Way too early W/L Football Prediction Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Sept. 4th vs. Montana State
Sept. 11th @ Northern Illinois
Sept. 18th vs. Ball State
Sept. 25th @ Connecticut

Oct. 9th @ AFA
Oct. 16th vs. Fresno State
Oct. 23rd vs. New Mexico
Oct. 30th @ SJSU

Nov. 6 vs. CSewe
Nov. 12th @ Boise State
Nov. 20th @ Utah State
Nov. 27th vs. Hawaii

I think 8 & 4 is about right on, but will put on the B&G glasses for a 10 & 2 record, and MWC championship game against Nevada. I will copy & paste my game by game predictions. GO POKES!!!!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

Sept. 4th vs. Montana State - W
Sept. 11th @ Northern Illinois - L
Sept. 18th vs. Ball State - W
Sept. 25th @ Connecticut - W

Oct. 9th @ AFA - W
Oct. 16th vs. Fresno State - W
Oct. 23rd vs. New Mexico - W
Oct. 30th @ SJSU - W

Nov. 6 vs. CSewe - W
Nov. 12th @ Boise State - W
Nov. 20th @ Utah State - L
Nov. 27th vs. Hawaii - W
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Sept. 4th vs. Montana State -W
Sept. 11th @ Northern Illinois-W
Sept. 18th vs. Ball State-W
Sept. 25th @ Connecticut-W

Oct. 9th @ AFA-L
Oct. 16th vs. Fresno State-W
Oct. 23rd vs. New Mexico-W
Oct. 30th @ SJSU-L

Nov. 6 vs. CSewe-W
Nov. 12th @ Boise State-L
Nov. 20th @ Utah State-W
Nov. 27th vs. Hawaii-W

9-3! hopefully, but 10-2. 6-6 at worst
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

After Covid f'd us out of our best home schedule in years and forced a bunch of key players to opt out, while the injury gods took our starting qb after 3 snaps: I would say we're overdue for some good luck.

I'm going to say 11-2. We'll lose to Joser and Boise on the road and win the MWC championship game.

That's me being hopeful.

Me being realistic: I would say 9-3 with a loss to AFA as well, no title game, and another year of misery in the books.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:00 pm After Covid f'd us out of our best home schedule in years and forced a bunch of key players to opt out, while the injury gods took our starting qb after 3 snaps: I would say we're overdue for some good luck.

I'm going to say 11-2. We'll lose to Joser and Boise on the road and win the MWC championship game.

That's me being hopeful.

Me being realistic: I would say 9-3 with a loss to AFA as well, no title game, and another year of misery in the books.
I say the Cowboys win the title someway, somehow. Boise lost their coach and I think the Pokes beat them on the road. Covid did a number on several teams but it seems it gave UW a double dose.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The only thing I'm deducing right now is that if the record is 7-5 or worse, then in the previous years Bohl had more to do with the record than Vigen.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times

2 things Bohl has been unable to do: 1) field an offense and 2) win consistently on the road.

Trend says we lose at least 3 on the road. Home slate doesn't look too daunting; winning most or all of those isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I'm going 8-4 with minor offensive improvement.

If the offense makes a decent jump forward AND defensive production is similar to previous years, I'm thinking we'll be 10-2.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah, a lot depends on how the new OC does, and whatever new stuff he brings in compared to what left.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Conference championship.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

7-5. Losses to AF, Northern Illinois, Utah State, SJ, and Boise.

I wish I had the optimism some of you guys show year in and year out on these things. Seems like every year a significant portion of our fans think we're gonna win 10 games. I just don't get that.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bullbugle307 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:01 pm 7-5. Losses to AF, Northern Illinois, Utah State, SJ, and Boise.

I wish I had the optimism some of you guys show year in and year out on these things. Seems like every year a significant portion of our fans think we're gonna win 10 games. I just don't get that.
One of these years we’ll be right! Ha ha
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:01 pm 7-5. Losses to AF, Northern Illinois, Utah State, SJ, and Boise.

Hey! No! No worry-warting until the first game and the other team gets points on the board!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I think everything about this year's record is on the new OC. Is it reasonable to expect him to work miracles right out of the gate? No. Realistically, I think it would still be a major success if it took a couple of years to be top 50 in offense.

But I'm still completely convinced 10-2 is possible this season. Winning @ Boise will be really freaking difficult, but if we get offense, anything is possible! Also, we always lose at least one we should've had.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

Sept. 4th vs. Montana State W
Sept. 11th @ Northern Illinois W
Sept. 18th vs. Ball State W
Sept. 25th @ Connecticut W

Oct. 9th @ AFA L
Oct. 16th vs. Fresno State W
Oct. 23rd vs. New Mexico W
Oct. 30th @ SJSU L

Nov. 6 vs. CSewe W
Nov. 12th @ Boise State L
Nov. 20th @ Utah State W
Nov. 27th vs. Hawaii W

I see a lot of people calling for an L at NIU. They went 0-6 last year and are still in a state of rebuild. I think Ball State will be a tough one, but a close win at home. AFA, Joser, and the Smurfs are all going to be a tough out, but everything else is winnable. I'm excited for the new offense and the potential there.
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

Pokes return a lot of talent with QB viability the biggest question mark.

I think we struggle in our first three games as we find our offensive identity and knock off some cobwebs. I think a loss to Ball State is a bigger possibility than NIU. FWIW, Athlon has the Cats ranked 8th in FCS.

With two weeks to prepare for the AFA, I think we come out on top.

Boise on the road will be tough mentally after the Border War.

Utah State will be a tough second road game after CSU and Boise the two weeks prior.

Best case scenario I see us losing two road games (Boise/Utah State) and one home game (Ball State or Fresno) for a 9-3 record.

Worst case scenario (with my brown and gold glasses) I see an 8-4 record.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I didn’t realize Ball State was so good last year. That will be a tough game.

We better spank MT State or I will be discouraged
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Deepest team since I started following the Pokes in the mid 90s. I honestly think this team can win 10 regular season games and that’s where I have them.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

I’ve never predicted 10 wins that I can recall since maybe about 2005 coming off the UCLA win. I honestly believe that 10 is a realistic goal this year. The depth is there like never before (crossing my fingers to avoid the injury bug).
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:18 pm I didn’t realize Ball State was so good last year. That will be a tough game.

We better spank MT State or I will be discouraged
Montana State will have more insight into our team. If Vigen can’t find a way to keep it semi-close (3 TDs) then he really isn’t much of a coach.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:47 pm ... then he really isn’t much of a coach.
Something we already know.