Beat the Sheep Week

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Any takeaways from the sheep getting trounced by the team Hawaii just smacked? Are they that bad? What do you all think?
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

It’s going to be a tough game, as usual. The sheep look tougher along the line of scrimmage. I’m assuming they’ll play O’Brien against us. Beat the sheep
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:14 am It’s going to be a tough game, as usual. The sheep look tougher along the line of scrimmage. I’m assuming they’ll play O’Brien against us. Beat the sheep
We've destroyed them the last few years at their place. This might be the worst team we play this year. I just wonder how they view this game anymore. This is the 2nd coach in a row not from this area. They recruit hardly any Colorado kids. I don't think they see this as a rivalry the way we do. So, I do hope we lay the wood to them again this year. I just wish they'd let fans in the stadium. It's always fun to see fans leaving early when we are pounding them. My uncle and I stayed to the end 2 years ago and the only fans left in the building were Wyo. fans.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

The yardage looked similar but CSU had a few fumbles. I’d like to see an ass beating for sure
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

I don't think CSU is any good at all. Not UNLV bad, but probably close. But we have to play better. Not sealing the deal on drives against Hawai'i, turnovers, etc. could have cost us that game. If we play better this week we should win. If not, then CSU could hang around and knock us off. I just hope the guys learn a lot, focus, and play hard.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

My CSU friends all think their team sucks this year, so that's good! I'll be following on pixel vision....
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

It's a rivalry game. Anything can happen. This game always scares me.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Ravontae Holt is out for this game. Glad it was not a season ending injury.

Swen has opted out for the year
drupp5456
Buckaroo

As a Poke fan I always get really nervous when I read so many posts about the team we are about to play is trash. This tells me we are gonna have our hands full. We better start showing the sheep some respect or we could end up blowing this game. They aren’t Nevada but they aren’t UNLV either.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

drupp5456 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:07 pm As a Poke fan I always get really nervous when I read so many posts about the team we are about to play is trash. This tells me we are gonna have our hands full. We better start showing the sheep some respect or we could end up blowing this game. They aren’t Nevada but they aren’t UNLV either.
Rivalry games are always tricky as they can motivate even awful teams to play out of their mind. There are currently no Sheep who have held the trophy, and it'd be nice to continue that new-found trend.

It's probably a good thing the game is happening on Thursday... by this weekend, the state might be back in shut-down. There are already some murmurs about Boulder County possibly shutting down sports this week. :(
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Short week of practice too. NCAA prohibits practice on Election Day.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 7 times

I'm really surprised by how little chatter there has been about tonight's game relative to previous years on here and MWC Board. Is it because of the Thursday night scheduling? Is it because of how dog butt awful CSU looked against Fresno? Either way, I'm excited and ready to make it 5 in a row tonight.

Side note: CSU is 9-27 combined against Wyoming, Air Force and Colorado since they invited Sonny Lubick to not return.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 60 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:16 am I'm really surprised by how little chatter there has been about tonight's game relative to previous years on here and MWC Board. Is it because of the Thursday night scheduling? Is it because of how dog butt awful CSU looked against Fresno? Either way, I'm excited and ready to make it 5 in a row tonight.

Side note: CSU is 9-27 combined against Wyoming, Air Force and Colorado since they invited Sonny Lubick to not return.
I'm excited to watch the game tonight but I don't know what I would talk about that is specifically related to this game. There is a lot going on the media right now that is drowning out most everything non election-related. I guess we could argue more about where the fault of our terrible offense really lies. :whistle: :lol: :lol:
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

307bball wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:34 am
cowpoke pride wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:16 am I'm really surprised by how little chatter there has been about tonight's game relative to previous years on here and MWC Board. Is it because of the Thursday night scheduling? Is it because of how dog butt awful CSU looked against Fresno? Either way, I'm excited and ready to make it 5 in a row tonight.

I'm excited to watch the game tonight but I don't know what I would talk about that is specifically related to this game. There is a lot going on the media right now that is drowning out most everything non election-related. I guess we could argue more about where the fault of our terrible offense really lies. :whistle: :lol: :lol:
What on Earth could be more important and interesting than this game? F-ck all the political noise.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

I'm excited for the game, but this season has been such a mess that it's hard to get up like we normally would. Can't go to most games, games are being played on week days, season was on again and off again, general fatigue this year in general, etc...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Go Pokes! This game will be a nice distraction
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:05 am Go Pokes! This game will be a nice distraction
Darn right on the distraction part.

I don't care how CSU looked against Fresno, that was their first game and not a full barometer of where their program is. This is a rivalry game, and I read some Colorado sources and the linemen on the CSU team are sick of Wyoming winning the boot, so I am expecting them to come out to play. I am not expecting CSU to roll over and am expecting a tough, physical game. Come on Pokes, get'er done.

Edit - per the article I was reading they have had a countdown in the weight room and practice facilities for the Wyoming game (no word on if they have one for the CU game) and I guess their new coach has been harping about this game a lot. For the players and coaches it doesn't sound like this is a dead rivalry.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 60 times

Expat_Poke wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:21 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:05 am Go Pokes! This game will be a nice distraction
Darn right on the distraction part.

I don't care how CSU looked against Fresno, that was their first game and not a full barometer of where their program is. This is a rivalry game, and I read some Colorado sources and the linemen on the CSU team are sick of Wyoming winning the boot, so I am expecting them to come out to play. I am not expecting CSU to roll over and am expecting a tough, physical game. Come on Pokes, get'er done.

Edit - per the article I was reading they have had a countdown in the weight room and practice facilities for the Wyoming game (no word on if they have one for the CU game) and I guess their new coach has been harping about this game a lot. For the players and coaches it doesn't sound like this is a dead rivalry.
This is how I feel...I think CSU is MO-TI-VAT-ED. I do believe that CSU is better than they looked last week. If this was just a competition on paper, I like how we match up. Hopefully the pokes have some killer instinct in them to put these guys down quickly.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Get the W. That's all that counts in the end.

Don't get me wrong, there will be bitching, moaning, groaning, and drunken posts about random crap, but the W is all that matters.