Utah St game cancelled

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Just cancel the rest of the season already!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:41 pm
laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:14 pm At this point, I’m with most of you. I’m beginning to think that stopping the season would be appropriate if they’re going to cancel games week to week because of the cold. It’s not really fair to the players. Btw, my older brother tested positive and had some congestion, basically not even a cold.
I'm really biting my tongue right now. If I said what I wanted to say I'm sure I'd be kicked off this board in heartbeat. You've been called out for trivializing this several times before and you just can't stop. I'm pretty sure you also said it was gonna disappear after the election. My mom didn't think it was a big deal either and didn't understand why we were trying to be careful about being around her. Guess what, she just got hauled to the hospital with covid tonight, literally going in and out of consciousness because her oxygen levels were so low. She'd probably be dead already if my brother didn't call the ambulance and she didn't get supplemental oxygen just in the nick of time. I've known 8 people in Cheyenne that have had it already. 3 got sick as f-word, way beyond a normal cold or flu, and now ones hospitalized and might not be out of the woods. That's not a f-word cold!

Why don't you do us all a favor and go back to blaming all the problems on our players and being Vigens biggest fan boy. That's just plain f-word stupid but at least it's harmless.
Go f-word yourself. I bet you use words like “super spreader”

Why are your trivializing the 50k deaths from flu every f-word year? Do their deaths not matter? Do their families not matter either? Its only yours? Why arent you wearing a mask for them? Why arent you calling for everyone’s livelihoods to be destroyed. Some people get things and die, it’s the way the world works. You’re an idiot. People quoting 200k deaths and say “look at the data” might be the worst of all. They clearly aren’t looking at the data. Like 6k from covid only and 99.997%survival rate or is it 99.9997% I can’t remember how many decimals the 9’s go. It’s not bubonic plague, it’s not Spanish flu. Nothing should be closed and games shouldn’t be canceled. Wash your hands
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

CSU are kitty. Nothing new!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:49 am
laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:14 pm At this point, I’m with most of you. I’m beginning to think that stopping the season would be appropriate if they’re going to cancel games week to week because of the cold. It’s not really fair to the players. Btw, my older brother tested positive and had some congestion, basically not even a cold.
I'm really biting my tongue right now. If I said what I wanted to say I'm sure I'd be kicked off this board in heartbeat. You've been called out for trivializing this several times before and you just can't stop. I'm pretty sure you also said it was gonna disappear after the election. My mom didn't think it was a big deal either and didn't understand why we were trying to be careful about being around her. Guess what, she just got hauled to the hospital with covid tonight, literally going in and out of consciousness because her oxygen levels were so low. She'd probably be dead already if my brother didn't call the ambulance and she didn't get supplemental oxygen just in the nick of time. I've known 8 people in Cheyenne that have had it already. 3 got sick as [#]f##k, way beyond a normal cold or flu, and now ones hospitalized and might not be out of the woods. That's not a f##k[#] cold!

Why don't you do us all a favor and go back to blaming all the problems on our players and being Vigens biggest fan boy. That's just plain f##k[#] stupid but at least it's harmless.
Go [#]f##k yourself. I bet you use words like “super spreader”

Why are your trivializing the 50k deaths from flu every f##k[#] year? Do their deaths not matter? Do their families not matter either? Its only yours? Why arent you wearing a mask for them? Why arent you calling for everyone’s livelihoods to be destroyed. Some people get things and die, it’s the way the world works. You’re an idiot. People quoting 200k deaths and say “look at the data” might be the worst of all. They clearly aren’t looking at the data. Like 6k from covid only and 99.997%survival rate or is it 99.9997% I can’t remember how many decimals the 9’s go. It’s not bubonic plague, it’s not Spanish flu. Nothing should be closed and games shouldn’t be canceled. Wash your hands
You're a grade-A scumbag dude.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:49 am Go f-word yourself. I bet you use words like “super spreader”

