3-0 Baby!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

And a chance to go 4-0 for the first time since ‘96

Finally got a complete game like this team is capable of.

Sean looked the best I’ve seen. He is really getting into a rhythm.

They couldn’t guard Neyor. He’s very good. TEs were a weapon and are finally being used like they should!

D played well. Coverage was exceptional. D line really showed up. Wreaked havoc.

Great team win go pokes
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

If we were 0-3, there would be 25 posts on this thread by now.😂 Keep rolling Pokes!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

phxpoke wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 am If we were 0-3, there would be 25 posts on this thread by now.😂 Keep rolling Pokes!
True story!

This is the most complete team since ‘96 IMO as well. The 2016 team had some amazing players but big holes.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Team really showed what they were capable of yesterday. Four solid quarters of ball, defense looked great, Chambers is finding his rhythm and his confidence keeps growing. Only thing that's concerned me in all 3 games is kick coverage. A lot of close calls on returns, need to get that sorted out before it bites us in a close game.

Also, talk about a beautiful day in Laradise yesterday. Absolutely beautiful weather.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I picked a great game to go to. Disappointing that only 23k made it with that great weather.
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:56 pm I picked a great game to go to. Disappointing that only 23k made it with that great weather.
Still, not terrible either.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

3-0 which is great. Against not the greatest of competition. Montana St. Is the best team we have beaten so far. They are destroying their competition so far in FCS. They may be a top 5 FCS team so I think they are legit.

Glad to be 3-0 though and we will be 4-0 after next week as UConn is the worst team we will have played. Will be interesting to see how we do against Air Force and if we win then we will be 5-0 coming home to play a 5-1 top 20 Fresno St. team in Laramie.

That will be a real tough game. Watched them against UCLA last night. Best team I have seen so far from the MWC. Their QB is a stud. Would be a huge win if we could knock them off at home.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Solomon Byrd looks to be back in prime form. He is fast and covers a lot of ground. Special player. Pate is good too. A couple young stud DEs
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Been liked: 16 times

Was just looking at the polls, and we actually got 1 vote in the AP poll. I wonder which AP voter put us in.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

I'm still sticking with "I think this team doesn't start peaking until October". The schedule is perfect this year and this looks to be a really complete team. The POKES should be a tough out for anyone.

The offense is looking much better and they are still leaving some plays out there. With a better than usual MWC, this should be a fun year to watch!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Rich K
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:28 pm 3-0 which is great. Against not the greatest of competition. Montana St. Is the best team we have beaten so far. They are destroying their competition so far in FCS. They may be a top 5 FCS team so I think they are legit.

Glad to be 3-0 though and we will be 4-0 after next week as UConn is the worst team we will have played. Will be interesting to see how we do against Air Force and if we win then we will be 5-0 coming home to play a 5-1 top 20 Fresno St. team in Laramie.

That will be a real tough game. Watched them against UCLA last night. Best team I have seen so far from the MWC. Their QB is a stud. Would be a huge win if we could knock them off at home.
That's very complimentary about Montana State and probably true. We won't know how good the Bobcats are for another month or so. The two big victories were over Pioneer League teams and the Pioneer League is kind of like the Sun Belt of FCS. Big Sky action begins in earnest this weekend but the Bobcats should have no trouble with undisciplined Portland State. Bobcats could be 5-1 before they are actually challenged in Big Sky play. MSU v Weber state on a Friday night ESPNU game will be a good barometer of how good they are.

I agree with the view of Fresno. They beat a UCLA team that deserved the #20 rating, and they ought to start showing up in the top 25. Great that Wyoming is getting some points in the poll, but it'll take a couple more victories to actually get noticed.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

3-0 cheers to this! Hopefully we get to 4-0.

On the other side, 3-0 makes Bohl look like a genius lol.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

phxpoke wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 am If we were 0-3, there would be 25 posts on this thread by now.😂 Keep rolling Pokes!
I guarantee I'd be posting more if Pokes were 0-3. Need to grind that anti-Burman axe. :lol:
52-56
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 60 times

jessejames02 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:53 pm
I guarantee I'd be posting more if Pokes were 0-3. Need to grind that anti-Burman axe. :lol:
If we were O-3...I would definitely be dusting off my tired takes about how college football is rigged against the smaller market schools ... but that is not where we are at.....so far:
  • Struggled out of the gate at home but prevailed against perhaps a very good Montana team.
  • Started strong on the road and then went to sleep on the road against a not very good NIU team.
  • Dominated wire to wire at home vs an average (maybe) Ball St team.
The meat and potatoes of this years schedule is still ahead of us. These first four games are as close to a pre-season type schedule as I have ever seen at Wyoming.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Prime opportunity to start 4-0, obviously somehting has to go drastically wrong if we don't get to 4-0 with the perfect bye week to get 2 weeks to prep for AFA... I am dreaming of a 5-0 start with Fresno coming into Laramie
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Been liked: 16 times

Tom Murphy from Arkansas was the AP voter who gave us our vote: https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/14 ... %2F3229776
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

WyomingAgJ wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:48 pm Tom Murphy from Arkansas was the AP voter who gave us our vote: https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/14 ... %2F3229776
Thanks to Tom! More next week hopefully.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

So is it pretty conclusive that Vigen was an issue? After the 1st game, a good chunk of the board wanted Bohl fired. Ah sports, that’s why we like them.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:00 pm So is it pretty conclusive that Vigen was an issue? After the 1st game, a good chunk of the board wanted Bohl fired. Ah sports, that’s why we like them.
Seems like it. And I’m guilty as sin for being a prisoner of the moment so shame on me, but I do wonder what the hell we were doing against mt. state
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 60 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:07 pm
laxwyo wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:00 pm So is it pretty conclusive that Vigen was an issue? After the 1st game, a good chunk of the board wanted Bohl fired. Ah sports, that’s why we like them.
Seems like it. And I’m guilty as sin for being a prisoner of the moment so shame on me, but I do wonder what the hell we were doing against mt. state
Man...I would not feel too bad for being pessimistic after that Mt state game. Betting on success when things don't look good at Wyoming is a good way to go broke ... Heck, betting on success in general would break you. LOL. I was a shameless "look at the bright side fan" from the early '90s up through the Glenn era....I'm cynical and jaded now...oh well. I still enjoy the victories. :whistle: