Chambers….

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Up and down. I don’t know what to think of him. But the pokes will only go as far as he takes them. He has to hit the wide open guys. No excuses. SMH.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

What's his record as a starting qb? I know someone has it off hand... He just finds ways to win. I agree it can be frustrating in the first half but he always comes up big when we need a first down.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I'm officially over Chambers. Hes not good at throwing a football. That means he has to be a game manager. A game manager can't make that many bad reads or chuck up a prayer into double coverage.

Bad passing and bad decisions won't win a MWC title. I think its time to give someone else a chance.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

I think he’s 13-4 but not sure those are all as starter.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:55 pm I'm officially over Chambers. Hes not good at throwing a football. That means he has to be a game manager. A game manager can't make that many bad reads or chuck up a prayer into double coverage.

Bad passing and bad decisions won't win a MWC title. I think its time to give someone else a chance.
dude is a winner though. He must inspire
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:21 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:55 pm I'm officially over Chambers. Hes not good at throwing a football. That means he has to be a game manager. A game manager can't make that many bad reads or chuck up a prayer into double coverage.

He does win a lot of games.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'll give him some more time - he may still be recovering from Vigenitis. His throwing is so incredibly uneven in quality from down to down... he threw behind several receivers and his interceptions were awful, especially considering he had a wide open receiver for 15 yards on the first one instead of triple coverage or whatever it was. But his TD throw was awesome, and he threaded the needle more than once as well.

Hopefully he'll get the bad ones out of his system soon.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:00 pm I'll give him some more time - he may still be recovering from Vigenitis. His throwing is so incredibly uneven in quality from down to down... he threw behind several receivers and his interceptions were awful, especially considering he had a wide open receiver for 15 yards on the first one instead of triple coverage or whatever it was. But his TD throw was awesome, and he threaded the needle more than once as well.

We were spoiled with Josh being able to sling it 60 yds off his back foot. Sean does not have close to an arm to make those throws leaning into it. Sean needs to stick to the intermediate 25-35 yd range and put it up for Neyor and Eberhardt. Those 2 receivers know how to high point a ball and make a catch if it is put in their range.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:14 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:00 pm I'll give him some more time - he may still be recovering from Vigenitis. His throwing is so incredibly uneven in quality from down to down... he threw behind several receivers and his interceptions were awful, especially considering he had a wide open receiver for 15 yards on the first one instead of triple coverage or whatever it was. But his TD throw was awesome, and he threaded the needle more than once as well.

We were spoiled with Josh being able to sling it 60 yds off his back foot. Sean does not have close to an arm to make those throws leaning into it. Sean needs to stick to the intermediate 25-35 yd range and put it up for Neyor and Eberhardt. Those 2 receivers know how to high point a ball and make a catch if it is put in their range.
I completely agree. And since both Swen and X know how to catch the ball, we have several home run threats even on shorter throws.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Stats are for losers.

I’m just going to leave that here.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I’m not down on Chambers. I think the whole team came out flat today because they thought since they were favored by 30 points they could just show up and win.

We have had way worse QB’s than Chambers before, so not that worried about that part of the team yet.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:11 pm I’m not down on Chambers. I think the whole team came out flat today because they thought since they were favored by 30 points they could just show up and win.

We have had way worse QB’s than Chambers before, so not that worried about that part of the team yet.
This is a true statement!

Nick Smith
Cameron Coffman
Colby Kirkegaard
Tyler Vander Waal

...just to call out a few.

However, Sean cannot rely on his legs as much anymore and needs to work on his arm.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

If we could get the good Chambers to be more consistent, that would be a boon all around. His arm isn't as big as Allen's, which all things considered, not many are, but he's shown he can hit some pretty big passes. He just needs to examine the field more to find those open guys.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times

I was cold on him a couple seasons ago. I really like him now. I see improvement. Maybe not on the numbers, but I trust him.

100% he is WYO.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

He is a poor man's Tim Tebow. He throws like a fullback and runs like a fast fullback. UW is going to get killed by the decent teams on the schedule if they keep treating him like Mr Glass.

This staff has proven they ruin every kids mechanics while they play for them. Chambers has all the same problems every other quarterback has had under Bohl. Is anyone really surprised all the quarterbacks on the roster suck ass at passing?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

He doesn't consistently set a solid base which gets his throws off. His arm strength is adequate when throwing out of a good base. You can tell he's thinking about running while also making his reads and often his throwing platform is somewhere between running and throwing. Biggest problem with dual threats, imo.

His reads are mostly ok but he does miss quite a bit.

His record is good but he'll have to play better and smarter to get wins against teams like boise or fresno.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:24 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:21 pm

He does win a lot of games.
We are 12-2 in games where he plays more than a half (to include Nevada game in 2019). Losses to Tulsa and San Diego state that easily could have gone the other way with a few plays.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

DVDA wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:13 am He is a poor man's Tim Tebow. He throws like a fullback and runs like a fast fullback. UW is going to get killed by the decent teams on the schedule if they keep treating him like Mr Glass.

This staff has proven they ruin every kids mechanics while they play for them. Chambers has all the same problems every other quarterback has had under Bohl. Is anyone really surprised all the quarterbacks on the roster suck A$$ at passing?
Don't know what game you're watching but there are very few qb's that have great mechanics and make good decisions consistently. I was watching CU last night. Going back to their first game, they had 25 straight possessions without scoring. It's not easy finding a 1st rate qb.
Look at the teams we played this year. Not one had an accurate passing qb. Chambers has made big time throws this year - into tight windows and sometimes with great touch. And we better keep treating him like Mr. Glass. If he gets hurt, we've got nothing behind him. We saw what our future looks like without Chambers last year and it was ugly.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I go back and forth here... he wins a lot of games, but who have we played this year?

Are they saving his running ability for conference games?? He is best when he is on the move, designed runs, roll outs etc.

The coaching staff wants to win and Levi hasn't sniffed a competitive snap this year... What does that say about him?
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

He needs to relax. To miss that wide open of guys and to overthrow them by a mile is just mind blowing. But in saying that, he is the best we have. Pokes are gonna have a lot of close games the rest of the year so lets hope that he settles down.