Levi Williams and TVW - Starter Yet to Be Determined

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Bohl says that Levi Williams and TVW have split first team reps and that Williams has received his first 2 minute drill reps. Bohl calls the starter for the bowl game a game time decision.

I suspect we see Williams start the game if I read between the lines.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I think we need to see Williams for an entire half without getting subbed out. We need to see what he can do
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I could see Levi starting as it would be easier to swap if he struggled. But then again, I definitely see bohl going with TVW. Could be crushing to TVW if he starts and gets pulled, but Levi needs a serious look in the bowl game imo
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

It'll be a revolving door I'm sure
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

In the least surprising news of the day, Williams named starter for the Bowl game.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Looking forward to see his throwing ability.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I hope Vigen lets him rotate the spheroid a good amount.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I’m glad they named Levi the starter. He is the best passer we have had since Josh from the little I have seen of him. Think he gives us a lot better chance getting the ball dowmfield.

Also now that he has played some decent minutes in the last game and has lots of time for bowl prep I am looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Wyoming’s defense should be able to control Georgia St. it will just be whether we can put some points up with our offense just like every other game. I have some hopefulness with Levi.

Go Pokes!

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:14 pm Bohl says that Levi Williams and TVW have split first team reps and that Williams has received his first 2 minute drill reps. Bohl calls the starter for the bowl game a game time decision.

Its super encouraging to hear that he just now got reps in the two minute drill :eek:
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:49 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:14 pm Bohl says that Levi Williams and TVW have split first team reps and that Williams has received his first 2 minute drill reps. Bohl calls the starter for the bowl game a game time decision.

Its super encouraging to hear that he just now got reps in the two minute drill :eek:
I doubt that was due to just not practicing anything...I think there are NCAA rules that limit practice time so you have to pick the things to focus on. Heck...even NFL teams have to prioritize what they spend there time on. Maybe by forgoing focus on two-minute situational football the coaching staff has brought him to a higher level of comfort with the offensive system in general?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:36 am
bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:49 pm

I doubt that was due to just not practicing anything...I think there are NCAA rules that limit practice time so you have to pick the things to focus on. Heck...even NFL teams have to prioritize what they spend there time on. Maybe by forgoing focus on two-minute situational football the coaching staff has brought him to a higher level of comfort with the offensive system in general?
I also don't find it surprising. It is not common to have your 3rd string true freshman QB out there running a 2 minute drill with the first team offense. As 307bball states, that would be a waste of valuable practice time in preparation for the weekly opponent. Despite Bohl's Dec. 16 press conference, I am guessing that Williams was running some sort of modified two minute drill or hurry up offense with the scout team throughout the season to prepare the defense.