Why are your trivializing the 50k deaths from flu every f-word year? Do their deaths not matter? Do their families not matter either? Its only yours? Why arent you wearing a mask for them? Why arent you calling for everyone’s livelihoods to be destroyed. Some people get things and die, it’s the way the world works. You’re an idiot. People quoting 200k deaths and say “look at the data” might be the worst of all. They clearly aren’t looking at the data. Like 6k from covid only and 99.997%survival rate or is it 99.9997% I can’t remember how many decimals the 9’s go. It’s not bubonic plague, it’s not Spanish flu. Nothing should be closed and games shouldn’t be canceled. Wash your hands
It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.
-Maurice Switzer

We already know you're a douchebag. You don't need to keep reminding us.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:49 am
I'm really biting my tongue right now. If I said what I wanted to say I'm sure I'd be kicked off this board in heartbeat. You've been called out for trivializing this several times before and you just can't stop. I'm pretty sure you also said it was gonna disappear after the election. My mom didn't think it was a big deal either and didn't understand why we were trying to be careful about being around her. Guess what, she just got hauled to the hospital with covid tonight, literally going in and out of consciousness because her oxygen levels were so low. She'd probably be dead already if my brother didn't call the ambulance and she didn't get supplemental oxygen just in the nick of time. I've known 8 people in Cheyenne that have had it already. 3 got sick as [#]f##k, way beyond a normal cold or flu, and now ones hospitalized and might not be out of the woods. That's not a f##k[#] cold!

Why don't you do us all a favor and go back to blaming all the problems on our players and being Vigens biggest fan boy. That's just plain f##k[#] stupid but at least it's harmless.
Go [#]f##k yourself. I bet you use words like “super spreader”

Why are your trivializing the 50k deaths from flu every f##k[#] year? Do their deaths not matter? Do their families not matter either? Its only yours? Why arent you wearing a mask for them? Why arent you calling for everyone’s livelihoods to be destroyed. Some people get things and die, it’s the way the world works. You’re an idiot. People quoting 200k deaths and say “look at the data” might be the worst of all. They clearly aren’t looking at the data. Like 6k from covid only and 99.997%survival rate or is it 99.9997% I can’t remember how many decimals the 9’s go. It’s not bubonic plague, it’s not Spanish flu. Nothing should be closed and games shouldn’t be canceled. Wash your hands
Damn dude, have some empathy. That's terrible.

It is no secret that I don't believe it is the government's role to institute lockdowns and mask requirements (I believe personal decisions and the private sector are more appropriate ). But to triviliaze the dangers of Covid to the elderly and high risk groups is beyond ridiculous. Our family is certainly having the discussion as to Thanksgiving this year and how we will handle it given the dangers to our elderly family members.

Here is to brighter days, effective treatments/vaccines, and the return to the traditional thanksgiving gatherings.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

I don't think Lax is trivializing the risk to elderly populations. He has said time and time and time again that elderly people should do what is necessary to protect themselves and the healthy should consider their elderly parents or grandparents or whatever.
It seems to me that this last comment was a callout of the blatant hypocrisy people have been brainwashed into here. Why do we treat COVID with more fear than other diseases that have higher death rates? Why do we mortgage the lives of millions of people across the world for our response to this? The response is killing more people than the disease.
Correct me if I'm wrong, Lax, but it seems like his reasoning is very logical and reasonable.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

250,000 Dead despite significant restrictions and shutdowns - that means 0.075% of American residents have died to this outbreak, one where death isn't the only long-term negative outcome. That's also with less than 12 Million who have tested positive... calling it a "cold" is beyond ridiculous. You may have also missed how several states are now at capacity as far as hospitals go, and healthcare workers have been "allowed" to go to work sick because otherwise there'd be a shortage. What do you think happens in those places if they were to completely open up?

