Well, next 3 weeks should make everyone feel better

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

The next 3 weeks are against pretty terrible teams. Good time to regroup before facing a decent bsu team. Before anyone says it, no, I don't consider bsu "good or great"; I'd consider them decent or solid.

Lucky for us this year that the MWC is even worse than usual or at least the teams on our part of the schedule are. I doubt we have an easier path to a championship again; at least I hope not.

Hopefully these next few weeks are good for player development and we can get some wins. Hopefully it gives the Vigen fanboys a ton of ammo to say "I told you so; this offense is great".

These next 3 games should give us glimpses of optimism for next year.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

I hope so. I'm glad we get Utah State at home rather than on the road, and hopefully both UNLV and New Mexico are bad enough that we break our seven game road losing streak against both of them
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

No WYO fan should get their hopes up. I'm not expecting anything from these next three games. NM played Nevada really close, USU got throttled by Fresno (but so did the lambs). UNLV is about as sure as a victory gets, but we're on the road....

As we've shown so far, we aren't a good team and shouldn't be looking down at anyone. We got our asses kicked by an absolutely terrible csu team. Best case for the year is 4-3, I think it's likely we end up 3-4 or 2-5. Boise isn't going to be pretty. I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything that makes me excited about this season.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

If we go 2-5 with this schedule, I'd probably jump on Wyovania's boat, lol.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
PokeNer
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:10 am If we go 2-5 with this schedule, I'd probably jump on Wyovania's boat, lol.
I would not be surprised if we lose to NM. Rocky will have no problem game planning to shut down our O. USU will be a toss up, but we have the advantage since it's in Laramie. UNLV should be a win, but it's a road game and we've lost 7 straight away from Laramie (not counting the bowl game).
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

I Don't think it's a good idea to assume ANY future victories. Thanks to the DVR, I've watched nearly all of the MWC games this year. Lots of really good quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, linemen and defensive players all across the conference. One of you pointed out that cs-ewe has a receiver that's faster than ANYONE on the Cowboys. Until bs-state loses a few games and loses their Mojo, they will be dominant. Who's gonna topple them? Hawaii gets a chance next Saturday and Nevawda gets a shot in two weeks. We coulda/shoulda beat them last year. Same for AFA. We and AFA psyched ourselves out at the end and both lost. bs-state is like be-why-you in the old WAC ... They knew they would win, and they did ... every time. It's easy to see why bs-state thinks they belong in a "better" conference. BUT ... Thanks to their blue clown-field and the fact that they're a diploma-mill, bs-state is stuck in the MWC or equivalent. Can you imagine the chancellor of Stanford or Cal-Berkeley or U. of Texas voting to invite bs-state? Ain't gonna happen. I know I'm being really negative, and I apologize, but the Cowboys' future ain't bright. Jump in my poop if you like.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

PokeNer wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:35 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:10 am If we go 2-5 with this schedule, I'd probably jump on Wyovania's boat, lol.
I would not be surprised if we lose to NM. Rocky will have no problem game planning to shut down our O. USU will be a toss up, but we have the advantage since it's in Laramie. UNLV should be a win, but it's a road game and we've lost 7 straight away from Laramie (not counting the bowl game).
Seriously? Usu sucks ass. We are favored by 18 with days more than them to prepare
PokeNer
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:42 pm
Seriously? Usu sucks A$$. We are favored by 18 with days more than them to prepare
What makes you think that we aren't ass also? We lost to bottom of the barrel csu, and have trailed for 8/12 quarters this year. Our win was against a hawaii team that was away from the island for 2 weeks and had to play in Laramie. I hope I'm wrong and we start looking like the team we thought we would be.

We should win, especially with Shelley out now and 2 weeks to prepare. USU has had one of the toughest schedules in the MW, and we probably would also be 0-4 with their schedule.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

PokeNer wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:26 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:42 pm
Seriously? Usu sucks A$$. We are favored by 18 with days more than them to prepare
What makes you think that we aren't A$$ also? We lost to bottom of the barrel csu, and have trailed for 8/12 quarters this year. Our win was against a hawaii team that was away from the island for 2 weeks and had to play in Laramie. I hope I'm wrong and we start looking like the team we thought we would be.

We should win, especially with Shelley out now and 2 weeks to prepare. USU has had one of the toughest schedules in the MW, and we probably would also be 0-4 with their schedule.
We are not the same level of ass as the Utags because we actually won a game, and lost to one of the better teams in the league in OT on the road. The CSU game was an unmitigated disaster, I can't even begin to defend it.

Whereas Utah st. hasn't even been competitive. They just plain suck
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

csu game was a wtf game much more so than an indication game. Bad game, stupid mistakes, bad juju, football gods against us, heads not in it, bad momentum snowballed on us, etc. etc. It happens.

NV beat us but they aren't as terrible as the next 3 teams we face.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:06 pm csu game was a wtf game much more so than an indication game. Bad game, stupid mistakes, bad juju, football gods against us, heads not in it, bad momentum snowballed on us, etc. etc. It happens.

I saw a csu team that was better prepared, more motivated, and had a better game plan. The game was never really in doubt for them. If a team with their talent level can setup a defensive game plan to frustrate our offense, cause turnovers, and force mistakes anybody can.

I hope you guys are right. I'm not confident this team is above cellar dweller quality this year. Nevada was close at the end, but it was an ass kicking for 3+ quarters. USU played Fresno closer than CSU did, if we can get stomped by the sheep I'm not putting any game automatically in the W column. With the prep time and Shelley out, this is close as it comes though.

