A QB Away.....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyotex
Buckaroo

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:39 pm Let's be honest, we're not getting a QB "who can throw better." Levi was rated a .846 by 247 sports, one of the highest we've ever had. We managed to snag him as he decommitted from Houston, where I'm sure he would've been successful.

His senior year he had 3200 passing yards and 32 TD passes in 6A High School football in Texas and played as a pro style QB (1100 yards and 7 more TDs than as a junior). There's no way the throwing he's been showing us is the kind of throwing that amasses those stats in Texas.

Hell, the highlights from his junior high school year looks better than ANY throw so far this season except maybe that one missile against Hawaii.
I've seen these numbers posted before for his senior year but where do they come from? I live in the San Antonio area where he played and I'm pretty sure he did not have that kind of year. The 2018-19 year his team (Smithson Valley) did not have a winning record for the first time in 25 years. See the link below from the local paper for team and individual stats. Although they are not "official" they are pretty close. I did notice that in one game the stats are missing but still not enough to make up the difference.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/hig ... Type=Teams
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyotex wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:27 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:39 pm Let's be honest, we're not getting a QB "who can throw better." Levi was rated a .846 by 247 sports, one of the highest we've ever had. We managed to snag him as he decommitted from Houston, where I'm sure he would've been successful.

His senior year he had 3200 passing yards and 32 TD passes in 6A High School football in Texas and played as a pro style QB (1100 yards and 7 more TDs than as a junior). There's no way the throwing he's been showing us is the kind of throwing that amasses those stats in Texas.

Hell, the highlights from his junior high school year looks better than ANY throw so far this season except maybe that one missile against Hawaii.
I've seen these numbers posted before for his senior year but where do they come from? I live in the San Antonio area where he played and I'm pretty sure he did not have that kind of year. The 2018-19 year his team (Smithson Valley) did not have a winning record for the first time in 25 years. See the link below from the local paper for team and individual stats. Although they are not "official" they are pretty close. I did notice that in one game the stats are missing but still not enough to make up the difference.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/hig ... Type=Teams
Weird. It's from his profile on our UWYO's website. I agree, that's really strange, and those completion numbers are atrocious. How on earth was he a highly rated 3-star based on those?