New Mexico

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Looks like game on barring a last minute cancellation.

Poke should win this one going away. NM is down to their 3rd string QB. We should crush them
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

We better. Like I've said we should be 4-2 heading into this game.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Granted it's an exhibition season and lots of injuries, opt outs, etc., but the MWC is a dumpster fire. Hopefully next year is better.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Curious to see if we attempt or are able to develop some rhythm in the passing game against NM. They're the worst passing D, and we need some momentum there going into the Boise Game.

We should absolutely win this game, but I don't expect our offense to trounce them. Their defensive coordinator is light years ahead of our offensive coordinator as a coach, and I suspect he'll bridge at least some of the talent gap by outcoaching Vigen.

If our defense has a good showing and our offense doesn't crap the bed well be fine. If the defense has a bad showing and we turn the ball over a few times on offense, this could be uncomfortably close. Hell, NM could even beat us. That's where we're at as a program after 7 years. On any given day, a few things could implode and we could lose to damn near anyone, especially on the road.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:48 pm If our defense has a good showing and our offense doesn't crap the bed well be fine. If the defense has a bad showing and we turn the ball over a few times on offense, this could be uncomfortably close. Hell, NM could even beat us. That's where we're at as a program after 7 years. On any given day, a few things could implode and we could lose to damn near anyone, especially on the road.
Meh, we've had some crappy things happen this year that are really unprecedented and unpredictable. Almost the whole d line being gone for covid? If we were this thin on the line any other year we'd be losing our minds at how unlucky we had been (i'm personally still baffled by that fact, actually).

What I'm trying to say is that this is exactly what a few big Mizzou fans I talked to this morning told me about us beating them last year. Any given day. And yeah it could happen to us but I don't think this year is one where we look at Bohl and say "wow, 7 years in?", at least in the same way we could if this had been a typical year.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

Could be a hell of a lot worse. Look at Utah State, 2 years ago they were 11-2 and ranked in the Top 25. Today, they are a dumpster fire. No head coach, at best will be 2-5 and they are going to lose a ton of players to transfer. Granted, we aren't winning a conference title this year but it could be much worse.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

What the hell do they teach these recievers and QBs? That first pass should have been an easy PI in the end zone. All he has to do is try to catch the ball. Or stop and let the corner run him over. Instead he grabs the defender and makes no effort to catch the ball or work to the ball. Why on earth would you grab the defender? Wtf are they teaching these guys? Levi can't see the open checkdowm and guns it into double coverage, exactly like Josh used to. This passing game is pathetic.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:55 pm What the hell do they teach these recievers and QBs? That first pass should have been an easy PI in the end zone. All he has to do is try to catch the ball. Or stop and let the corner run him over. Instead he grabs the defender and makes no effort to catch the ball or work to the ball. Why on earth would you grab the defender? Wtf are they teaching these guys? Levi can't see the open checkdowm and guns it into double coverage, exactly like Josh used to. This passing game is pathetic.
Same poop different year. Grant and Vigen need to go. Not only the fundamentals, but why do you throw a fade to a guy that's 5-8, when you have several receivers over 6-4 and TEs that are 6-6??

I'm so sick of this offense, it's demoralizing week in and week out.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

We stink today. Passing game is beyond pathetic
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Listening to Dave Walsh and doofus driving around and from thr sounds of it the Bozos had the ball 11:32 of 1st qtr and hust scored...thax for TOs to only be down 3-7....I'm detecting the Pokes maybe overlooking these Bozos
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

F vigen
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Up the middle, turn it over. Kill me
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:55 pm What the hell do they teach these recievers and QBs? That first pass should have been an easy PI in the end zone. All he has to do is try to catch the ball. Or stop and let the corner run him over. Instead he grabs the defender and makes no effort to catch the ball or work to the ball. Why on earth would you grab the defender? Wtf are they teaching these guys? Levi can't see the open checkdowm and guns it into double coverage, exactly like Josh used to. This passing game is pathetic.

Wyoming will win or lose with a running have as long as Bohl is here.... At least the run game is functional at times. That said...Levi and the receivers are not helping themselves.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Team looks to be regressing to me. Bad offense and bad defense. This is worse then how we played csu only this time against an even worse team.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I feel like we’ll wake up as long as we don’t spot them too many points.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Smith to the house
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Field goals after a to and a big pass, not ideal
W-Y, Until I Die!