The Big Sky is out for football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Announced tonight, the Big Sky presidents are opting out of fall football. More info once the ADs meet, probably going to recommend some fall football scrimmages for the teams in Montana, Idaho, and Utah, and a spring football season. Guessing Montana/Montana State might host some ID/UT teams, or Frontier Conf teams for a scrimmage. This obviously takes Weber State off the docket for the Pokes.

The Pioneer League also is not playing football in FCS this season. And also with that news, James Madison is putting a pause on football this fall after going against the CAA and saying they were going to play anyways, but national developments (ie the Big Sky) made them hit the brakes.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

So, all our OOC are road games?

Honestly, I wish we would have went conference only and left a few weeks flexible that would not prevent someone from scheduling another game (looking at you AF). I'm not sure if there is a way to do that and how all the contracts work.

It's just for us, this year, Lafayette and Ball State just don't seem worth it.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Scratch foootieball for this season, unfortunately