Bohl Must go…. I was the first to say Edwards

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

wwplayer wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:47 pm Despite what was obviously a sh#t game against a good AF team, the idea that Bohl should go is absolutely silly. What is it you want? Another young hotshot who comes running in with high expectations, has a good season or two, and then runs off to a bigger, more prestigious job? Rinse and repeat? At least Bohl has brought a huge amount of respect and stability to a small school in a small state with limited (population, exposure, media, you-name-it) options. This ain't Ohio State. Bohl seems to have made it evident that he's at UW for the long run. Almost any other decent coach would only use UW as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. I'd say get him more $$ to be able to keep his (good) assistant coaches from being poached away. All that said, it is pretty damn obvious this is not a 12-0 kind of team. The talent just isn't there. 9-3 if we get really lucky - more like 8-4 or even 7-5. At least those would be winning records. Consistent winning records have been shown by this coach (except for the first couple of seasons). Not boom and bust (I think all of Wyoming understands that concept).
Good post WW. I am in agreement on it all - get Bohl some $$$ to hire decent assistants, if you are just going to "manage them" then get better OC's and DC's.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:33 pm I picked 7 wins pre season. Looking at our schedule going forward now, I think I'm probably right on the money.

I see us beating Hawaii, SJSU, and NM and losing the rest from here on out. If we show up to play (coaches included), we may beat CSU in a close one.

Boise, Fresno, and Utah State, forget about it.
Coaches included, great point. They are lackluster on the sidelines, and uninspiring. We have no emotion from most of them, and it trickles down from there. I didn't see ANY fire in our team at the Academy. That is awful to see, and a sign that they don't believe IMO.
Dear Karma,

Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm
bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:33 pm I picked 7 wins pre season. Looking at our schedule going forward now, I think I'm probably right on the money.

I see us beating Hawaii, SJSU, and NM and losing the rest from here on out. If we show up to play (coaches included), we may beat CSU in a close one.

Coaches included, great point. They are lackluster on the sidelines, and uninspiring. We have no emotion from most of them, and it trickles down from there. I didn't see ANY fire in our team at the Academy. That is awful to see, and a sign that they don't believe IMO.
Bohl did have a deer in the headlights look, and he coached that way in the 4th quarter to back it up.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:24 pm
McPeachy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Bohl did have a deer in the headlights look, and he coached that way in the 4th quarter to back it up.
It was an embarrassing show on our sidelines. I sit behind the visiting teams at home games in Laramie, and I rarely (maybe never) see a team that isn't fired up and wanting to win and beat Wyoming. I have never seen a team so uninspired or showing a lack of passion like I did my Wyoming Cowboys (players, coaches, suits, etc.) last Saturday at AFA.
Dear Karma,

johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

A lot of topics being tossed around here; being a basketball school to the rah-rah analogy. All pretty useless in addressing a tough loss off a bye week to one of our biggest rivals.

I truly miss Josh running up and down the sideline, fired up and leading this team. We witnessed that, first hand both on the road and in the War. Motivation and excellence are formed when the coaches and players are determined to achieve it. I don't buy the premise that we don't have talent nor the capabilities to win this conference.

Bohl as the alleged CEO, needs to surround himself with capable coaches who resonate the belief we can achieve this. The players buy-in is critical, when we had Scotty Hazelton we had the formula on D. Who the hell knows with Polasek and this 2nd tier DC.

Bottom line is we are a football school, and we want to win Craig. Put the best players and coaches you can find on the field, if you don't do that we'll be pissed off. Fire the coaches who don't get things done to that standard and simply 'next man up' until we get the results we need.

Beat Fresno's ass.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I watched part of the SDSU SJSU game last night. At this point I think we're gonna struggle with them too unless we can pass the damn the ball. Their run defense was stout against SDSU.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

johnywyo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:15 pm A lot of topics being tossed around here; being a basketball school to the rah-rah analogy. All pretty useless in addressing a tough loss off a bye week to one of our biggest rivals.

I truly miss Josh running up and down the sideline, fired up and leading this team. We witnessed that, first hand both on the road and in the War. Motivation and excellence are formed when the coaches and players are determined to achieve it. I don't buy the premise that we don't have talent nor the capabilities to win this conference.

Bohl as the alleged CEO, needs to surround himself with capable coaches who resonate the belief we can achieve this. The players buy-in is critical, when we had Scotty Hazelton we had the formula on D. Who the hell knows with Polasek and this 2nd tier DC.

