Your thoughts on conference realignment rumors?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

What are your thoughts on the rumors of CSU and AFA to the AAC? I have a hard time believing it. Financially, it just doesn't seem to make sense. The next AAC television contract is almost certainly going to be worse, with the departure of Houston, UCF and Cincinnati. Travel costs will be significantly higher. Then there is the exit fee from the MWC. Add in the non-financial factors. Maybe it doesn't matter as much for AFA, but for CSU, trading good longstanding regional rivalries for a bunch of schools that no one in Colorado cares about? I just don't get it.

Do you think it will happen?

If it does happen, who should the MWC backfill with, if anyone?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Please keep this poop off this board. The CSU and AF to AAC is complete poop. Made up fiction.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

I think it's ridiculous and honestly I wouldn't be upset too much if they blew up the whole FBS, FCS system and started from scratch.
52-56
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:05 pm Please keep this Sh#t off this board. The CSU and AF to AAC is complete [#]sh#t. Made up fiction.
I find it implausible and the source is someone who I have never heard of. Matt Brown out of Chicago?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

sandiegopoke wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:17 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:05 pm Please keep this Sh#t off this board. The CSU and AF to AAC is complete [#]sh#t. Made up fiction.
I find it implausible and the source is someone who I have never heard of. Matt Brown out of Chicago?
It would be pure gold entertainment to watch CSewe in their new AAC conference...pure gold. Maybe they would be more competitive against the dregs of the AAC than being in the MWC though...so there is that! LOLOLOLOLOL

:rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Steamboat
Buckaroo

Any conference who seriously entertains the idea of adding CSU hasn't done their homework. Denver CSU alumni are vocal, but have no influence to sway a decision. CSU ONLY has a heavily stadium debt and they add nothing to a conference, except a whiny fan base.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Steamboat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:44 am Any conference who seriously entertains the idea of adding CSU hasn't done their homework. Denver CSU alumni are vocal, but have no influence to sway a decision. CSU ONLY has a heavily stadium debt and they add nothing to a conference, except a whiny fan base.
I'm with you, Steamboat. The Sheep have a high opinion of themselves and their program - but few others share that opinion. If the head to the AAC, they will lose regional rivalries and games, which their "fans" already don't attend - and replace those games with gripping battles against SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, South Florida, Temple and East Carolina.

Go on ahead Sheep...take the plunge. Idiots.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Everyone needs to get away from the old cable tv model when evaluating moves/tv contracts. Quantity and markets aren't nearly as relevant any longer. The G5 is mostly worthless for TV. Our past contracts were negotiated in the old cable tv format. The next round will not be as kind. Perhaps the long-term deal of the aac delays the inevitable decline in tv revenue which makes them somewhat appealing. Perhaps the departures re-opens their contract making them less appealing because the precipitous drop will occur faster?

The future of college football TV and thus revenue is P5 and marquee matchups. Make no mistake, the G5 may still have a role in warmup games, but we won't move the needle on TV contracts. The ties made for cable TV will be undone and the next era of entertainment money will take over. Likely, none of us can predict how big of shift this will be, but there is little doubt it won't be good for the G5.

Back to my original take on all of this, f-word it. Who cares? Not one thing that can be done except win the games that are on the schedule. Teams like csu are delusional that they can remain relevant without a P5 invite--not going to happen.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Whoa. Sorry guys. I meant no disrespect. The question was getting some serious attention over at USUFans.com, so I thought I'd come over here and get your take, especially since CSU is your primary rival in the conference (I wish it was USU, but it's hard to overcome as much history as you two have.). I didn't mean to start anything. And I probably jumped the gun. I guess it's looking highly unlikely that this turns into something.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LKGates wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:15 am
Whoa. Sorry guys. I meant no disrespect. The question was getting some serious attention over at USUFans.com, so I thought I'd come over here and get your take, especially since CSU is your primary rival in the conference (I wish it was USU, but it's hard to overcome as much history as you two have.). I didn't mean to start anything. And I probably jumped the gun. I guess it's looking highly unlikely that this turns into something.

You don't need to apologize. You always come to the board respectfully to congratulate us or tell us good game. Post whatever you want. I would rather read your posts than his.

Don't worry about what that narcissist tells you to do. This isn't his board. He just has an over inflated opinion about his own importance.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Shots fired.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

My post didn’t have anything to do with you. Of course you’re welcome. It had everything to do with social media spreading a non-existent made up story.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Old-Bull wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:16 am

You don't need to apologize. You always come to the board respectfully to congratulate us or tell us good game. Post whatever you want. I would rather read your posts than his.

Don't worry about what that narcissist tells you to do. This isn't his board. He just has an over inflated opinion about his own importance.
No need for that but you’re certainly entitled to your own opinion.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:27 am
Old-Bull wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:16 am

No need for that but you’re certainly entitled to your own opinion.
No need for that, but blasting a very respectful poster for posting something completely relevant to Wyoming and the MWC because "you" don't believe it.....that's necessary.

Got it. :thumb:
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:57 am Back to my original take on all of this, [#]f##k it. Who cares? Not one thing that can be done except win the games that are on the schedule. Teams like csu are delusional that they can remain relevant without a P5 invite--not going to happen.
I agree that if you are Wyoming or any MWC team not named Boise St or SDSU... there is not much that can be done. I definitely don't take the "who cares" stance though. There is still room for us to maneuver in the upcoming landscape.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

307bball wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:22 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:57 am Back to my original take on all of this, [#]f##k it. Who cares? Not one thing that can be done except win the games that are on the schedule. Teams like csu are delusional that they can remain relevant without a P5 invite--not going to happen.
I agree that if you are Wyoming or any MWC team not named Boise St or SDSU... there is not much that can be done. I definitely don't take the "who cares" stance though. There is still room for us to maneuver in the upcoming landscape.
I don't disagree, but, imo, the MWC has both been too reactive and not reactive enough in the past. In the current scenario, we need to evaluate where college football and college sports is going not where it has been. Bolstering Bball makes a lot of sense, imo. I'm not convinced the TV money will be there regardless of football teams, but we'll see.

What is clear to me is that Wyoming has no room to maneuver other than voice an opinion on the direction of the MWC, and, at the end of the day, that voice won't matter much unless the conference is raided.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

As the parity shrinks, I watch less and less college football. Is 3/4 of the country going to watch SEC football exclusively? No. My only hope is that as college football dies, something else emerges. All pro sports have mechanisms for parity. I wish the NCAA had actual power to do something.
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I keep seeing headlines about the AAC inviting CSU, BSU and AFA...I don't really get it from BSU and AFA but would CSU jump due to the financial straights they are in? I mean, the long term revenue possibilities for the AAC don't seem to be much different than the current MWC but at the moment they are higher right?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

307bball wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:00 am I keep seeing headlines about the AAC inviting CSU, BSU and AFA...I don't really get it from BSU and AFA but would CSU jump due to the financial straights they are in? I mean, the long term revenue possibilities for the AAC don't seem to be much different than the current MWC but at the moment they are higher right?
CSU and Fort Collins in general have a superiority complex. They think they're better than their peers, even though they're clearly not.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

CSU fans are truly delusional. They thik they are the poop in all things. It's comical. They probably have a bunch of east coast douches running their school so it wouldn't surprise me to see them leave, I guess. It would be hilarious to see them in a conference with a bunch of eastern small private schools and commuter schools they have nothing in common with. Hilarious they are even considering. Would not care one iota if AFA left.