But keep comparing apples to oranges and ignore every expert with relevant knowledge and experience... maybe even listen to witch doctors or doctors who are experts in radiology rather than ones who know something about viruses? It's all a conspiracy by the entire rest of the world to hurt the U.S. and our President. I miss the days of conspiracies being about aliens.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:18 pm I don't think Lax is trivializing the risk to elderly populations. He has said time and time and time again that elderly people should do what is necessary to protect themselves and the healthy should consider their elderly parents or grandparents or whatever.
It seems to me that this last comment was a callout of the blatant hypocrisy people have been brainwashed into here. Why do we treat COVID with more fear than other diseases that have higher death rates? Why do we mortgage the lives of millions of people across the world for our response to this? The response is killing more people than the disease.
Correct me if I'm wrong, Lax, but it seems like his reasoning is very logical and reasonable.
We treat COVID with more fear because it is the third leading cause of death in the US. Vehicle accidents, strokes, and suicide COMBINED account for fewer deaths than COVID has in the US. Those are the facts.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Deniers: Covid is a cold.
Fact: Flu is much more deadly than cold, flu kills 50K+ every year.
Also Deniers: why don't we feel bad for those that die from flu, why don't we shut it down and wear masks for them.
Fact: despite shutdown and masks AND distancing, 250K+ have died from Covid. 250>50.
Still Deniers: it's a conspiracy, no one has died from Covid.
Fact: please back up your baseless claim with data... we'll wait.
Deniers: it's a cold... cuz I know a guy that knows a guy that was fine.

When your opinion goes against all the facts, you should probably be able to back it up with more than anecdotes.
Last edited by WestWYOPoke on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:47 pm 250,000 Dead despite significant restrictions and shutdowns - that means 0.075% of American residents have died to this outbreak, one where death isn't the only long-term negative outcome. That's also with less than 12 Million who have tested positive... calling it a "cold" is beyond ridiculous. You may have also missed how several states are now at capacity as far as hospitals go, and healthcare workers have been "allowed" to go to work sick because otherwise there'd be a shortage. What do you think happens in those places if they were to completely open up?

But keep comparing apples to oranges and ignore every expert with relevant knowledge and experience... maybe even listen to witch doctors or doctors who are experts in radiology rather than ones who know something about viruses? It's all a conspiracy by the entire rest of the world to hurt the U.S. and our President. I miss the days of conspiracies being about aliens.
Dude, .075%. like you said, you need to get a grip. That is just not significant enough to shut down the economy and kill our normal lifestyle. There are sooooooooooo many negative effects to lockdowns, school closures, disruptions to businesses, etc.. Yes, it sucks old people are dying, each has loved ones, but the people that are dying are basically near death anyway. Not like them dying would be unexpected in all reality. Again, it sucks, but the negatives FAR outweigh the positive that come from disruption to normal life.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:56 pm
'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:18 pm I don't think Lax is trivializing the risk to elderly populations. He has said time and time and time again that elderly people should do what is necessary to protect themselves and the healthy should consider their elderly parents or grandparents or whatever.
We treat COVID with more fear because it is the third leading cause of death in the US. Vehicle accidents, strokes, and suicide COMBINED account for fewer deaths than COVID has in the US. Those are the facts.
For who is it deadly? It's not deadly for people under 60, and especially for those under 50. Telling people to treat covid with fear is not only misleading, it's reckless. Closing schools and ruining businesses under the pretense that this is a deadly virus to everyone is madness.

Don't believe me - here's the latest CDC statistics - note that of the 230k deaths, 210k are 55 and older. And the vast majority are over 65.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... #the deed
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:20 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:47 pm 250,000 Dead despite significant restrictions and shutdowns - that means 0.075% of American residents have died to this outbreak, one where death isn't the only long-term negative outcome. That's also with less than 12 Million who have tested positive... calling it a "cold" is beyond ridiculous. You may have also missed how several states are now at capacity as far as hospitals go, and healthcare workers have been "allowed" to go to work sick because otherwise there'd be a shortage. What do you think happens in those places if they were to completely open up?

Dude, .075%. like you said, you need to get a grip. That is just not significant enough to shut down the economy and kill our normal lifestyle. There are sooooooooooo many negative effects to lockdowns, school closures, disruptions to businesses, etc.. Yes, it sucks old people are dying, each has loved ones, but the people that are dying are basically near death anyway. Not like them dying would be unexpected in all reality. Again, it sucks, but the negatives FAR outweigh the positive that come from disruption to normal life.
Seriously f-word off. How many years need to be taken off a life before it is a tragedy. I haven't looked in a while but I saw stats that said on average it has taken 10 years off of victims life. That's hardly just people near death.
This is coming from someone that recently recovered and you know what, it was like a bad cold for me but it also laid me pretty low for 5-7 days but nothing too bad but you know what? That still doesn't mean I am going to discount it because I'm not an asshole and can see numbers and know how serious this thing is.

