Eligibility & Seniors

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Just really wondering how this whole thing will work. Will the seniors be granted another year of eligibility (regardless if they have a redshirt to burn or not)? I understand the cost to do that (across all sports) will be $500,000.

What about the Juniors, Sophomores, etc.? Do they get another year of eligibility as well? If my son was a soph, and the election-virus cost him his soph year, I would be sideways.

Again, I truly think the MWC pulled the plug WAY to early on this. They should have pushed it to start on 9/26, conference only, 10 games, and conf championship. The MWC would have had monumental exposure in the west. Priceless exposure.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yes. It's going to feel like a stab in the damn heart when the Big 12, ACC, SEC, AAC, Sunbelt and BYU are all playing the game we love and the MWC is laying in the corner curled in the fetal position like a helpless, scared, politically correct baby. Why on earth did we cancel so soon? as an institution we sure are kitty.

Makes me sick I tell you :face_vomiting: :tounge: :tounge: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:00 pm Just really wondering how this whole thing will work. Will the seniors be granted another year of eligibility (regardless if they have a redshirt to burn or not)? I understand the cost to do that (across all sports) will be $500,000.

What about the Juniors, Sophomores, etc.? Do they get another year of eligibility as well? If my son was a soph, and the election-virus cost him his soph year, I would be sideways.

Again, I truly think the MWC pulled the plug WAY to early on this. They should have pushed it to start on 9/26, conference only, 10 games, and conf championship. The MWC would have had monumental exposure in the west. Priceless exposure.
Couldn't agree more. Hell, just division games +4 team playoff for championship would be better than this nonsense.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

NCAA said everyone will get this year back regardless if they play this fall or not... so everyone at every school gets another year. It'll be up to the individuals schools to determine if they can pay for those extra scholarships or not.

The question for seniors will be if they want to stay for another year or if they graduate and are ready to move on in life.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:45 pm Yes. It's going to feel like a stab in the damn heart when the Big 12, ACC, SEC, AAC, Sunbelt and BYU are all playing the game we love and the MWC is laying in the corner curled in the fetal position like a helpless, scared, politically correct baby. Why on earth did we cancel so soon? as an institution we sure are kitty.

Makes me sick I tell you :face_vomiting: :tounge: :tounge: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:
Because our commissioner is a pussy, our new president is also a pussy. We’ve already discussed what leadership looks like and it’s the governor that of South Dakota, the people running the acc and the sec. what little foothold the mwc had might just disappear
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:42 pm NCAA said everyone will get this year back regardless if they play this fall or not... so everyone at every school gets another year. It'll be up to the individuals schools to determine if they can pay for those extra scholarships or not.

The question for seniors will be if they want to stay for another year or if they graduate and are ready to move on in life.
It will be interesting to see the impacts on high school Seniors.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.