When the college football season starts

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:26 am There is so much data out there now on the vulnerable population. If not part of that population, COVID just isn't that risky.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why we aren't using demographics and data to drive the reopening process. Task primary care providers with screening their patients and letting them know their risk. If you are in a risky group, stay home! Your family also needs to be careful around you. Make accommodations for those at risk or those that must interact with the highly susceptible (example, let kids stay home if they live with susceptible grandparents or something).

Reopen more liberally with the lowly susceptible crowd. Eliminate liability so that isn't a concern. Even the CDC is now saying most people can recover after relatively mild symptoms.

I truly get that this virus is devastating for some. I know a family that got it and all were okay except the dad. He had significant lung damage but was in the highly susceptible crowd.

It is true that even if you don't have the demographics that make you susceptible to sever cases, you can be one of the small percentages that have a terrible case (maybe die). However, that risk is literally less than the risk associated with driving cars.

I just don't get it.
I hope the chicken littles are proud of ruining our country. It was obvious after about three weeks this wasn't the apocalypse. Blows my mind. What do people stand to gain from filling people full of fear?
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Because...science. We keep being told we need to follow the science.

I guess it’s all Trumps fault. Not sure how, but that’s what half the country is saying. The riots are his fault too.

What a nation of kitty we have turned in to. We can’t just take precautions around the most vulnerable and take responsibility for our selves. We have to destroy the economy and put grandma in solitary confinement for six months or more.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

CDC said today that only 9700 of the 153,000 or so actually died due to COVID 19. Yeah thats worth shutting down an economy, losing sports seasons etc......Can we have a redo on 2020???
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:43 pm CDC said today that only 9700 of the 153,000 or so actually died due to COVID 19. Yeah thats worth shutting down an economy, losing sports seasons etc......Can we have a redo on 2020???
That's not exactly true. Basically they said 94% of deaths had 2+ comorbidities. For example an obese diabetic patient with heart disease (3 morbidities) contracts COVID and dies. That person would likely still be alive (for how long who knows) if that person did not contract COVID.

COVID is terrible for those in the susceptible population. That's where we are missing the boat. The obese diabetic patient with heart disease shouldn't be treated the same as a healthy 25 year old. The CDC has now even changed the recommendation on testing to "no need for a test if you are healthy and have minor symptoms". That tells you they don't consider the side effects of the virus (like the heart thing) that prevalent or of major concern for healthy people otherwise the recommendation would be to get tested and monitor for secondary/silent symptoms. Taking that a step farther, it can be argued that having a season is safer because the student athletes would be monitored to a much greater degree than even the CDC recommends.

The response to the virus is ridiculous at this point. I get it at first. We didn't know what we were dealing with. Today, however, we know who needs to take extra precautions and who has very minimal risk. Crazy that we aren't using that information.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Scariest disease evur! So glad we cancelled season and made millions unemployed [url][
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 am Yup. I haven't watch the NBA or MLB once since they restarted. I intended to watch baseball til they kissed the ring of BLM. Disgusting. Do people reallythink America is that flawed, evil and irredeemable? How about an attitude of gratitude? They could be living in Sudan or Bangladesh or some other third world hellscape.

I'm not joking when I say I don't want politics in my sports. period. What do politics have to do anything in the sports world? It's off putting. Politics is everywhere. I want watching sports to be a refuge. I used to LOVE the NBA, but now I just can't stomach it. A bunch of millionaire crybabies that hate our country disrespecting the ultimate symbol of freedom and hope by kneeling during the national anthem. Now I hear they are going to boycott the NBA playoffs? lmao. A black guy that wasn't obeying police orders and started getting something out of his car got shot. It's not like the police are out there wantonly murdering black people. ffs. What do these people want? A white person would ALSO have been shot had they done the same thing

As for COVID, I concluded that most people are too retarded to simply look at statistics are realize that COVID is a nothing burger of nothingnes when contrasted with the media hype. Not that many have died from COVID. It's statistically insignificant. Those it does kill are really, really old and really, really sick. If someone has a problem with really, really old and really, really sick people dying then they need to get a grip on reality. Ruining society over COVID is asinine. It's not like our children are perishing. It literally pisses me off that people are so stupid. I've lost faith.
I agree, I'm "kinda" happy sports is "back", but it truly doesn't consume me like it did b4. I love my Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rockies and Arizona Cardinals but I only listen on Satellite radio, I WILL NOT have my tv/internet associated to any type of ratings in any way for these way overpaid and out of touch athletes. It's going to take me quite sometime to get back to sports consuming my life again, even if the MWC allows our Pokes to play in 2020. Sorry its all been taken away and it's really easy to forget if it doesn't consume me! The wussification of our country has really weakened our everything unfortunately and I sure hope everyone is ready for all that lies ahead, it's truly an interesting time and bring out the popcorn for whats next! Politics and sports should not mix but try telling the CFB conferences that and then try to run your University w/o the almighty television dollars at work. Kinda hard to give up when you don't have that well to go to for a change. I'm glad I'm 50 and remember the "good ole days" somewhat cuz if things go dark I don't wanna live thru the changes that will change the face of our nations future God willing!