hide from the well earned criticism.

And if he refuses to make a change with Vigen, there should be serious questions about his future here. He constantly preaches team over the individual. No names on the back of the jersey because the name on the front is most important. Unless it’s dealing with his pal Vigen... the hypocrisy is palpable...
There should be three stats and really only three stats to measure Bohl in terms of him keeping his job: (1) Football success in terms of wins and losses plain and simple; (2) Academic standing and retention of student athletes in the program; and (3) ethics of the program (i.e. not allowing strippers for recruiting visits, not covering for assistants the deed assaulting juveniles, etc...). Outside of these things and if Bohl should fail in these he absolutely should be held accountable.

But the boss that tells an employee how he is to do his job (the one he was hired to perform) is the crappy boss and the employee is unlikely to put up with that.

So cool if you are happy with Bohl not agreeing to be micro-managed and leaving...well just accept that it is more likely to mean the next Vic Koenning so folks will be handing out Wildcatter tickets for free in the 2/3 empty stadium. Score I guess for the folks that like that sort of thing.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:15 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:28 pm

There should be three stats and really only three stats to measure Bohl in terms of him keeping his job: (1) Football success in terms of wins and losses plain and simple; (2) Academic standing and retention of student athletes in the program; and (3) ethics of the program (i.e. not allowing strippers for recruiting visits, not covering for assistants the deed assaulting juveniles, etc...). Outside of these things and if Bohl should fail in these he absolutely should be held accountable.

But the boss that tells an employee how he is to do his job (the one he was hired to perform) is the crappy boss and the employee is unlikely to put up with that.

So cool if you are happy with Bohl not agreeing to be micro-managed and leaving...well just accept that it is more likely to mean the next Vic Koenning so folks will be handing out Wildcatter tickets for free in the 2/3 empty stadium. Score I guess for the folks that like that sort of thing.
Haha what a joke. Telling an employee their results aren’t up to standard or the expectations of the organization is not, I REPEAT, not micromanaging. It’s perfectly within his purview to tell Bohl Vigens performance is unacceptable and allow Bohl to make changes to correct it.