Well, next 3 weeks should make everyone feel better

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

cowpoke pride wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:00 pm Our next three opponents are a combined 0-11on the year.
If we don't go 3-0, in spite of 2 being on the road, then this season isn't a throw away year, its a step backwards.
Don't care about injuries or opt outs. Those teams are awful.
I'm not saying that they need to be blow outs, but they have to be W's.
I agree that we should win the next 3 games and fairly easy. And I think we will. However, I do not believe this season has any bearing on future seasons other than getting players experience without costing them a year. That goes nation-wide. Its just such a weird year and different teams have such different circumstances beyond their control or teams handled these unique situations differently, better and worse, but how they handled this wont have much bearing on a normal year. I am going to discount any team that struggled randomly this year as well as discount a team that was surprisingly good this year. To me its just a write off year. An extra year of practices and exhibition games to keep us entertained. So I don't see this season being a step forward or step back regardless of outcomes.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I haven't followed all the different covid restrictions, but I'm guessing WYO actually has an advantage because we can practice as a whole team and not in groups of 5 or 10. I could be wrong on that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Ah for the love/need for TV money too, play em out and see where the chips may fall, BEAT THE AGGIES
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:28 am I haven't followed all the different covid restrictions, but I'm guessing WYO actually has an advantage because we can practice as a whole team and not in groups of 5 or 10. I could be wrong on that.
To my knowledge everyone in the MWC is able to practice as a team. New Mexico has been living and practicing in Las Vegas for about a month due to the restrictions in Albuquerque.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:02 pm Hope we get to play all 3 games. My guess is that we don’t. UNLV/CSU cancelled.
Sorry guys, I shouldn't have said anything.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:34 am Ah for the love/need for TV money too, play em out and see where the chips may fall, BEAT THE AGGIES
Or not
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

PokeNer wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:35 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:10 am If we go 2-5 with this schedule, I'd probably jump on Wyovania's boat, lol.
I would not be surprised if we lose to NM. Rocky will have no problem game planning to shut down our O. USU will be a toss up, but we have the advantage since it's in Laramie. UNLV should be a win, but it's a road game and we've lost 7 straight away from Laramie (not counting the bowl game).
Told ya. Rocky vs Vigen is like chess vs checkers. f-word offensive mental midget vs one of the best DCs to coach. Nearly 1/3 of our total offense came on 2 plays.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Zee crystal ball tis rarely wrong...lol
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

stymeman wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:00 am Zee crystal ball tis rarely wrong...lol
Haha, to be fair it is 2020. In all honesty I did think we'd win all 3 but, when I made the post I also thought the O would have some struggles (not to the level they actually had against the lobos). However, my other motive was to point out to the Vigen fanboys we were about to face 3 of the worst defenses in CFB in any year. There are no excuses for a dysfunctional offense in those 3 games.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.