Vigen to .... Montana State?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

The guys over on Bobcat Nation seem to think that Vigen is a serious candidate and has interviewed at MSU.
https://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/v ... &start=720
ImageImageImageImage
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Rootin' for him.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I'll help him pack.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Hope he gets hired however............guess who Wyoming plays first next season as OUR season opener............Montana State!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:53 pm Hope he gets hired however............guess who Wyoming plays first next season as OUR season opener............Montana State!!!
Well if he gets hired (PLEASE- HIRE HIM !) then at least the Poke defense will get a breather for that game
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

You can do it, Vigen. Nail those interviews!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:06 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:53 pm Hope he gets hired however............guess who Wyoming plays first next season as OUR season opener............Montana State!!!
Well if he gets hired (PLEASE- HIRE HIM !) then at least the Poke defense will get a breather for that game
Good point. :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

If Vigen is interviewing at Montana State, then that means that Bohl has let his friend know he plans to move on and is giving Vigen time to take another job to save face. The Wyoming OC position had paid roughly 1.5 times the Montana State head coaching position.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:01 pm If Vigen is interviewing at Montana State, then that means that Bohl has let his friend know he plans to move on and is giving Vigen time to take another job to save face. The Wyoming OC position had paid roughly 1.5 times the Montana State head coaching position.
It ain't a good paying job and Bozeman is one of the most expensive places in the Rockies to live. But.. the job comes with a membership to Black Bull!
ImageImageImageImage
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Please football gods let this work out!

It's pretty interesting that Vigen ($400k or maybe $450k/yr) and Matt Lubik ($500k/yr) would take that big of a salary decrease to become a head coach. As mentioned, Bozeman is not a cheap place to live; average listing price is nearly $700k. Wonder if MSU is planning to drastically increase the salary?

Sounds like they have 3-4 finalists, so I'm not going to get too excited.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... c3729.html
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Vigen would be great at MSU!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:01 pm If Vigen is interviewing at Montana State, then that means that Bohl has let his friend know he plans to move on and is giving Vigen time to take another job to save face. The Wyoming OC position had paid roughly 1.5 times the Montana State head coaching position.
Definitely could be. Vigen also receives much of the focus for WYO's struggles (at least as much focus as there is from our softball media). Maybe he's falling on the sword to help Bohl or just really really wants to lead his own ship. With his performance at WYO, he likely will need to take a step down (pay included) in order to land a HC job. Nobody is going to pay him this much to be an OC at the FBS level let alone HC.

Either way I think you are onto something, though. It will be very interesting if he's not hired in Bozenan.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I could actually see him have success as a HC. He seems to have the respect of his players/peers. He just has been unable to get it done here.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

307bball wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:54 am I could actually see him have success as a HC. He seems to have the respect of his players/peers. He just has been unable to get it done here.
Completely agree. Many coordinators don't make good head coaches. I think Vigen is the opposite. Good HC prospect but not necessarily a good coordinator.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

You know, maybe he COULD make it work in a lower level division. It's just that he's in over his head at the higher level the Pokes are in. I'd be rooting for him at MSU.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Matt Lubick pulled out of this job search today. I've heard Mike Riley is also in the mix.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:08 pm Matt Lubick pulled out of this job search today. I've heard Mike Riley is also in the mix.
My guess...it'll be either Riley or Vigen that gets the job. Hopefully Vigen gets it!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Vigen's the highest paid assistant in the MWC and MSU probably pays just about that, I doubt he leaves for that kind of $$, we can hope, but he'll probably be back in 21 just to torment us and our stagnant offense, if he doesn't he'll probably wish he woulda taken it
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

stymeman wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:55 pm Vigen's the highest paid assistant in the MWC and MSU probably pays just about that, I doubt he leaves for that kind of $$, we can hope, but he'll probably be back in 21 just to torment us and our stagnant offense, if he doesn't he'll probably wish he woulda taken it
MSU doesn't pay that great. Here's Choate's salary:
https://www.montanasports.com/sports/bi ... 4206%2C311.
ImageImageImageImage
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

If he does leave does anyone have faith we'll hire a guy that doesn't, "Run, run, run....punt."