Call your shot...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

1) Do you think the offensive production has been adequate under Bohl?
2) Do you think Vigen was the biggest factor holding the offense back?
3) Do you think the offense takes a significant step forward in 2021? (this is open to interpretation; I don't think anyone expects a high flying, 50 points a game offense)

Mine:

1) No
2) Yes
3) Yes, particularly in the passing game.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:33 pm 1) Do you think the offensive production has been adequate under Bohl?
3) Do you think the offense takes a significant step forward in 2021? (this is open to interpretation; I don't think anyone expects a high flying, 50 points a game offense)

Mine:

1) No
2) Yes
1. Hell no
2. Yes
3. Yes

I believe it was Vigen who was holding us back.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

1) No

2) We won't know for certain till next year

3) Step forward - Yes. SIGNIFICANT step forward? We won't know until 2) is answered.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:00 pm 1) No

2) We won't know for certain till next year

3) Step forward - Yes. SIGNIFICANT step forward? We won't know until 2) is answered.
Of course we won't know until it happens, but this is about your prediction. Call your shot.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:33 pm 1) Do you think the offensive production has been adequate under Bohl?
No brainer here...anybody that puts their stamp of approval on the offensive production under Bohl needs their head examined.
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:33 pm 2) Do you think Vigen was the biggest factor holding the offense back?
Much more interesting question than number 1. My knee jerk reaction is yes ...
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:33 pm 3) Do you think the offense takes a significant step forward in 2021? (this is open to interpretation; I don't think anyone expects a high flying, 50 points a game offense)
Ahh..prediction time!! I think we have a knockout season next year. I'm really excited. I think the offense is going to be really good. Sometimes a fresh voice...even if the approach does not change much, yields amazing results.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:21 pm
No brainer here...anybody that puts their stamp of approval on the offensive production under Bohl needs their head examined.
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:33 pm 2) Do you think Vigen was the biggest factor holding the offense back?
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:33 pm 3) Do you think the offense takes a significant step forward in 2021? (this is open to interpretation; I don't think anyone expects a high flying, 50 points a game offense)
Ahh..prediction time!! I think we have a knockout season next year. I'm really excited. I think the offense is going to be really good. Sometimes a fresh voice...even if the approach does not change much, yields amazing results.
Hey, we agree! :rofl:
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:26 pm
307bball wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:21 pm
Hey, we agree! :rofl:
haha..of couse we do...We're poke fans aren't we? LOL
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

There have been flashes of competent offensive play, but the overall product has been very poor.
Yes. He called the plays. He ran the offense. He coached the QBs. All of those things were flat out awful.
Yes. Polasek was a QB, and a damn good one. I think he'll find good ways to get our playmakers involved. I also think he'll help Chambers, Williams, and Beerup actually IMPROVE while they're in college. That's probably the thing I want to see the most.

We're still going to be a ball control offense. The difference will be an effective passing game. How many times over the years have we BEGGED for quick slants or screens? Any semblance of a competent passing attack will go a LONG ways.
Last edited by WYO1016 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

DP
Mods please delete
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:11 pm Of course we won't know until it happens, but this is about your prediction.
Predictions are hard. Especially about the future.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Mine:

1) No
2) Yes
Really, is that a question that has to be asked? Outside of 2016, the offense has struggled. No one that watches much football at all would argue that the offense has been great. That said, there were games where the offense wore down the other team and it was fun to watch the team run it down the throat.

No. Bohl is the head coach. The buck stops with him. That is called accountability.

Taking a step forward isn't much of a bar. It would be unlikely that the offense got any worse. I just have a feeling that Sean Chambers is going to stay healthy and put together a 2016 type QB breakout year.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:32 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:11 pm Of course we won't know until it happens, but this is about your prediction.
Lol! That's pretty good.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:42 pm

Mine:

1) No
2) Yes
Really, is that a question that has to be asked? Outside of 2016, the offense has struggled. No one that watches much football at all would argue that the offense has been great. That said, there were games where the offense wore down the other team and it was fun to watch the team run it down the throat.

No. Bohl is the head coach. The buck stops with him. That is called accountability.

Taking a step forward isn't much of a bar. It would be unlikely that the offense got any worse. I just have a feeling that Sean Chambers is going to stay healthy and put together a 2016 type QB breakout year.
Interesting. Since Bohl is still here, you don't expect much advancement on offense unless Chambers stays healthy? A vote that Vigen wasn't holding the team back. Documented.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:25 pm

Mine:

1) No
2) Yes

Interesting. Since Bohl is still here, you don't expect much advancement on offense unless Chambers stays healthy? A vote that Vigen wasn't holding the team back. Documented.
Except nowhere did I state that. I honestly don't understand your propensity to make up poop that noone says. It just makes you look bad and there is no reason for it.

I'll help you understand in the event that you really were confused- I stated that I have a feeling that Sean Chambers stays healthy and has a breakout year. This is pure speculation. So far in his career, Chambers has not stayed healthy. I also stated that taking a step forward is not a high bar (i.e. thereby implying that the state of the offense was pretty bad this past couple of seasons). Nowhere in any of that does it state that the only way the offense improves is if Chambers stays healthy. So please stop making up poop; it serves no purpose.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:25 pm

Mine:

1) No
2) Yes

Sorry Ragtime...that is a bridge too far. Unless somebody says they think Vigen was not holding the team back Iet's not assume that is thier position.

I believe that Vigen was the biggest limiting factor and I laid the blame with CB in another post....Oredigger sees CB as the reason our offense has been soooo bad. Now....I think it is intellectually consistent to imagine the offense taking a leap forward this next year and still believing that CB was to blame for the offensive woes the last four years.

Ultimately the struggles that the program has gone through has a multi-variate reason...your attempts to make the cause uni-variate is a non-starter...I hope that the program and athletic department leadership do not succumb to such reductionist twaddle.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:32 pm
Sounds like something yogi Berra might have said
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:31 pm

:shock:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:46 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:31 pm

:shock:
Like I said, a vote that Vigen was not the one holding the offense back. Documented
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:40 pm ....Oredigger sees CB as the reason our offense has been soooo bad.
It is a management view. Bohl is the sole decision maker. He most likely could have fired Vigen at any time if he believed that Vigen was holding the offense back. He did not do that. Nor should he have been compelled to do that...because ultimately it is his decision and, if he fails to deliver, he is gone.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:40 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:40 pm ....Oredigger sees CB as the reason our offense has been soooo bad.
It is a management view. Bohl is the sole decision maker. He most likely could have fired Vigen at any time if he believed that Vigen was holding the offense back. He did not do that. Nor should he have been compelled to do that...because ultimately it is his decision and, if he fails to deliver, he is gone.
Do you believe the offense will improve because Vigen is gone? Do you think Vigen was limiting the offensive production? Let's try that. Those questions are about Vigen's role/contributions SPECIFICALLY regardless of what CB did/said/ didn't do, etc.