Levi's accuracy

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

This season will come down to his accuracy. We run the ball well and there are receivers open. He needs to be able to make those 3rd down throws.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times

True. We also had a few drop balls last night, too. Our passing game is not looking good...
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Hopefully his accuracy improves because he has a cannon. We also really need a receiver to step up, I don’t recall anybody making a tough catch to help him out yet.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:51 am Hopefully his accuracy improves because he has a cannon. We also really need a receiver to step up, I don’t recall anybody making a tough catch to help him out yet.
Gentry did make a tough catch. It wasn't a big gain, but a tough catch nonetheless.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Levi and Vigen. Smh.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Has Vigen made a single one of our QBs better? Honestly I’ve seen nothing but regression from each QB he’s ever coached
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

To be fair to Vigen, you either are or are not accurate. We don't have an accurate qb.

Vigen does not develop QBs though; that is true.

We have good athletes at QB.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

From what I've seen... He's pretty good if he's not running. He's really bad throwing on the run
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Hes not accurate at all. Him and Vigen deserve each other.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:55 pm To be fair to Vigen, you either are or are not accurate. We don't have an accurate qb.

Sounds like what NFL pundits said all the time about JA, which has turned out to be BS for the most part. And its already evident that Levi has a way better deep ball than Josh had at this point.
I guess that I'm in the minority in saying that I think Levi is a fairly good passer. There is a lot to say about the team not being ready to play, and I think that Levi's first quarter falls into that bucket rather than him being a bad qb.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

'PokeForLife wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:26 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:55 pm To be fair to Vigen, you either are or are not accurate. We don't have an accurate qb.

Sounds like what NFL pundits said all the time about JA, which has turned out to be BS for the most part. And its already evident that Levi has a way better deep ball than Josh had at this point.
I guess that I'm in the minority in saying that I think Levi is a fairly good passer. There is a lot to say about the team not being ready to play, and I think that Levi's first quarter falls into that bucket rather than him being a bad qb.
You are correct to say that it's BS when applied to JA... But it is applicable to literally every other qb analyzed. Therr has been a ton of ink describing Allen with the "unicorn" moniker because of this.

Levi seems "ok". I say the sample size is still small. Right now, if I was in charge (thank God that is not the case), I would definitely try not to put him in a position where stuff like what happened in the first quarter against CSU happened.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

While it's true that Levi threw some stray passes, please remind me when he had a clean pocket to throw from. Our pass blocking is horrendous. Their qb had all day to throw. Levi had an unblocked defender coming at him all night. Just remember, he threw for over 300 yards. Our vaunted running game had 48 rushes for a puny average of 3.0 yards per carry. We were outplayed on both lines of scrimmage. And by the way, they had a receiver who was far faster than any player on our team. So don't tell me how talented we are. We have average talent and if we lose the turnover battle, we will lose.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:54 am While it's true that Levi threw some stray passes, please remind me when he had a clean pocket to throw from. Our pass blocking is horrendous. Their qb had all day to throw. Levi had an unblocked defender coming at him all night. Just remember, he threw for over 300 yards. Our vaunted running game had 48 rushes for a puny average of 3.0 yards per carry. We were outplayed on both lines of scrimmage. And by the way, they had a receiver who was far faster than any player on our team. So don't tell me how talented we are. We have average talent and if we lose the turnover battle, we will lose.
This is sooo true...the path to victory and success this season..(and frankly mosty seasons at WYO) is to play cleaner, more disciplined football than the opponent. I actually believe last nights game was an outlier for Bohl...his teams here have largely minimized boneheadedness. I don't think we will be over-coming sloppy football with talent anytime soon.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Williams is a freshman QB and played like one against CSU. Accuracy isn’t his issue. As was pointed out, unblocked defensive players all night created a difficult environment for him to throw. But on his interception, that throw on a timing route was on the money...it was just a terrible decision to make that throw.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I agree with you.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Josh improved completion percentage through the first part of the season. He's struggled lately with throws reminiscent of his first years. Josh is a great competitor, leader, and football player. Josh cam make incredible throws and does throw some accurate passes. I'd take him on my team for sure but I wouldn't label him accurate. Even if he becomes accurate consistently, he is the exception.

Now, let's assume you're right and accuracy is coached. Josh clearly didn't advance until the NFL. Perhaps our QB coach needs evaluated.

I hope I'm wrong. Levi can throw accurate passes but he doesn't look like an accurate passer to me. Now that I've said that, he'll go on and set completion percentage records for WYO, lol. I'd love it and sign my apology post.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Levi is not a terrible thrower. You can’t judge accuracy with completion percentage. If you look at bills, Josh didn’t just get more accurate. His decision making is better along with a top 5 receiving Corp. You can’t compare completion percentage with the Mickey Mouse spread QBs. Completion percentage is decision making, wrs and qb throw. An accurate pass is no good on a curl if it’s late and the defender intercepts it. Was the pass inaccurate? No. Levi looks good when he sets and throws. He’s young and needs to make better reads and do it quicker. That it all. I believe he’s a much better passer than Chambers but Sean makes great reads, especially in rpo and read option
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Josh had a fantastic stat line. I didn't watch the game and haven't followed nfl much, so I don't know if seachickens have a d or not. Either way great stat line.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I think the Seahawks' D is atrocious, but still. Josh tore them apart to honor his grandmother.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Josh Allen, after spending a couple seasons with ACTUAL coaching, would beg to differ..... Players can increase their accuracy