Saturday Morning Conditioning

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

I was lucky to see the team working out Saturday morning in the WAR, as well as the old tailgate-grassed area south of the stadium. I can say one thing, if we do end up with a season, we are going to contend. We are HUGE...and look very much in shape. Keeping my fingers crossed the season happens, as we are going to beat some ass this year.

:thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 am I was lucky to see the team working out Saturday morning in the WAR, as well as the old tailgate-grassed area south of the stadium. I can say one thing, if we do end up with a season, we are going to contend. We are HUGE...and look very much in shape. Keeping my fingers crossed the season happens, as we are going to beat some A$$ this year.

:thumb:
We're lucky in that Laramie's fairly isolated, I think. I could totally see half the Sheep getting sick and missing out on significant practice time - and same with Boise, considering Idaho's getting infected like crazy now.

In related news, 14 players and coaches on Marlins just tested positive, so their game was canceled, and I'm guessing they'll have to test and potentially cancel more games.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

The training facility is paying dividends. We are going to be nasty along both the offensive and defensive lines. Utah Utes got lucky
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:57 am Utah Utes got lucky
I'm still skeptical about our offense, but we have a stable of good runningbacks that can get yards even with 9 men in the box, so maybe we would've been able to punish even the Utes. We'll never know, sadly. :(

However, I hope we just smash our way through our division. That's the best way to show that we're here to compete consistently now.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Can't wait for this season to get started. Most of the other top MWC teams come to Laramie this year, so the table will be set for a big run at the conference title. If Vigen lets the horses loose (Chambers/Williams) with a good mix of play-calling and Sawvel has the defense playing mean, smart and aggressive, then this team will be fun to watch.

And, yes, Utard ducked a potential ambush.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I have mixed feelings about this season. I have dread about the unknown. I think we have the potential to have a great team, and have this all come crashing down in the middle of the season because of this damn virus.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

So disappointing to lose the Utah game this year; I was really looking forward to that game as a measuring stick. I'm hoping we get to play and looking forward to seeing the front lines on both sides. When those 2 units are solid, it makes it fun to watch.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Not trying to turn this thread into a political one, but a lot of people (including me) are sick of the fear adult tv and propaganda concerning this Covid nonsense. I hate seeing sports fans down about this issue. Here are a couple of video clips from a press conference held today with American physicians. Listen to what the Houston doctor says in the first clip. President Trump pushed HCQ on social media months ago, but the topic was demonized by the criminal fake news media, among others. HCQ/zinc has been safely used for 45-50+ years in the American military.

There is also a Japanese drug called XOFLUZA that may have the potential to knock this virus out in less than 24 hours. It has been available in the U.S. since 2018. There are other cheap therapeutics, relatively speaking, that will/should work. This includes one I've taken off-and-on for months (as a preventive measure), but it was also demonized. Total BS.......

The second clip is the full press conference (very informative). Enough is enough. HCQ + Zinc (OVER THE COUNTER)

Play ball!

(Save the TDS comments.)

[Mod edit: Not gonna allow this widely discredited video on here, sorry]
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

POKE FAN wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:03 pm Not trying to turn this thread into a political one, but a lot of people (including me) are sick of the fear adult tv and propaganda concerning this Covid nonsense. I hate seeing sports fans down about this issue. Here are a couple of video clips from a press conference held today with American physicians. Listen to what the Houston doctor says in the first clip. President Trump pushed HCQ on social media months ago, but the topic was demonized by the criminal fake news media, among others. HCQ/zinc has been safely used for 45-50+ years in the American military.

There is also a Japanese drug called XOFLUZA that may have the potential to knock this virus out in less than 24 hours. It has been available in the U.S. since 2018. There are other cheap therapeutics, relatively speaking, that will/should work. This includes one I've taken off-and-on for months (as a preventive measure), but it was also demonized. Total BS.......

The second clip is the full press conference (very informative). Enough is enough. HCQ + Zinc (OVER THE COUNTER)

Play ball!

(Save the TDS comments.)

