Fresno Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Extremely short post game presser from Bohl. His answer to everything is we need to take a look at the tape. No wonder our in game adjustments are non existent, it's like he's not even watching the game on the sideline.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Williams one interception was off the receivers hands wasn’t it? So wasn’t his fault on that one.

Chambers on the other hand scored all 17 points for Fresno. He was Fresno’s player of the game today on their post game show.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

There's not a qb on the roster that can throw the ball which looks like is limiting the playbook quite a bit.

Not a good sign. The offense under Bohl has been abysmal. Unless he can find another Josh Allen, I don't think the offense will improve much. I was expecting things to start coming together but the O is regressing.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:04 pm There's not a qb on the roster that can throw the ball which looks like is limiting the playbook quite a bit.

Not a good sign. The offense under Bohl has been abysmal. Unless he can find another Josh Allen, I don't think the offense will improve much. I was expecting things to start coming together but the O is regressing.
Hard to evaluate Williams coming in cold and the first pass is a deep ball. He may only end up being a slight improvement over chambers, but bohl and company put him in a bad position. They should have pulled chambers at half time.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

HR_Poke wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:31 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:04 pm There's not a qb on the roster that can throw the ball which looks like is limiting the playbook quite a bit.

Hard to evaluate Williams coming in cold and the first pass is a deep ball. He may only end up being a slight improvement over chambers, but bohl and company put him in a bad position. They should have pulled chambers at half time.
Agree. The situation Williams was put in shows little of his ability to manage the offense. We need to see him handing off to Valladay and Swen to move the ball down the field with typical drive sustaining throws (not bombs down the field in the hopes of a miracle).

I personally like Chambers drive and competitiveness but he has shown over the past several weeks that he will likely never have the accuracy for a pro style offense.

If I am coach, I start Williams until halftime and then evaluate then which QB gives us the best chance to win.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Is the offense regressing or is the competition getting better? We struggled to move the ball against UConn. We played 4 OOC
cupcakes and now the rubber meets the road. The announcer said Fresno really covered Valladay on those wheel routes today.
I don't think our Oline is exactly dominant either. Chambers rarely has a clean pocket to throw from. We haven't established any kind of running game the last 2 weeks. I'm not defending Chambers' play, but the offense has Oline issues as well.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:42 pm

Agree. The situation Williams was put in shows little of his ability to manage the offense. We need to see him handing off to Valladay and Swen to move the ball down the field with typical drive sustaining throws (not bombs down the field in the hopes of a miracle).

I personally like Chambers drive and competitiveness but he has shown over the past several weeks that he will likely never have the accuracy for a pro style offense.

If I am coach, I start Williams until halftime and then evaluate then which QB gives us the best chance to win.
In my opinion chambers shouldn't have started today, but it became increasingly frustrating that they left him in as long as they did. He wasn't completing passes, staring down receiver's. Just making really bad decisions. Guessing bohl left it up to the OC but he shouldn't have even started the second half. He was 8/22 with 3 ints and 0 TDs. That's abysmal.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:51 pm Williams one interception was off the receivers hands wasn’t it? So wasn’t his fault on that one.

Chambers on the other hand scored all 17 points for Fresno. He was Fresno’s player of the game today on their post game show.
Got to give Williams a fair shake. I think he can do better than chambers. Didn’t really show today but I think he can
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

6-6 (maybe) is as good as it's going to get this year. And no better next year. I think CSU is going to clean our clocks (as old timers say)
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:00 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:51 pm Williams one interception was off the receivers hands wasn’t it? So wasn’t his fault on that one.

Got to give Williams a fair shake. I think he can do better than chambers. Didn’t really show today but I think he can
Won't take much to be better than his 36% completion rate. Williams was hitting 55% last year, just had some picks
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:03 pm 6-6 (maybe) is as good as it's going to get this year. And no better next year. I think CSU is going to clean our clocks (as old timers say)
That's my fear, they seem to be improving while we are regressing.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:40 pm Extremely short post game presser from Bohl. His answer to everything is we need to take a look at the tape. No wonder our in game adjustments are non existent, it's like he's not even watching the game on the sideline.
Anyone have a link to the Bohl's post game presser?
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Cornpoke wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:08 pm
bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:40 pm Extremely short post game presser from Bohl. His answer to everything is we need to take a look at the tape. No wonder our in game adjustments are non existent, it's like he's not even watching the game on the sideline.
It’s on the Wyoming Cowboys Facebook page (probably other places as well).
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Cornpoke wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:08 pm
Transcript

https://gowyo.com/documents/2021/10/16/ ... ostate.pdf
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:42 pm

I think Williams' consistency is also suspect. He also isn't accurate enough for how hard he throws. I could be wrong but I don't think we have a QB that can throw and not judging Williams on this game.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:19 pm Wow refs hate us. What the [#]f##k ??? How is that not a catch????
I couldn't see the replay clearly at the game, can someone who was watching on TV please share what was said about this incomplete call standing instead of being ruled a catch? Was it really that close of a call?

I'm not looking for a Brown and Gold glasses view here.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

At this point, I’d be ok with trying Clemons or Gibbs
W-Y, Until I Die!