I avoided this board while sports were gone for the exact reason of not wanting to get into these types of arguments here(I argue plenty non-sports over at the MWCboard). I figured it would be alright to venture back here once games started back up. Looks like I'll take off again.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TSpoke wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:35 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:20 pm

Seriously [#]f##k off. How many years need to be taken off a life before it is a tragedy. I haven't looked in a while but I saw stats that said on average it has taken 10 years off of victims life. That's hardly just people near death.
This is coming from someone that recently recovered and you know what, it was like a bad cold for me but it also laid me pretty low for 5-7 days but nothing too bad but you know what? That still doesn't mean I am going to discount it because I'm not an asshole and can see numbers and know how serious this thing is.

I avoided this board while sports were gone for the exact reason of not wanting to get into these types of arguments here(I argue plenty non-sports over at the MWCboard). I figured it would be alright to venture back here once games started back up. Looks like I'll take off again.
You f off, loser. The average age of death is ~80 years old. You think that the increase in innumerable negative things is worth it all. I don't. No disruptions, lockdowns, school closures, etc. will likely save more lives long term. Go back to your echo chamber where no one will disagree with you. You pussy ass snowflake
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Dude. He told a fellow poster on this board, whose mom is fighting for her life, that "people die, just the way things are" without showing an ounce of empathy. If you consider that to be a reasonable reaction, even with possible disagreements about the right policies, then your head is just up his ass.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

I said when the season was announced, "It's not too late for this to be a bad decision."
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Its whatever. I've got more poop to worry about than that right now. I will say though, focusing only on the death rate as many people do is a huge mistake. You could have a death rate of 100 percent, like with creutzfeldt jacob, but with an extremely low infection rate you don't have that many total deaths. Or, you could have a low death rate with an extremely high infection rate and end up with a ton of deaths.

Plus, as others have mentioned, looking only at death rate or number of deaths and ignoring everything else is missing the rest of the story in regards to life expectancy, possible organ damage, etc. A little understanding of nuance goes a long ways in most cases.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

The problem in a nutshell is that people are stupid. The disease could be handled with moderate precautions. People who are susceptible to hospitalization or death and the people around them aren't protecting themselves. It's a good theory but it's not happening. That's reality. It's also reality that hospitals won't turn you away because you didn't protect yourself so healthcare resources are being stretched and overrun in style areas. It's also reality that when healthcare resources are stretched or overrun it is more challenging to deal with all the other "normal" issues (heart attacks, strokes, preterm births, etc.). It is also reality that rampant covid spread threatens workforce availability if too many are too sick all at once which can threaten things like the food supply. You can't simply plug untrained people in many positions in key industries

It is also reality that the economic situation is dire and the response has financially ruined millions leading to countless other problems. It is really that the vast majority will only have minor symptoms from the virus but everyone is impacted by the economic fallout.

Pick your poison.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:04 am The problem in a nutshell is that people are stupid. The disease could be handled with moderate precautions. People who are susceptible to hospitalization or death and the people around them aren't protecting themselves. It's a good theory but it's not happening. That's reality. It's also reality that hospitals won't turn you away because you didn't protect yourself so healthcare resources are being stretched and overrun in style areas. It's also reality that when healthcare resources are stretched or overrun it is more challenging to deal with all the other "normal" issues (heart attacks, strokes, preterm births, etc.). It is also reality that rampant covid spread threatens workforce availability if too many are too sick all at once which can threaten things like the food supply. You can't simply plug untrained people in many positions in key industries

It is also reality that the economic situation is dire and the response has financially ruined millions leading to countless other problems. It is really that the vast majority will only have minor symptoms from the virus but everyone is impacted by the economic fallout.

Pick your poison.
Basically, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!