Charles Hicks is leaving.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Hicks is going to have to sit out a year, too. Really a head scratcher of a move.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:32 am Hicks is going to have to sit out a year, too. Really a head scratcher of a move.
Either something happened at WYO (being forced to leave), he's taking his ball and going home (losing starting job), or there was some underhanded SEC recruiting going on.

Fact is that the SEC is far more prestigious than the MWC. Maybe he had the opportunity to play on a bigger stage and decided it was the right thing for him? Maybe he wanted to play at the highest level he could achieve in case he didn't make the NFL?

Who knows?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:08 am
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:32 am Hicks is going to have to sit out a year, too. Really a head scratcher of a move.
Either something happened at WYO (being forced to leave), he's taking his ball and going home (losing starting job), or there was some underhanded SEC recruiting going on.

Fact is that the SEC is far more prestigious than the MWC. Maybe he had the opportunity to play on a bigger stage and decided it was the right thing for him? Maybe he wanted to play at the highest level he could achieve in case he didn't make the NFL?

Who knows?
Yeah, definitely an odd move at this time of year. That's why I was leaning towards it being asked to leave, but who knows really.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

This looks to me like he already got paid before he left. He spent the last few days in Hawaii with his girlfriend. I dont know his financial situation but I do know what it costs for 2 people to go to Hawaii for a vacation.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:48 am This looks to me like he already got paid before he left. He spent the last few days in Hawaii with his girlfriend. I dont know his financial situation but I do know what it costs for 2 people to go to Hawaii for a vacation.
He was IN Hawaii?!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: The governor there has been telling people aka tourists to stay AWAY from Hawaii due to the rising amount of COVID cases there.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Is his girlfriend going to UW? Maybe she is going to Missou.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.