Bottom line is we are a football school, and we want to win Craig. Put the best players and coaches you can find on the field, if you don't do that we'll be pissed off. Fire the coaches who don't get things done to that standard and simply 'next man up' until we get the results we need.

Beat Fresno's A$$.
We most definitely are not a football school. Football schools actually win conference championships and not multiple losing seasons.

Not really a basketball school either. Closer to a basketball school than a football school though.

Way easier to be a basketball school than a football school also.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

We play football, we've won big ball games. Football keeps the other programs intact. These are the facts, look in the history of the programs and the ledger in the business managers office. We survive by the graces of the Football team. Don't get me wrong I like basketball as well, and finally we have a rising Mens bball squad. But championships aside in the MWC, we have a football first mentality in Wyoming.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Has Bohl lost the locker room? The players look all flat again today. Not seeing energy anywhere. We had energy the first 3 games of the season even though we needed 4th quarter comebacks in 2 of them. Starting with UConn and every game since then we have looked like a different team with no energy at all. Did something happen in the locker room at that time?
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

He’s done
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

So people still think this is the best we can do and we should stick with Bohl?

Unfortunately as bad as this season will end up, to buy Bohl out would cost 3.5 million thanks to the cushy contract given out by our inept AD. He still holds all the cards. Realistically the earliest we could move on from Bohl is 2023. Better buckle in for a long couple of years unless Bohl falls on his own sword and “retires”.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

We have the highest paid coach in the mw this year with what he self proclaimed was "his deepest team ever" and we are looking at an 0-8 conference season
wwplayer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 8 times

Don't say 0-8 conference record. We'll at least beat Hawaii in the November Wyoming cold. 5-7 for the year. I think I'm done caring.......
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

If we can’t afford to fire Bohl can we at least get rid of Burman?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

wwplayer wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:06 pm Don't say 0-8 conference record. We'll at least beat Hawaii in the November Wyoming cold. 5-7 for the year. I think I'm done caring.......
I don't know, Hawaii beat Fresno and we seem to be at least -2 turnover margin in every conference game. We certainly could win but I'm not counting any game a win at this point
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:12 pm
wwplayer wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:06 pm Don't say 0-8 conference record. We'll at least beat Hawaii in the November Wyoming cold. 5-7 for the year. I think I'm done caring.......
I don't know, Hawaii beat Fresno and we seem to be at least -2 turnover margin in every conference game. We certainly could win but I'm not counting any game a win at this point
We have to score TDs to win games. At this point I’d say that we should be an underdog in every game.
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I would say I hope you are right but I won’t even care at that point when we are 0-7 in conference and I don’t think we will beat Hawaii personally. We can’t score.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

Consistency. Bohl every year has 1 or more wtf embarrassing losses. To me this isn't as big of a wtf as many of the losses in previous years because to me it was somewhat expected based on the last 2 weeks. But being 20 point favorites at home this I think qualifies.

Most consistent team in the nation for sure. Every year embarrassing losses with bohl.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:59 pm
wwplayer wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:47 pm Despite what was obviously a sh#t game against a good AF team, the idea that Bohl should go is absolutely silly. What is it you want? Another young hotshot who comes running in with high expectations, has a good season or two, and then runs off to a bigger, more prestigious job? Rinse and repeat? At least Bohl has brought a huge amount of respect and stability to a small school in a small state with limited (population, exposure, media, you-name-it) options. This ain't Ohio State. Bohl seems to have made it evident that he's at UW for the long run. Almost any other decent coach would only use UW as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. I'd say get him more $$ to be able to keep his (good) assistant coaches from being poached away. All that said, it is pretty damn obvious this is not a 12-0 kind of team. The talent just isn't there. 9-3 if we get really lucky - more like 8-4 or even 7-5. At least those would be winning records. Consistent winning records have been shown by this coach (except for the first couple of seasons). Not boom and bust (I think all of Wyoming understands that concept).
Good post WW. I am in agreement on it all - get Bohl some $$$ to hire decent assistants, if you are just going to "manage them" then get better OC's and DC's.
Or maybe that clown should give up his salary to help? He’s the highest paid coach in the MW. Polasek makes double Sawvel. This program is f-word. Bohl is the ultimate con artist.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Subcanis wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:08 pm If we can’t afford to fire Bohl can we at least get rid of Burman?
No kidding. There is no point getting rid of Bohl as long as Burman is the man picking his replacement.
52-56