Pipe dream, I know, but....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

It would be really cool if we can get by AF and get ranked along with Fresno staying at 1 loss. Before anyone starts with "not looking ahead, 1 game at a time, etc. etc.", understand not 1 damn thing that is said on this board impacts the outcomes of games. As much as you want to "remain focused" behind your keyboard, go ahead, but it will not in any way influence the outcome of any play let alone any game :D

With that said, here would be some of the top contenders for gameday (if you don't like espn, here is the obligatory: ESPN SUCKS---there now that's covered too ;) ):
TCU vs OU
Auburn vs Arkansas
Florida vs LSU
byu vs Baylor
OSU vs TX

I know that it is less than 0.0001% chance that gameday comes to Laramie. I'm guessing they go B12 with byu vs Baylor. However, if some of those matchups lose appeal because those teams stumble over the next few weeks or espn decides they want to do a non-P5 location once in the season, it would be cool if WYO vs Fresno gets in the conversation (again, assuming we can get by AF and Fresno keeps winning).
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

No, ragtime! Threads like this are the kiss of death. Fate does not smile kindly on those teams whose fans do not strictly "take it one game at a time". Now we're guaranteed to lose at AF. To undo your jinx I predict an AF win by three TDs and two season -ending injuries by chop block to our linemen.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

The dreaded sports jinx!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Why would you want the ESPN bleeding hearts coming to Laramie? The first thing they'll do is take cameras out to show the fence that Matthew Sheppard was tied to. No thanks.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:15 am It would be really cool if we can get by AF and get ranked along with Fresno staying at 1 loss. Before anyone starts with "not looking ahead, 1 game at a time, etc. etc.", understand not 1 damn thing that is said on this board impacts the outcomes of games. As much as you want to "remain focused" behind your keyboard, go ahead, but it will not in any way influence the outcome of any play let alone any game :D

With that said, here would be some of the top contenders for gameday (if you don't like espn, here is the obligatory: ESPN SUCKS---there now that's covered too ;) ):
TCU vs OU
Auburn vs Arkansas
Florida vs LSU
byu vs Baylor
OSU vs TX

I know that it is less than 0.0001% chance that gameday comes to Laramie. I'm guessing they go B12 with byu vs Baylor. However, if some of those matchups lose appeal because those teams stumble over the next few weeks or espn decides they want to do a non-P5 location once in the season, it would be cool if WYO vs Fresno gets in the conversation (again, assuming we can get by AF and Fresno keeps winning).
There is actually zero chance for gameday. ESPN has no broadcast rights to Wyo-Fresno and is not going to go to non-P5 for the benefit of its competitor.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:55 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:15 am It would be really cool if we can get by AF and get ranked along with Fresno staying at 1 loss. Before anyone starts with "not looking ahead, 1 game at a time, etc. etc.", understand not 1 damn thing that is said on this board impacts the outcomes of games. As much as you want to "remain focused" behind your keyboard, go ahead, but it will not in any way influence the outcome of any play let alone any game :D

TCU vs OU
Auburn vs Arkansas
Florida vs LSU
byu vs Baylor
OSU vs TX

There is actually zero chance for gameday. ESPN has no broadcast rights to Wyo-Fresno and is not going to go to non-P5 for the benefit of its competitor.
Signed, TCU vs Utah ;)

Before it starts, I realize that was two top 10 tens and different than fsu vs WYO,
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:21 pm

TCU vs OU
Auburn vs Arkansas
Florida vs LSU
byu vs Baylor
OSU vs TX

Signed, TCU vs Utah ;)

Before it starts, I realize that was two top 10 tens and different than fsu vs WYO,
That was 2009 - didn't the MWC have a TV deal with ESPN in 2009?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:45 pm

TCU vs OU
Auburn vs Arkansas
Florida vs LSU
byu vs Baylor
OSU vs TX

Signed, TCU vs Utah ;)

Looks like you are correct, the MWC TV deal with ESPN apparently ended in 2008.
http://www.byucougs.com/2009/10/updated ... ce-tv.html
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:49 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:45 pm

TCU vs OU
Auburn vs Arkansas
Florida vs LSU
byu vs Baylor
OSU vs TX

Signed, TCU vs Utah ;)

Looks like you are correct, the MWC TV deal with ESPN apparently ended in 2008.
http://www.byucougs.com/2009/10/updated ... ce-tv.html
Meh, you have a great point and more correct than I. In the case of TCU vs UTAH, ESPN didn't have a lot of options that weekend, if memory serves correctly. How do you ignore 2, T10 teams squaring off when nothing else was going on?

You are right, though. Won't happen now regardless of where MWC teams are ranked. Part of being 2nd class I guess.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Of course it is realistic for FCS powerhouses like ndsu, but. I agree with Oredigger, completely out of the realm of possibility for little ole WYO. Not going to happen ever.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:29 pm Of course it is realistic for FCS powerhouses like ndsu, but. I agree with Oredigger, completely out of the realm of possibility for little ole WYO. Not going to happen ever.
That being said, isnt the MWC in line for a few games on the primary FOX/CBS channels this year? Would still be damn good exposure
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:08 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:29 pm Of course it is realistic for FCS powerhouses like ndsu, but. I agree with Oredigger, completely out of the realm of possibility for little ole WYO. Not going to happen ever.
That being said, isnt the MWC in line for a few games on the primary FOX/CBS channels this year? Would still be damn good exposure
The Fresno game appears to have a FOX option that could be exercised. (Fox, FS1 or FS2)
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:10 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:08 pm
The Fresno game appears to have a FOX option that could be exercised. (Fox, FS1 or FS2)
Air Force - Navy and this past weeks Boise - Utah St games were both already on regular CBS. Not sure if any Mountain West games have already been on regular Fox yet or not.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Fresno’s loss to Hawaii ensures that this game will be on FS1.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 10 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:03 am Fresno’s loss to Hawaii ensures that this game will be on FS1.
Yep, exactly.

We just need to keep our heads down and win every week. Forget about the big picture.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I haven't decided if the MWC just has parity of mediocrity or actually decent this year. Jury is still out for sure.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 10 times

^I agree. Fresno looked good then lost. San Jose State was supposed to be decent, they aren't. Who knows what to make of us and Nevada. Strong starts but it's still a long season.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:30 am I haven't decided if the MWC just has parity of mediocrity or actually decent this year. Jury is still out for sure.
Seems like every conference including the "big boys" are in the same place. Shaping up to be a chaotic year in CFB.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 60 times

Agreed...seems to be a lot of parity out there in the major conferences with the exception of the SEC and Alabama.

I watched the Alabama vs Ole Miss game...sheesh. I figured that it would be a Bama win but that it would at least be fun to watch...Boy was I wrong. It's really dull to watch heavily mismatched sporting contests of any type. Ole Miss is a high level football program with a talent level that is well above average for College football and they could do nothing against Alabama.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Gameday in Laramie, that's truly funny....not in (the rest of) my lifetime!! Hope some year it proves me wrong!!