3 best wins, 3 worst loses in the Bohl era

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Best wins-
2016 Boise St 30-28 - win against a ranked opponent, first win ever against Boise St
2019 Missouri 37-31 - win against p5 opponent
2016 Colorado St 38-17 - won on the road as a 3 score underdog (if i recall correctly)

Worst loses
2020 New Mexico 17-16 - ended longest losing streak in the country as 3 score favorite
2015 North Dakota 24-13 - trailed FCS opponent 21-0 in the 4th quarter at home
2015 Eastern Michigan 48-29 - gave up 37 points unanswered points to a team hadn't won a road game in 13 years

Am I wrong?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

2016 uNLV loss is up there.

The win in 2016 over ranked SDSU has to be a top three win
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I think the worst loss was to San Jose state in 2017. Josh was hurt, but we gave SJS their only D1 win that year. Most teams beat SJS that year by 30 points or more.

After that, I'd say getting the poop kicked out of us at home by East Michigan in Bohl's second year has to be there. That was Josh's debut. He led us to a TD and then got his collar bone broke. He were losing at the half 38-7 to a team whose only win that year was against us. 3d worst would be csewe this year. A really horrible performance against what is looking like another terrible csewe team.

Best wins were Boise state and csewe in 2016. Maybe not the best win, but a game that was indelible in my mind was beating Air Force in the snow in 2018. Down by 13 in the 4th quarter, TVW had by far his best game in leading us to a comeback win. Austin Conway made a catch that was maybe the best I've ever seen.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:59 pm I think the worst loss was to San Jose state in 2017. Josh was hurt, but we gave SJS their only D1 win that year. Most teams beat SJS that year by 30 points or more.

After that, I'd say getting the Sh#t kicked out of us at home by East Michigan in Bohl's second year has to be there. That was Josh's debut. He led us to a TD and then got his collar bone broke. He were losing at the half 38-7 to a team whose only win that year was against us. 3d worst would be csewe this year. A really horrible performance against what is looking like another terrible csewe team.

Best wins were Boise state and csewe in 2016. Maybe not the best win, but a game that was indelible in my mind was beating Air Force in the snow in 2018. Down by 13 in the 4th quarter, TVW had by far his best game in leading us to a comeback win. Austin Conway made a catch that was maybe the best I've ever seen.
San Jose State is #1 for me
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:59 pm I think the worst loss was to San Jose state in 2017. Josh was hurt, but we gave SJS their only D1 win that year. Most teams beat SJS that year by 30 points or more.

After that, I'd say getting the Sh#t kicked out of us at home by East Michigan in Bohl's second year has to be there. That was Josh's debut. He led us to a TD and then got his collar bone broke. He were losing at the half 38-7 to a team whose only win that year was against us. 3d worst would be csewe this year. A really horrible performance against what is looking like another terrible csewe team.

Oh man...that AFA comeback was magical!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think getting trucked by New Mexico when we could have won the division outright was a huge loss. Losing to eastern Michigan with two pick sixes whatever year that was. San Jose when Captain Kirk didn’t see the most wide open TE ever and throws it back to the other side of the field.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

The Cal Poly loss when Josh got hurt is another one I attended and couldn't believe what I was watching. If it was Eastern Michigan I was there too, can't remember my opponents as clearly as I used to due to Age, #of games attended over the years and loss of brain cells due to tailgates as well, lol