[Mod edit: Not gonna allow this widely discredited video on here, sorry]
Breitbart is conspiracy theory crap. HCQ has been PROVEN ineffective vs Covid. Here's a press release from a large British study on the topic:
https://www.recoverytrial.net/files/hcq ... al-002.pdf

"‘A total of 1542 patients were randomised to hydroxychloroquine and compared with 3132
patients randomised to usual care alone. There was no significant difference in the primary
endpoint of 28-day mortality (25.7% hydroxychloroquine vs. 23.5% usual care; hazard ratio 1.11
[95% confidence interval 0.98-1.26]; p=0.10). There was also no evidence of beneficial effects on
hospital stay duration or other outcomes.
‘These data convincingly rule out any meaningful mortality benefit of hydroxychloroquine in
patients hospitalised with COVID-19. Full results will be made available as soon as possible."

and one from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities:
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

And a Spanish one also showing the same:
https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/do ... 09/5872589

All these are easily repeatable and randomized with control groups. This is different from Breitbart - a company with an agenda similar to CNN's, but even further away from facts and science: they want emotion. There are over a million doctors in the United States, and you can easily find one or two to say whatever you want them to. That's why it's important to fall back on REPEATABLE scientific studies with clear statistical analysis.

Not going to say anything about Zinc, because Zinc has a lot of health benefits in general, and I haven't seen any particular studies on it.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

And before this comes back to the Henry Ford study. Unfortunately it was shown to be flawed as it wasn't randomized. The patients receiving HCQ were also far more often receiving steroids, which is something we do know help patients in serious condition (in fact, it's one of the reasons mortality rate is down).
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

We have enough f-word covid threads already. I should have just stuck to what I saw...a big, strong, fast, tough football team.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Asmobodeanreborn,

Did you actually watch the full video of the press conference before posting?? Was the message from these physicians tainted because it was uploaded by Breitbart?? What?? It looks like the full press conference was taken down by YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. What a shock! Apparently, there were 14 million views of the full video at one point on Facebook before censorship. OBVIOUSLY, people are very interested. What are these swamp creatures (including Big Pharma) afraid of?!! Actually, it doesn't matter because they can't stop what's coming. FACT. Sick of the criminality, confusion and gullibility regarding Covid.

As expected, this has been trending on Twitter. They are sooo laughably predictable! Go Pokes! :

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

POKE FAN wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:29 am Asmobodeanreborn,

Did you actually watch the full video of the press conference before posting?? Was the message from these physicians tainted because it was uploaded by Breitbart?? What?? It looks like the full press conference was taken down by YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. What a shock! Apparently, there were 14 million views of the full video at one point on Facebook before censorship. OBVIOUSLY, people are very interested. What are these swamp creatures (including Big Pharma) afraid of?!! Actually, it doesn't matter because they can't stop what's coming. FACT. Sick of the criminality, confusion and gullibility regarding Covid.

As expected, this has been trending on Twitter. They are sooo laughably predictable! Go Pokes! :

It's tainted because Breitbart makes things up and do not check sources, all the while trying to further brainwash part of America to ignore facts. They go for getting people's feelings stirred, and have passed along multiple conspiracy theories that are now popular belief among a large portion of Americans despite being thoroughly debunked.

From that press conference, where is the link to a repeatable double blind study on HCQ actually being efficient? Multiple studies have already shown without a doubt that it does nothing (or worse than nothing), and they're all independent research organizations with no political ties. Turns out, all these claims don't have anything such to back them up.

Ultimately, it's all to distract from the piss poor way the U.S. handled COVID. The rest of the civilized world now has it under control, despite lack of supposed miracle cures. HOWEVER. I am not saying we would've been over all of this with a different President. While things would certainly be different, I can't see much different behavior from the public at large in responding to all of this.

I'm tired of the constant COVID discussion everywhere too, but people are deliberately spreading misinformation, whether they believe it's misinformation or not.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Stella Immanuel, one of the doctors featured prominently in that video that you took down, is a certified nut job. Here's a taste of her beliefs:
Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having the deed in their dreams with demons and witches.

She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens.
Source: https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-im ... hloroquine
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Stella Immanuel, one of the doctors featured prominently in that video that you took down, is a certified nut job. Here's a taste of her beliefs:
Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having the deed in their dreams with demons and witches.

She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens.
Source: https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-im ... hloroquine
I watched the whole video. There were more than just her on there. She is also not the first one to claim that this method works. There have been multiple doctors over the last 3 months that say it works also. Not only that they have shown in other countries that it works. I also have a cousin that works in the oil industry that has clients in Nigeria. His client a couple months ago said they all take hydroclorinique over there because of malaria and because they do they have never even gotten covid that bad.

