Bouknight is the wide receivers coach at Kentucky....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Kentucky looks like a pretty heavy run offense. Wasn't Bouknight the co-offensive coordinator at Utah State?

I know this is wishful thinking because Bohl will look at one of the guys he knows, but Bouknight seems like an up and coming coach, with heavy Denver recruiting ties, and familiarity with balanced/passing offenses.

He certainly can't be anymore predictable than Vigen was.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Eirher Boughknight or Gilmore, I wanna see what Wyoming products can do
https://7220sports.com/who-will-replace ... n-laramie/
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Bouknight could be a possibility, last year he made $320K at Kentucky.

Gilmore however... Unless he REALLY wants to be an OC, there's no way... he made $500K last year.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:16 pm Bouknight could be a possibility, last year he made $320K at Kentucky.

Gilmore however... Unless he REALLY wants to be an OC, there's no way... he made $500K last year.
Yeah, Gilmore might be out of reach although Hazleton was making north of 400 K while he was here.

Even if we use the exact same playbook, whomever the new guy is should be more likely to occasionally pass on first down and use some of the more creative plays in the book.

The problem with Vigen was his reliance on the same plays and his predictability. I still don't know why we have a power running play book and our tight ends aren't going for 100 yards a game on play action. That's not hard to do when you run 70 percent of the time. The tight end is very easy to get open on play action.

I kind of like a young up and comer because I don't think the play book is going to change much, and if that's the case, I want a guy that is going to utilize that play book and NOT be predictable. I want somebody that has something to prove, not some old coach that's got a bunch of tendencies that are easy to predict.

We'll see how this goes, we still need an offensive line coach as well. Hopefully we don't just get a package deal of two guys that Bohl is comfortable with. We need to take advantage of the fresh start on offense.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:06 pm Eirher Boughknight or Gilmore, I wanna see what Wyoming products can do
https://7220sports.com/who-will-replace ... n-laramie/
Good read...I like all the candidates 7220 listed. :thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I would kill to have Bouknight come back to the alma mater. I think he's way too spread oriented for Bohl's liking. He's been with Matt Wells at USU and then Oregon which were both full on spread/hurry-up. Although, it looks like Kentucky runs a very similar offense to Vigen...including statistical rankings.