Depth chart out

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Some surprises here. Not feeling great about the d line depth. Where is crall?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 pm Some surprises here. Not feeling great about the d line depth. Where is crall?
He has a foot injury and will miss at least the Nevada game. He had surgery on the foot in the spring, and apparently the wound's been healing much slower than expected.

Going to be a ton of pressure on Jones and Holt this season.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:41 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 pm Some surprises here. Not feeling great about the d line depth. Where is crall?
He has a foot injury and will miss at least the Nevada game. He had surgery on the foot in the spring, and apparently the wound's been healing much slower than expected.

Dang. It really hurts that half the D line is sitting at home on their couches.

Wonder where Alonzo Hall is. He was a highly-rated recruit and began to play well last year. Nowhere to be seen on the two-deep.

Parker Christiansen starting FB. Nice. He must be a player. He's beaten out some experienced players.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Welch starting at TE seems like a bit of a surprise. Bohl had commented earlier this fall that TE was a strength. I was expecting to see Marcotte as the starter. I'm sure we will see all 3 but maybe Welch is a guy to watch out for.

Damn our running game should be good! So good to see Abojei back in the starting lineup. This might be the best offensive line on paper that I can ever recall.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:27 am Welch starting at TE seems like a bit of a surprise. Bohl had commented earlier this fall that TE was a strength. I was expecting to see Marcotte as the starter. I'm sure we will see all 3 but maybe Welch is a guy to watch out for.

Damn our running game should be good! So good to see Abojei back in the starting lineup. This might be the best offensive line on paper that I can ever recall.
Run game should be effective with that O line, the RBs and Sean. We're going to bludgeon teams to death.

Not encouraging to see Gentry and to a lesser extent Eberhardt the starting WRs. I was hoping some of the freshmen WRs could overtake them, because that would mean there was an infusion of talent. Hopefully Gentry and Eberhardt have improved a lot. Hopefully Gentry learned to catch!

Eberhardt and Gentry were both excellent special teams players last year in kick coverage. Not sure how much of that they'll be doing this year, now that they're starting.

The TEs are going to be nasty. Marcotte and Weinman are basically tackles out there, and Marcotte catches everything. I've heard Welch is fast and now he's big, too. Should be a special position group going forward.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:25 am

Wonder where Alonzo Hall is. He was a highly-rated recruit and began to play well last year. Nowhere to be seen on the two-deep.

Parker Christiansen starting FB. Nice. He must be a player. He's beaten out some experienced players.
Agree with everything you said except the bolded. Do you know something we don't? Pretty sure Hall never saw the field last year.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:51 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:25 am

Agree with everything you said except the bolded. Do you know something we don't? Pretty sure Hall never saw the field last year.
Yeah, says he got in one game last year. wtf .I could have sworn he was getting lots of playing time by the end of last year. I even recall him getting a personal foul. Maybe that was a dream.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Good running game, lots of play action to the tight ends and a vertical play to keep them honest. Throw in some RPO’s, QB designed runs and a little trickeration every once in awhile. This offense could be lethal with our line. I think turnover +/- and special teams will be the difference in a good team and a great team
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Have we lined up multiple 220 pound defensive linemen since Vic Koenning was the head coach? I think Koenning had a 220 pound defensive tackle one year. The defensive line size and depth is a concern which is understandable since that area had more covid defections.