Basically Liberals are complete nut jobs and evil f-word and want people to die. They are brainwashed and the media is liberal and wants to censor information. If I ever see a liberal approach me I will take care of them with force. Hate the f-word.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:05 pm Basically Liberals are complete nut jobs and evil [#]f##k[#] and want people to die. They are brainwashed and the media is liberal and wants to censor information. If I ever see a liberal approach me I will take care of them with force. Hate the [#]f##k[#].
First of all, I'm not a liberal, but I believe in science and real sources. Provide real sources and properly performed studies and I'm more than happy to change my mind.

Nut jobs are the ones threatening with violence because somebody has a different point of view. It doesn't matter which side they're on politically - Stalin and Hitler were both evil nut cases who solved problems by violently eliminating those with different opinions.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:13 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:05 pm Basically Liberals are complete nut jobs and evil [#]f##k[#] and want people to die. They are brainwashed and the media is liberal and wants to censor information. If I ever see a liberal approach me I will take care of them with force. Hate the [#]f##k[#].
First of all, I'm not a liberal, but I believe in science and real sources. Provide real sources and properly performed studies and I'm more than happy to change my mind.

Nut jobs are the ones threatening with violence because somebody has a different point of view. It doesn't matter which side they're on politically - Stalin and Hitler were both evil nut cases who solved problems by violently eliminating those with different opinions.
They have already proven it works. They also dug into those So called “studies” that whoever did and showed that they used toxic amounts of the stuff and that is why it doesn’t work. It works in the right amounts. They have been numerous doctors that have said this with thousands of patients over the last 3 months.

The nutjobs are the liberals that have protested and rooted and torn this country to poop the last 3 months. I’m not putting up with it anymore. I’m not scared of any of them. They started this poop so it’s time they paid the piper. Liberals censor everything. It’s a big joke and needs to be dealt with. And if you say you aren’t a liberal but still back their bull s*h*i*t you are just as bad. They will all rot in hell for the evil they have brought forth on everyone.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:33 pm They have already proven it works. They also dug into those So called “studies” that whoever did and showed that they used toxic amounts of the stuff and that is why it doesn’t work. It works in the right amounts. They have been numerous doctors that have said this with thousands of patients over the last 3 months.

The nutjobs are the liberals that have protested and rooted and torn this country to Sh#t the last 3 months. I’m not putting up with it anymore. I’m not scared of any of them. They started this Sh#t so it’s time they paid the piper. Liberals censor everything. It’s a big joke and needs to be dealt with. And if you say you aren’t a liberal but still back their bull s*h*i*t you are just as bad. They will all rot in hell for the evil they have brought forth on everyone.
The studies I quoted above are all peer-reviewed and normal quantities. There's yet to be a single such study proving the efficiency of HCQ. Every single one that purports to do so has turned out to have something else that was actually doing the work - like the steroids in the Henry Ford one. If there were thousands of patients it had worked on properly, it should be easy to actually reproduce these scientifically.

I'm not cheering on anybody rioting, but I'm totally fine with people protesting however much they want, as long as they follow local guidelines for social distancing. I could definitely see why the rioting and destruction is something you have a problem against.

I also have zero problems with the crazy witch doctor above being censored for making crap up. Giving people like that a stage even if they happen to temporarily say things that fit what you want to hear is terrible. Remember that these are all private companies making the choice to not give her a platform - it's not government telling her to shut up. Huge difference.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:22 am

I'm not cheering on anybody rioting, but I'm totally fine with people protesting however much they want, as long as they follow local guidelines for social distancing. I could definitely see why the rioting and destruction is something you have a problem against.
Do you condemn the rioting, looting, violence, and destruction of businesses? Not "I can see how someone has a problem with it"; do you oppose those actions?

Do you also believe the "studies" that said protests didn't increase covid spread? Newsflash, none of the protests are following the guidelines--especially as it relates to crowd size and 6' spacing. Do you believe the virus can differentiate between protests and other large outdoor gatherings (which do more closely follow guidlines)?

Do you support preventing family gatherings while allowing protests? Do you support any protest? How about a business not following guidelines in protest or do you just support the destruction of that business in the name of a protest?

This asinine philosophy of "we must stop the spread of the virus, close schools, and all this other bs, unless you want to protest but only protest in the name of social justice" is exactly why people aren't buying into the dangers of the virus.

It either is a pandemic that we have to take extreme measures for or it isn't. You can't have it both ways to fit your political ideology.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:22 am Remember that these are all private companies making the choice to not give her a platform - it's not government telling her to shut up. Huge difference.
Hmmm, private businesses should have the ability to choose who they provide services to based upon that business' political or other beliefs?

Interesting.