So, why aren’t we playing???

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Makes me sick. Each week I’m more and more disgusted with the MWC and UW. I’ll never forgive those responsible for this
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

Like the rest of you guys, I'm frustrated and disappointed that the MWC decided to SC the fall sports. My real concern, however is that we'll lose some of our best players, and our break-out season of winning, and possibly dominating, the conference won't happen. I'm sure that the Bowl Game performance of our young quarterback opened the eyes of all the folks in Texas who ignored him before. I wonder who's after him ... The Aggies, The Longhorns ... ??? And he's just one among several players who were going to really shine this year. Will anyone transfer? Will anyone graduate and move on? Will anyone just quit in frustration? We're all really impatient, so imagine the impatience level of a twenty-year-old who just wants to play, and maybe doesn't care where he plays ... as long as he plays somewhere.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:40 pm Makes me sick. Each week I’m more and more disgusted with the MWC and UW. I’ll never forgive those responsible for this
Here in Colorado, all k-12 school is online. There are no high school sports. Evidently, people are waiting on a vaccine. I've given up trying to make sense of this. I see that Wyoming prep has had 3 weeks of games and no outbreaks. Good on you guys. At least some of your state is moving forward.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:33 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:40 pm Makes me sick. Each week I’m more and more disgusted with the MWC and UW. I’ll never forgive those responsible for this
Here in Colorado, all k-12 school is online. There are no high school sports. Evidently, people are waiting on a vaccine. I've given up trying to make sense of this. I see that Wyoming prep has had 3 weeks of games and no outbreaks. Good on you guys. At least some of your state is moving forward.
Since I'm in Oklahoma, the Sooner State :roll: is having a fall football season with absolutely no problems whatsoever with COVID although the Okie State-Tulsa game had to be postponed due to concerns with COVID.

All the west coast states including Hawaii cancelled football for the grade schools. Alaska is still having a football season up there.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Arizona high schools play their first games starting October 2nd.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I don’t know what you all were doing yesterday but I listened as Wyoming knocked off Tennessee at Neyland Stadium. We had a pretty good rushing attack and forced a few turnovers at critical times.

I was so confused when I first turned the dial and heard Dave and Kevin. Apparently game days on the radio will be replays of various games.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy

Big 10 expected to begin play on Oct. 17th. Come on MWC
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

phxpoke wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:58 pm Big 10 expected to begin play on Oct. 17th. Come on MWC
Is this being reported????
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

phxpoke wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:58 pm Big 10 expected to begin play on Oct. 17th. Come on MWC
I can’t see how the MWC could make such a vote with where CA, NM, CO and HI are at with their local regulations. It’s sucks but I think that is the reality.

Maybe Boise, WY, Utah State, UNLV, Nevada and possibly AF could put something together.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Big 10 to resume Oct. 24.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:08 pm
I can’t see how the MWC could make such a vote with where CA, NM, CO and HI are at with their local regulations. It’s sucks but I think that is the reality.

Maybe Boise, WY, Utah State, UNLV, Nevada and possibly AF could put something together.
The MWC screwed up. Will they own it? Unlikely - they are a bunch of asshats (mostly due to the leader).

Wyoming needs to get going on 10/17 - with or without all the other conference members. Let's do an 8 game schedule, 4 at home, 4 away.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:08 pm

The MWC screwed up. Will they own it? Unlikely - they are a bunch of asshats (mostly due to the leader).

Wyoming needs to get going on 10/17 - with or without all the other conference members. Let's do an 8 game schedule, 4 at home, 4 away.
Does anyone know if the football team is on campus and/or practicing at all? UW isn’t even scheduled to begin in person classes for non-freshmen until Sep. 28.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:47 pm Does anyone know if the football team is on campus and/or practicing at all? UW isn’t even scheduled to begin in person classes for non-freshmen until Sep. 28.
Half the team had already left campus a month ago. I would very much doubt that many of them are on campus now. From what I've heard if we started practice TODAY we'd be lucky to be ready by October 24.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:02 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:47 pm Does anyone know if the football team is on campus and/or practicing at all? UW isn’t even scheduled to begin in person classes for non-freshmen until Sep. 28.
Half the team had already left campus a month ago. I would very much doubt that many of them are on campus now. From what I've heard if we started practice TODAY we'd be lucky to be ready by October 24.
Hey guys, get back to campus so we can play home games in December in front of no fans! Uh, no thanks. There's no going back now. Football is a fall sport, not something to done as an afterthought well into the coldest, darkest months of the year. What will they be playing for? It won't be for a conference championship or a bowl berth.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy

Looks like an 8 game schedule with a chance to play in a big bowl as well. I'm ready for some Mountain West, and Poke football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:51 am I don’t know what you all were doing yesterday but I listened as Wyoming knocked off Tennessee at Neyland Stadium. We had a pretty good rushing attack and forced a few turnovers at critical times.

I was so confused when I first turned the dial and heard Dave and Kevin. Apparently game days on the radio will be replays of various games.
Its called Cowboy Football Classics and will take us back to a game that we can all be proud of and keep Poke pride alive and well week after week.

https://gowyo.com/news/2020/8/24/cowboy ... twork.aspx
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yes. It looks like there's some serious positive momentum.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:36 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:02 pm
Hey guys, get back to campus so we can play home games in December in front of no fans! Uh, no thanks. There's no going back now. Football is a fall sport, not something to done as an afterthought well into the coldest, darkest months of the year. What will they be playing for? It won't be for a conference championship or a bowl berth.
I unfortunately mostly agree with this sentiment. :agree:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...