ICE: Foreign Students Must Leave The U.S. If Their Colleges Go Online-Only This Fall

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... ly-this-fa
This could have some interesting consequences for teams in our conference. If players from American Samoa don't get a special permit (since they're not U.S. citizens), Hawai'i's screwed.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Citizens of American Samoa are US Nationals (as opposed to citizens), but best I can tell they don't need a Visa to come to the US.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:53 pm Citizens of American Samoa are US Nationals (as opposed to citizens), but best I can tell they don't need a Visa to come to the US.
Yeah, it's a bit of an odd situation, and there's actually ongoing court cases surrounding their status, one being Fitisemanu v. United States of America.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Definitely odd...in the 'Today I Learned' category, I learned that while citizens of Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands are all US Citizens, citizens of American Samoa are only US Nationals, not citizens.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

So if there was any doubt that universities would have in-person classes, that just ended it.

Universities rely on foreign students for lots of their tuition.