Wyoming at Nevada game thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:35 pm Worst offensive series i have ever seen. Who the hell runs a qb sneak from your own 1.
Seriously? That literally happens all the time.... That being said... The offense overall is seriously anemic.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I hate this so much. Just, hate.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Vigen gave up that TD
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Oof... Bad time for a mis-cue
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

307bball wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:37 pm
nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:35 pm Worst offensive series i have ever seen. Who the hell runs a qb sneak from your own 1.
Seriously? That literally happens all the time.... That being said... The offense overall is seriously anemic.

Good point. I was hopeful someone kidnapped Vigen for a bit. We will never be anything but Mediocre with Vigen as OC.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Vigen with a 2 minute drill? HAH! That hasn't happened in 7 years.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Literally had a linemen stand there not doing anything on that last play. Just looking around.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

Our pass protection doesn’t look too great so far. Hopefully everyone is just rusty
W-Y, Until I Die!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Back to what we are all thinking....
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

307bball
WyoNation Addict

Well... Very uninspired play.. Everything is waaaay too vanilla. Hopefully this is an offense-wide hangover to losing Chambers on the third play and not just another group with no deep threat, thus opposing defenses loading up for the running game... But I'm not optimistic.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

O line not living up to the hype. Time to start a fire Vigen thread yet? Lol
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Is Vic Koenning back, at offensive coordinator? I haven't seen such an unimaginative vanilla offence for years. Mix it up Bohl. Makes me ask - when does basketball start?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:52 pm Is Vic Koenning back, at offensive coordinator? I haven't seen such an unimaginative vanilla offence for years. Mix it up Bohl. Makes me ask - when does basketball start?
Lol I was just wondering when b-ball starts
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I don’t think the play calling is the problem at all. The problem is Levi is holding onto the ball for too long because he isn’t good at making decisions yet throwing. He looks like a freshman playing against a better team than Georgia St. so Vigen hands are tied more. Also the offensive line doesn’t look good in pass blocking either when Nevada’s front 4 can get pressure that easy with no blitzing.

When Chambers went down it turned into a bigger problem then I thought it would. Levi doesn’t seem ready for this yet as far as quick decision making is concerned. I haven’t had a problem with the play calling. The problem has been the execution.

And other than the goal line stand the defense is horrible.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:46 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:45 pm Has Titus Swen returned from injury? I haven’t heard much about him.
Wasn't he a walk-on?

I'll take the 3 for now. But we need more points going forward.
Someone on the other board mentioned something about him not traveling with the team.... no clue why, just saw that mentioned.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:53 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:52 pm Is Vic Koenning back, at offensive coordinator? I haven't seen such an unimaginative vanilla offence for years. Mix it up Bohl. Makes me ask - when does basketball start?
Lol I was just wondering when b-ball starts
I am reaaalllly excited to see what we can do in BB this year!!!!
307bball
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:54 pm I don’t think the play calling is the problem at all. The problem is Levi is holding onto the ball for too long because he isn’t good at making decisions yet throwing. He looks like a freshman playing against a better team than Georgia St. so Vigen hands are tied more. Also the offensive line doesn’t look good in pass blocking either when Nevada’s front 4 can get pressure that easy with no blitzing.

When Chambers went down it turned into a bigger problem then I thought it would. Levi doesn’t seem ready for this yet as far as quick decision making is concerned. I haven’t had a problem with the play calling. The problem has been the execution.

Totally agree... Somebody on that offense need to help Levi out.... He is not ready.... I'm not to upset with the defense... These air raid offenses always chew up the yards, two mistakes have resulted in two touchdowns.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:54 pm I don’t think the play calling is the problem at all. The problem is Levi is holding onto the ball for too long because he isn’t good at making decisions yet throwing. He looks like a freshman playing against a better team than Georgia St. so Vigen hands are tied more. Also the offensive line doesn’t look good in pass blocking either when Nevada’s front 4 can get pressure that easy with no blitzing.

Totally agree... Somebody on that offense need to help Levi out.... He is not ready.... I'm not to upset with the defense... These air raid offenses always chew up the yards, two mistakes have resulted in two touchdowns.
Our run game, the strong point of our offense, isn't getting a rhythm because after running on 1st down, Vigen decides to pass.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Not a lot of bright spots yet. Very fortunate to still be in this one. Hopefully rust, jitters, and just need some halftime adjustments.

Gotta get the passing game going. Screens, slants, something to just loosen those guys up a little.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.