Poke fans have to feel good about the Boot coming

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

back to Laramie after the way the ewes have played the last couple of games.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Did you see our first 2 games?

We’re 2-0, but I ain’t about to pencil in any W’s. Especially a rivalry game.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

The sheep suck pretty bad
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Subcanis wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:10 pm Did you see our first 2 games?

This. They could be 0-8, we could be 8-0, and it will always be a helluva game.

That, and I am way to cautious of a WYO fan to lock in W's or talk poop, before the fat lady sings. I have watched too many WYO football games in my life...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:16 am

That, and I am way to cautious of a WYO fan to lock in W's or talk Sh#t, before the fat lady sings. I have watched too many WYO football games in my life...
Agreed, CSU stank last year and they steamrolled Wyo for the boot. A lot can happen between now and then. I will say I am feeling pretty good about this weekends game but that is as far as I go.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 12 times

I agree. Take nothing for granted.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:03 am I agree. Take nothing for granted.
But still Wyo appears to have a more talented team at this point. Naturally, injuries can always play a part as to how the season finishes.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

We were better and more talented on paper last year too, and though we did have QB injuries, that shouldn't have mattered. We got clowned anyway.

Being cocky about the Border War before we've won it looks rather dumb, given the history of the series. Hell, there's been plenty of times where we've been the awful team that somehow brought the boot home too.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:48 pm We were better and more talented on paper last year too, and though we did have QB injuries, that shouldn't have mattered. We got clowned anyway.

Being cocky about the Border War before we've won it looks rather dumb, given the history of the series. Hell, there's been plenty of times where we've been the awful team that somehow brought the boot home too.
Agreed. I think it was 2010 when Wyoming was terrible and had lost 6 straight games...yet somehow upset CSU 44-0.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:40 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:48 pm We were better and more talented on paper last year too, and though we did have QB injuries, that shouldn't have mattered. We got clowned anyway.

Agreed. I think it was 2010 when Wyoming was terrible and had lost 6 straight games...yet somehow upset CSU 44-0.
But still I think one can look at CSU's current state of affairs in football and get a warm fuzzy feeling. Right now the ewes are playing horribly and their fan base is at a huge low. No, these things does assure a UW win but things are tilting in UW's favor right now.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

We are Wyoming we sometimes play up to our competition but most cases play down especially when it has big game implications. We shall see, hopefully we have it truly rollin and the sheep continue to suck
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

That, and I am way to cautious of a WYO fan to lock in W's or talk Sh#t, before the fat lady sings. I have watched too many WYO football games in my life...
You guys need to follow the SEC model. The SEC starts putting their rival down long before the season even starts. Never give your rival an even break, whether they deserve one or not! It's just that simple.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Cowboys should roll, but nothing is a guarantee in the Border War.
52-56
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:46 am

You guys need to follow the SEC model. The SEC starts putting their rival down long before the season even starts. Never give your rival an even break, whether they deserve one or not! It's just that simple.
Trust me, it isn't an SEC model - UW has been circling the CSewe date for as long as I have been alive. And I am old AF.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 12 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:40 am

Rivalry games can go in anyone's favor. But I agree.