Our offense blows

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

So it’s Bohl. Time to move on folks
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

That is likely the case. They do have an outside shot of turning it around. What didn’t Levi play? Maybe he plays some and Sean focuses on 3rd and shorts? Neyor, Welch, and Brown look like good young players. Our o-line is overrated.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Our offense was fine in the fourth quarter. Once again, when we were playing catch-up.
We were actually able to complete passes, though, which is a big improvement.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The late FCS season due to covid seems to be an advantage as well. Looking at Washington and Montana.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:47 pm The late FCS season due to covid seems to be an advantage as well. Looking at Washington and Montana.
Montana and Montana state didn't play in the spring like other FCS schools... they haven't played since fall 2019.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:01 pm
marcuswyo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:47 pm The late FCS season due to covid seems to be an advantage as well. Looking at Washington and Montana.
Montana and Montana state didn't play in the spring like other FCS schools... they haven't played since fall 2019.
Montana did play two games last spring and won both. Montana State, as you said, did not.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:04 pm
Montana did play two games last spring and won both. Montana State, as you said, did not.
Nice catch...I knew they weren't doing like other FCS schools and playing a full spring schedule... forgot that Montana got in a couple.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:06 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:04 pm
Nice catch...I knew they weren't doing like other FCS schools and playing a full spring schedule... forgot that Montana got in a couple.
The Grizzlies destroyed both Central Washington and Portland State in mid-April.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

One thing that has really bugged me is that for a power running team, we've had an amazingly tough time converting on 3rd and short over the past couple of years.

It completely undercuts the effectiveness of the run-first mentality. The idea is that by the end of the game, the other team is exhausted and you're imposing your will.

I'm guessing it is because they're stacking the box and we're running right into it, and can't overcome the numbers.

If they can get this figured out, the offense will start to kick into gear.