Dave Walsh only doing football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Guess all good things come to an end, will miss him calling bball(where I thought he was a bit better at, imo)
https://gowyo.com/news/2020/8/31/genera ... tball.aspx
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

So basically he’s off for the next year.

I missed Larry Birleffi for awhile but Reece will become the voice of the Cowboys too.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

ZapPoke wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:55 pm So basically he’s off for the next year.

I missed Larry Birleffi for awhile but Reece will become the voice of the Cowboys too.
Yeah until football starts up again. I don't remember anything Larry B as i didn't really start paying attention to any Wyoming sports till about 1982(me being 12) i guess i was being a busy kid and my dad didn't listen as much as i remember. Yeah Reece will do fine, just don't want to admit these things will happen someday.
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

The most fun I had listening to Cowboy sports was when Larry Birleffi and Bill Strannigan were the announcers ... Larry TRYING to call the play-by-play, and Bill doing the "color" ... and I DO mean COLOR. You never knew what either one of them might say. I think their basic plan was to have a few belts at one of the local watering holes, and then have fun calling the game. One time during a BYU football game, Larry said: "The bowl games don't like BYU, because BYU fans only bring one suit and one $20.00 bill ... and they don't change either one!" I saw Larry in various places over the years, and he always came across as arrogant. Bill, however, was always happy to talk about Cowboy sports. I think he was happy that someone knew who he was. A good guy! Bill and my Uncle Will were pals when they were students at UW, and Will had some wild stories bout Bill's "exploits." FYI ... Kevin was the Bat Boy on my Little League team ... back in the Dark Ages.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

WyoGeezer wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:28 am The most fun I had listening to Cowboy sports was when Larry Birleffi and Bill Strannigan were the announcers ... Larry TRYING to call the play-by-play, and Bill doing the "color" ... and I DO mean COLOR. You never knew what either one of them might say. I think their basic plan was to have a few belts at one of the local watering holes, and then have fun calling the game. One time during a BYU football game, Larry said: "The bowl games don't like BYU, because BYU fans only bring one suit and one $20.00 bill ... and they don't change either one!" I saw Larry in various places over the years, and he always came across as arrogant. Bill, however, was always happy to talk about Cowboy sports. I think he was happy that someone knew who he was. A good guy! Bill and my Uncle Will were pals when they were students at UW, and Will had some wild stories bout Bill's "exploits." FYI ... Kevin was the Bat Boy on my Little League team ... back in the Dark Ages.
I had the pleasure of meeting both of them. You couldn't find 2 better ambassadors for Wyoming sports. Birleffi was larger than life. He could make the most mundane game sound like the super bowl. Strannigan was about as nice as they come. He would talk Wyoming basketball all day long if you let him. Dave and Kevin are great. It won't be the same without Dave Walsh. Hopefully, we will get to hear him next fall.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

For me, Dave is synonymous with Cowboys athletics. He is just so good at his job. We'll miss you, Dave!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I have so many memories of winter nights, working with my dad in the garage...listening to Dave...sad...end of an era.