What did we do to the Officiating Gods?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

The crew at UCONN was awful but the AFA bunch was even worse.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

The AF game was the single worst I’ve witnessed against Wyoming. Phantom hold call that kills Wyoming’s drive. Incomplete pass on a catch by Welch. No holding on the AF receiver on a play that spring them for a first down on a 3rd and 8 in their own territory. Every one of those calls massively impacted the game.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

AF has always been favored by the officials. I have seen it for many years, and not only against us either.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:58 am The AF game was the single worst I’ve witnessed against Wyoming. Phantom hold call that kills Wyoming’s drive. Incomplete pass on a catch by Welch. No holding on the AF receiver on a play that spring them for a first down on a 3rd and 8 in their own territory. Every one of those calls massively impacted the game.
That and the poop facemask call - it didn't happen, replay showed it didn't happen, but you can't overturn a call like that. Oh, and there was the Chambers "grounding" pass that was in the middle of the GD field, and had 2 receivers within 10-15 yards.

We didn't lose because of the ref's in this game, but it certainly hampered us, and swung momentum on several occasions. :thumbdown:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:58 am The AF game was the single worst I’ve witnessed against Wyoming. Phantom hold call that kills Wyoming’s drive. Incomplete pass on a catch by Welch. No holding on the AF receiver on a play that spring them for a first down on a 3rd and 8 in their own territory. Every one of those calls massively impacted the game.
Oh I can think of worse ones. Remember how they shorted us a down the last time we played Air Force?

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/operat ... pping-down

How about that terrible fumble call on Demo in 2007? Obviously down when the ball came out. So obvious that no one even chased the guy who picked it up. Nope, even after review they refused to overturn it. That was at least a 10 point turnaround in what turned out to be an 8 point loss.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

It continued for UW this weekend as well...just awful refing...AWFUL. Those MF'ers should be ashamed that they are so f-word bad at their jobs. They should feel guilty for collecting a paycheck.
Dear Karma,

COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:57 am It continued for UW this weekend as well...just awful refing...AWFUL. Those MF'ers should be ashamed that they are so f##k[#] bad at their jobs. They should feel guilty for collecting a paycheck.
Agreed! What was wrong with that catch? Every time we started to get some momentum going, a bad or missed call killed it. Not saying it would have been enough to overcome 5 turnovers, but it sure didn't help.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

COS Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:06 am
McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:57 am It continued for UW this weekend as well...just awful refing...AWFUL. Those MF'ers should be ashamed that they are so f##k[#] bad at their jobs. They should feel guilty for collecting a paycheck.
Agreed! What was wrong with that catch? Every time we started to get some momentum going, a bad or missed call killed it. Not saying it would have been enough to overcome 5 turnovers, but it sure didn't help.
Yep - and it started Saturday with the targeting and ejection of Rome. Hell, if the refs are going to stop play to review for this poop, they need to stop after EVERY f-word play and review it as such, as it goes on ALL THE TIME.
Dear Karma,

WyoGeezer
Buckaroo

If you want to blame the officials, then make Bohl wear a striped shirt, black pants, black cap, black shoes and a whistle, and carry an orange rag in his pocket.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WyoGeezer wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:47 am If you want to blame the officials, then make Bohl wear a striped shirt, black pants, black cap, black shoes and a whistle, and carry an orange rag in his pocket.
You lost me at "blame..."

Personally, I am not blaming the officials for anything other than being pathetic. And they were. Did UW lose because of the refs in either the AFA or FSU games? No, they didn't, but UW sure was on the receiving end of poor calls, no calls, bad calls, etc. the past 2 games. And there is the thing called "momentum"...that can be swung pretty heavily at times...by the ref's!
Dear Karma,