I'll gladly eat crow if we come out and dominate the next three weeks.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

PokeNer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:06 pm csu game was a wtf game much more so than an indication game. Bad game, stupid mistakes, bad juju, football gods against us, heads not in it, bad momentum snowballed on us, etc. etc. It happens.

I saw a csu team that was better prepared, more motivated, and had a better game plan. The game was never really in doubt for them. If a team with their talent level can setup a defensive game plan to frustrate our offense, cause turnovers, and force mistakes anybody can.

I hope you guys are right. I'm not confident this team is above cellar dweller quality this year. Nevada was close at the end, but it was an ass kicking for 3+ quarters. USU played Fresno closer than CSU did, if we can get stomped by the sheep I'm not putting any game automatically in the W column. With the prep time and Shelley out, this is close as it comes though.

I feel like we out played CSU aside from our first two possessions
W-Y, Until I Die!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:40 pm
PokeNer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 pm

I hope you guys are right. I'm not confident this team is above cellar dweller quality this year. Nevada was close at the end, but it was an A$$ kicking for 3+ quarters. USU played Fresno closer than CSU did, if we can get stomped by the sheep I'm not putting any game automatically in the W column. With the prep time and Shelley out, this is close as it comes though.

I feel like we out played CSU aside from our first two possessions
Eh, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Yeah those first two possessions were killer, but we still never got closer than 7, let csu score a FG to ice the game, and couldn't move the ball for poop on the last possession. csu did exactly what Bohl would have wanted to do - get TOs, get a lead, run clock, and do just enough to stay in front. We couldn't get a stop when we needed, and we couldn't score in the most crucial situations well beyond those first two possessions. If we were on the other end, we'd call that kicking their ass.

We "outplayed" csu and Nevada in the final 6 quarters of both those games because we were desperate, Vigen opened up the playbook and the other side was just trying to run out clock and close out the win.

I got my hopes up to start the season, and I'm being pessimistic because I don't think we're a very good team. The o-line isn't anywhere near as good as everyone thought they would be, the offense hasn't opened up like Bohl promised, and we lost two games we were favored in. On top of that, we're turning the ball over, we're taking bad penalties, and vigen still sucks.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

PokeNer wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:22 am No WYO fan should get their hopes up. I'm not expecting anything from these next three games. NM played Nevada really close, USU got throttled by Fresno (but so did the lambs). UNLV is about as sure as a victory gets, but we're on the road....

As we've shown so far, we aren't a good team and shouldn't be looking down at anyone. We got our asses kicked by an absolutely terrible csu team. Best case for the year is 4-3, I think it's likely we end up 3-4 or 2-5. Boise isn't going to be pretty. I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything that makes me excited about this season.
Everything said here is truly my thoughts too, this is no gimmie game by any stretch, QB and coach gone by USU, they always give us fits. Nite games might help but hopefully we're READY TO PLAY FOOTBALL, AGAIN....GO POKES
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but we're going to piss pound a bottom level team in a down league. A bottom level team that freaking canned their coach and is down to a 3rd string qb.

If Vigen doesn't have at least a decent gameplan to have a functional offense after 2 weeks to prepare for one of the worst defenses in all of CFB, then he should do the honorable thing and resign.

If this team comes out flat and plays poorly with lots of mistakes after the CSU debacle, the entire staff should resign and cancel the remainder of the games.

Don't give me a cowboy tough line of bs and then lose to the bottom end of the conference. I'm in Bohl's corner even if we aren't competing for the championship every year because his forte is at least be solid. If we go back to below .500 and struggling to compete with MWC dregs, my loyalty will shift for sure.

Pokes piss pound the tags. Let me have it if I'm wrong.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:29 am If Vigen doesn't have at least a decent gameplan to have a functional offense after 2 weeks to prepare for one of the worst defenses in all of CFB, then he should do the honorable thing and resign.
Ha! My guess is he believes he will be able to brute force USU and we'll see lots and lots of a-gap runs. It will probably work, since USU is allowing nearly 5.5 yards a carry and 200+ yds a game. Bohl and Co. have a history of playing down to competition especially early in the year, see Idaho, Tx St, Wofford, Eastern Mich.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

PokeNer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:50 am Bohl and Co. have a history of playing down to competition especially early in the year, see Idaho, Tx St, Wofford, Eastern Mich.
If Bohl is the coach I think he is, the POKES are going to come out firing. The csu loss was nothing short of embarrassing because of how the loss occurred. ANYONE, coach or player, who didn't use these 2 weeks to focus, work, and come out with a damn fire in their belly to redeem a terrible performance needs to be gone PERIOD.

If Bohl is who I think he is, the POKES are going to lay down the gas and not look back. This is different. 2 weeks to stew on that terrible loss better be some damn motivation.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Based on some of the comments of the players, I think the Pokes will be ready to go. CJ Coldon said the Pokes want this one badly.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Hope we get to play all 3 games. My guess is that we don’t. UNLV/CSU cancelled.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 7 times

Our next three opponents are a combined 0-11on the year.
If we don't go 3-0, in spite of 2 being on the road, then this season isn't a throw away year, its a step backwards.
Don't care about injuries or opt outs. Those teams are awful.
I'm not saying that they need to be blow outs, but they have to be W's.