Passing Game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

Williams 59-119(49.6%), 877 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT, 14 sacks
Beerup 2-13 (15.4%), 37 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, 2 sacks

1 TD in an entire season (only 6 games but still) from the “quarterback whisperer”
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

Also the fbs passing defense rankings of our opponents (and what they would’ve been if they didn’t get to feast on us):
Boise 6 - 20
Hawaii 20 - 30
Unlv 58 - 92
Nevada 88 - 90
CSU 89 - 56
UNM 116 - 126 (out of 127)
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Our passing game:
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Take the Nevada game out (first game of the year) and see what the numbers are. Bet they get a LOT worse and shows how bad the QB’s get the longer they play under this coaching staff.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:54 am Take the Nevada game out (first game of the year) and see what the numbers are. Bet they get a LOT worse and shows how bad the QB’s get the longer they play under this coaching staff.
Certainly drops the numbers for Williams and removes our lone TD, but it also kind of ruins the excuse that the reason the passing game was bad was because they didn’t plan on Williams playing this year. If that was the case, why was arguably his best game (had more yards against CSU but also a pick 6) in the one game where they actually could use that excuse? Why did he get significantly worse after that when you’re preparing him as the starter? And if you weren’t preparing Williams to play, why the hell not? Chambers is a great kid that’s won us some big games but he has yet to finish a season. You have to assume you’ll need your backup to play. He’ll make any excuse he can think of to protect vigen but is willing to throw the defense under the bus if they’re not Alabama. If he hasn’t lost the locker room already he will soon
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Haha and to think that some here actually thought that Williams might be better than chambers following the bowl game last year...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:47 pm Haha and to think that some here actually thought that Williams might be better than chambers following the bowl game last year...
I was one of them in terms of maybe being a more complete QB when it’s all said and done but chambers probably the better qb for winning any way possible.

Looking back, we really haven’t had QBs that stunk as unclassmen and became good qbs. Samuels/smith were good (I know it’s hard to compare spread QBs)out of the gate along with josh. Sween showed promise as a young qb but then got married or impregnated someone and never seemed to get better. How many seasons was Stoner a QB?
W-Y, Until I Die!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:23 pm
'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:47 pm Haha and to think that some here actually thought that Williams might be better than chambers following the bowl game last year...
I was one of them in terms of maybe being a more complete QB when it’s all said and done but chambers probably the better qb for winning any way possible.

Looking back, we really haven’t had QBs that stunk as unclassmen and became good qbs. Samuels/smith were good (I know it’s hard to compare spread QBs)out of the gate along with josh. Sween showed promise as a young qb but then got married or impregnated someone and never seemed to get better. How many seasons was Stoner a QB?
Yeah I actualy thought Levi would show out better as a passer this year as well and thought that we could play both of them effectively, even with both on the field at the same time if we felt incredibly creative. I was scared that we would just sit chambers though, and I'm glad we didn't. Just really unlucky and I feel bad for him. I wonder what his plans are from here on out.