Air Force

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Since no announced games other than against the other Academies, I'm assuming that is the only 2 games they play.

In the meantime, they are practicing all fall to get prepped for those games which will not count towards their "MWC Season" or eligibility.

Thus, they get several months of practice + 2 warm-up games prior to everyone else even starting training camp.

Yeah, that's fair.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyoming could be practicing now too if they wanted, nothing says they can't practice even if they aren't playing games.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:20 pm Wyoming could be practicing now too if they wanted, nothing says they can't practice even if they aren't playing games.
I wonder what Bohl's plan is regarding starting practices again? I would imagine he's weighing burning them out (i.e. low contact practices and no games) with taking full advantage of the available time.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:32 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:20 pm Wyoming could be practicing now too if they wanted, nothing says they can't practice even if they aren't playing games.
I wonder what Bohl's plan is regarding starting practices again? I would imagine he's weighing burning them out (i.e. low contact practices and no games) with taking full advantage of the available time.
I imagine it is a bit of a balancing act. I know UW has very physical practices, I imagine Bohl would hate to risk a significant injury now when we are still several months from the earliest potential game. That and the risk of burnout that you mentioned.

At the same time, I'm sure there's something that could be gained from lighter, less- intense practices. Will be interesting to see what practices look like going forward.