AFA Matchup

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

PokeNer wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:17 pm I have no volume, but why in the f-word don’t we kick the FG there? You have to have 10 to extend it
I think they have issues with snapper.
W-Y, Until I Die!
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Wondering what Sawell was preparing for all week. Our D was not good in this one.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

These officials are pathetic.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:18 pm
PokeNer wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:17 pm I have no volume, but why in the [#]f##k don’t we kick the FG there? You have to have 10 to extend it
I think they have issues with snapper.
I know that was the previous excuse…but who cares at that point? What’s the odds of getting 14 to win in under 2 minutes???
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

We honestly should be diving at their legs on everyone of these last plays
W-Y, Until I Die!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Muma and our secondary had a rough game. As did our oline.

Officials were garbage but so were we.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We've seen the game plan. Stuff the run and make Chambers beat you through the air. He's going to have to play a lot better than tonight or it will turn into a really long year.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:48 pm We've seen the game plan. Stuff the run and make Chambers beat you through the air. He's going to have to play a lot better than tonight or it will turn into a really long year.
Absolutely true.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I guess I'm just happy we were in the game for a while.

Wyoming doesn't beat teams with a pulse on the road... and find ways to almost lose to terrible teams on the road. Holding Air Force to 24 isn't too shabby, especially considering we waited until extremely late in the second quarter to even get our first down.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 7 times

Outside of the 2 scoring drives before the half, we amassed a grand total of 87 yards.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

The last three minutes of the first half was the only good part of this game
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:48 pm We've seen the game plan. Stuff the run and make Chambers beat you through the air. He's going to have to play a lot better than tonight or it will turn into a really long year.
We definitely will only go as far as chambers will take us. It’s enough to win some games but it’ll never be enough to win a championship. I don’t get it. Chambers looks like a passer at times and then will go through spurts where he’s not even close. Is it his feet? I don’t know.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

AF O is solid. I bet they score 24+ most games so you gotta out score them.

Pretty simple and we'll see lots of it. Dare Chambers to beat you. He couldn't do it tonight. It really isn't more complicated than that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

LawPoke wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:43 pm Muma and our secondary had a rough game. As did our oline.

Officials were garbage but so were we.
I wasn’t able to watch. Seems like the d did their part. 24 points is ok. Held them to 3.3 ypc which is commendable against AF. Seems like the offense sucked as per usual
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

My take, for what it's worth??? AF came out controlled the ball and clock for the 1st 8:18 of this game, we came out flat on O again, and miraculously found ourselves for about 6 minutes of the 2nd then AF does what they do best....pass????? Sure, when we keyed on the run all game the surprise catches really did a number on us. Undefeated isn't the Wyoming way anyway and it was a bit overhyped, now we really get to the meat of our schedule and we'll see how bad we want it...afterall Boise was woken up by beating BYU today. We shall see, prepare for a night, hard fought game against the Fresno St Bulldogs next week..

How bad do they want it???
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

The next four games are very winnable - Fresno, New Mex, at SJSU, csu.

No need to panic. Yeah it sucks we lost, but it could have gone either way.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:51 am The next four games are very winnable - Fresno, New Mex, at SJSU, csu.

Yeah, we lost a road game to a decent team. Sucks, but it's not the end of the world ... yet. I do think we've got to give some other QBs a chance. If Sean stinks the joint up in the first half of next game I would like to see Williams.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 10 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:59 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:51 am The next four games are very winnable - Fresno, New Mex, at SJSU, csu.

Yeah, we lost a road game to a decent team. Sucks, but it's not the end of the world ... yet. I do think we've got to give some other QBs a chance. If Sean stinks the joint up in the first half of next game I would like to see Williams.
I agree. Could be a boost that the team needs.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 60 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:01 am

Got to disagree here...(hope that is ok...this is a message board after all) I think that game was a master class in how to get dominated by AFA. We had exactly two possessions where we did anything at all. I don't think it could have gone much worse for us if Troy Calhoun had scripted it himself.

There was a brief moment from the last few minutes of the first half through our first cruddy drive after the half where I though there was a glimmer but it was fool's gold.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

307bball wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:43 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:01 am

Got to disagree here...(hope that is ok...this is a message board after all) I think that game was a master class in how to get dominated by AFA. We had exactly two possessions where we did anything at all. I don't think it could have gone much worse for us if Troy Calhoun had scripted it himself.

There was a brief moment from the last few minutes of the first half through our first cruddy drive after the half where I though there was a glimmer but it was fool's gold.
I actually agree with this. Way more bad than good in the game and lots of room for concern.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.